dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He hasn't regressed. He just continues to be who he is but fans just don't want to accept it. Hell, even I...in a moment of weakness......thought we'd blow out TB. Teams force Dak to beat them and he just can't do it consistently. He's not accurate enough to go deep and he doesn't trust his arm which is why we saw the QB scramble with seconds remaining in the playoff game. It's just more wasted years.
But he was accurate at one point. It definitely got worse last yr after he missed that game. I wrote it off then as injury related (plus he had that shoulder issue all of training camp/preseason). He also wasn't afraid to uncork balls downfield. Now it's like he won't even consider it, no matter what the defense shows him.

I think he has turned into another Jim Everett. A guy who was pretty good but for whatever reason, became timid and gun-shy and doesn't trust himself or what he sees anymore. He looks like he has lost complete confidence on the field.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
He looked like he had not practiced or prepared at all.

Then I noticed in pregame he was on the sidelines taking pics with some kids, I thought I saw Michelle Tafoya standing close by so maybe it's her kids. That's a nice gesture and all, but it isnt something they should be doing then IMO.

You haven't been paying attention. There were rumblings that Dak wasn't a good practice QB and they go all the way back to his rookie year. The Red Dolt nipped all talk of a possible Romo comeback when he told people the job was not up for grabs; Romo knew he could outplay him at practice and win the job in a "fair" competition. That's why we have Cooper and Grier; they won't challenge for shit and Dak feels safe. There were even reports from TC this year that the O was having problems but people laughed it off as our D being dominant. Dak is who we thought he was.....

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This idea that Dak should not face competition every year is bullshit. Both Staubauch and Aikman had to fend off challengers. BP challenged QC and he couldn't handle it. That's the way shit rolls. There are very few sacred cows in the NFL and the only reason Dak is protected is because of his salary, not his skill level.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I still think DeNucci looked better than Rush or Grier in the games this preseason.

Doesnt looked like anyone picked him up after he was cut.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
He looked like he had not practiced or prepared at all.

Then I noticed in pregame he was on the sidelines taking pics with some kids, I thought I saw Michelle Tafoya standing close by so maybe it's her kids. That's a nice gesture and all, but it isnt something they should be doing then IMO.
I was never super impressed with him even when he was a rookie. My thoughts at the time was he would never be a superstar QB and the best we could hope for was for him to be Russell Wilson lite. A team can win a Superbowl without a superstar QB but the team has to be well put together and Jerry is incapable of putting together such a team. That is why I had no problem tuning out back in 2017 because I knew Dak with Garrett as coach on a Jerry built team would never do anything special. Yesterday Dak looked more like Quincy Carter lite than Russel Wilson lite.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
It's just depressing. You look forward to football all year and your season is effectively over in WK1. This is about as down as I've ever been on Prescott. Played scared all night, threw a hideous pick, missed a wide open receiver, and didn't elevate anyone. $40M my ass. Even if he returns, he'll be at like 80% capacity. Arrogant Jerry did nothing at receiver or backup QB and we're about to reap the rewards. Every trick play blew up in our face, Pollard couldn't pick up blitzes, Steele had four penalties alone and the non-doomsday defense got gashed on the ground. Other than that it was a great night.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I still think DeNucci looked better than Rush or Grier in the games this preseason.

Doesnt looked like anyone picked him up after he was cut.

Danoooch is the plan for week 6

I give this team 2 games with Rush at QB before they pull the ripcord and decide to give Grier the job. Then they will sign Ben at that time. So Grier starts for game 4. I give the team another 2 weeks of disappointment with Grier at back up before they pull the ripcord once again. That’s when Danoooch will be put in to shit the bed until Dak comes back

Hopefully every single one of these games using our own failed experiments ends in devastating losses.

Kill two birds with one stone, secure a high draft pick for next season and kill off MM and KM. Which will open the way for Sean Peyton or DQ for next season.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Holy hell, Denver's o-line looks almost as bad as ours right now...

Top Bottom