dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Isnt this what OTA, mini camp, training camp and preseason is supposed to be for?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK. So I was dead wrong again after putting my faith in the QB. He'll add another body or two to his HC cemetery before this season is out.

And I'm not even disappointed in Dak's hand injury like I was when he injured his ankle. He was shit before the hand injury and he'll be shit after the injury. He's a regular PR machine in the mold of Jerry and spawn. All they were talking about is how much more zip he had on the ball due to some different workout routine in the off-season. I saw the same old Dak, minus the garbage time stats but the injury robbed us of that.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not only did we lose Dak to injury, but we also lost Kearse, Basham, and McGovern

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe Dak will announce his retirement ala Andrew Luck.
He did not look interested in football last night.

He played with a fire in his belly for most of his early career and his attitude rubbed off on the team. He was thrust into a bad situation as having to start from day one, but the vets really took to him because he had leadership skill. He played with a warrior type mentality on the field.

He does not seem like THAT guy anymore. All game long he looked like he had the deer in the headlights look. He read the defense poorly. He threw poorly and he looked very timid in the pocket. He's a shell of his former self.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
All they were talking about is how much more zip he had on the ball due to some different workout routine in the off-season. I saw the same old Dak, minus the garbage time stats but the injury robbed us of that.
Yeah I didn't see much evidence of more zip.

I did see plenty of late reads, high and wide throws though.

To me it's a huge surprise at how much he has regressed. McCarthy had a career long resume of QB development and getting a lot of everyone he coached. I do think some of it is Moore, but ultimately that falls back on the HC once he sees a guy isnt getting it done.

But something else is missing with Prescott now. He just is not the same player anymore and like you said, injury or no injury it s not going to matter. I really question his passion for the game now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not only did we lose Dak to injury, but we also lost Kearse, Basham, and McGovern
Basham was awful last night so he is no loss. Honestly I was surprised he made the team to begin with, another of those hanger on-ers we seemingly refuse to get rid of.

Kearse didnt have much of a game either.

McGovern loss hurts though. He looked better during preseason and last night was having a great start.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Positives from last night:

1) Punter and kicker
2) Play of rookie LT Tyler Smith
3) Zeke looked good
4) Parsons had two sacks and a couple other splash plays
5) Diggs had a really good game, I know he gave up the TD but that was an excellent throw by Brady and the WR probably got away with the push off too. Otherwise he was glue on his guys.
6) It's over

Negatives from last night:
1) RT was a complete disaster, especially in the 2nd half. Had at least 4 accepted penalties against him
2) CeeDee Lamb did not have a good game and had a key drop on 3rd down, too many drops last year and it reared its ugly head again last night
3) Defense as a whole was lousy and was run on at will, didn't force a punt until the 2nd half (that's the 2nd consecutive game this has happened)
4) Coaching was just putrid. Game plans on both sides of the ball were utter garbage. No in-game or halftime adjustments and penalties galore, again.
5) Farniok is better at C than he is G
6) Other than Noah Brown the WR play didn't appear very good (although see below, this might deserve an ***) and the decision to bench 3rd rd pick Jalen Tolbert is something that should be questioned
7) Punt and kick return guru did not look any better than what we've seen for years
8) Tony Pollard was horrendous. He has never been all that good at blitz/pass protection, but he appears to have gotten FAR worse. Not only can he not block if he tried, but many times he doesn't appear to even know WHO to block. Was a complete zero in the run game last night too. He'd be a player I'd definitely try to get whatever I could for before the trade deadline.

DISASTROUS

1) Dak Prescott. Bad reads, bad throws, appears timid in the pocket and other than one play showed no interest in running (even when it was there). He is a shell of his former self and unlike early in his career, I don't think the team has any confidence in him anymore. The reactions of some of the receivers/TE's after some of his throws was very telling in my opinion.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The most recent news seems to suggest Dak will be out at least 6-8 weeks.

I’m guessing we see Rush for two more games before they decide to put in Grier.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The most recent news seems to suggest Dak will be out at least 6-8 weeks.

I’m guessing we see Rush for two more games before they decide to put in Grier.
Grier has no chance.

I doubt we'd win much with Rush either, but Grier has no arm whatsoever and his inaccuracy is probably worse than Prescott at this point.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Put this in your pipe and smoke it.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
On the bright side…

This may be the perfect season to give us a high enough draft pick to be able to find Dak’s replacement

Are there any boy wonders that will be eligible for next years draft that we could go after with a high enough pick?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Put this in your pipe and smoke it.

Well, to be fair, Jerry is gonna Jerry

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
At least we don’t have to worry about protecting our $140 million dollar QB anymore. That means we can leave the Rookie Tyler Smith in at LT and let him learn on the job and get some much needed reps. This should help his development. If he struggles, so be it, let him figure it out.

And if he misses a few blocks that lead to massive sacks…

It’s only Cooper Rush

Like Drago said “If he dies, he dies”

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here are a few things I’m interested in seeing this game. Hell, this season for that matter.

How DQ is going to use Barr. Hopefully he can get the best out of him like he did with Kearse last season. DQ has a way of putting his players in the best situation to have success.

How Ferguson is going to fair and how well he can block?

Can we run the ball? Both Jerry and MM were spewing a bunch of mouth diarrhea about needing/wanting to run the ball this season. But will KM actually do it? I won’t believe it till I see it. We have heard this shit before. But when it comes game time KM starts calling plays to fling it all over the yard and neglects the run.

I want to see Pollard get used more like the Niners use Deebo. He needs to get more touches. I don’t care how they get him more touches. He just needs to be more involved.

Can Diggs get another INT on Brady? I expect at least 1 INT.

Can Parsons sack Brady? He never got him last time. I want to see him get 2 sacks this game. This is likely the last chance he may ever get to sack the GOAT. I know he wants to get him at least once before he retires.

Hopefully our d-line lives up to the hype. I want to see them in Brady’s face all damn game. Once you get him worried about constant pressure he starts throwing the ball away quicker and quicker to avoid the pressure.

And here is the most important thing I’m looking to see. Can we finally stop the fucking run? Because if we can’t, none of the above matters.

Barr was non existent

Ferguson was non existent

no we still won’t run the ball. 60 total yards between both RB’s

Pollard was non existent except when he blew blocks

Diggs had a good game, but no INT

Parsons DID sack Brady twice like I expected! Great game and this kid may end up DMVP now that TJ Watt is out of the picture with a torn pec

We could not get or keep constant pressure on Brady.

And most importantly, we still can’t stop the fucking run!

All in all, out of all my questions I had about this team going into this game, only Micah Parsons did not let me down. Every other aspect was an utter failure!

Tyler Smith had him a good first game. Now that Dak is gone we can keep him in and get him the reps he needs to get better.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
On the bright side…

This may be the perfect season to give us a high enough draft pick to be able to find Dak’s replacement

Are there any boy wonders that will be eligible for next years draft that we could go after with a high enough pick?
They is a coupla three

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
CJ Stroud has the potential to be the #1 QB. I know many like that little guy from Alabama but that's one of the reasons I DON'T like him, he is too small/frail.

Darkhorse candidate for #1 QB might be the Kentucky kid, Will Levis. Is big and strong and has a really good arm. He keeps getting better and plays in the best conference in USA.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Barr was non existent

Ferguson was non existent

no we still won’t run the ball. 60 total yards between both RB’s

Pollard was non existent except when he blew blocks

Diggs had a good game, but no INT

Parsons DID sack Brady twice like I expected! Great game and this kid may end up DMVP now that TJ Watt is out of the picture with a torn pec

We could not get or keep constant pressure on Brady.

And most importantly, we still can’t stop the fucking run!

All in all, out of all my questions I had about this team going into this game, only Micah Parsons did not let me down. Every other aspect was an utter failure!

Tyler Smith had him a good first game. Now that Dak is gone we can keep him in and get him the reps he needs to get better.
After acting like Ferguson would be a real contributor, they really didn't play him much. 11 of 69 snaps and on most (if not all) of those he was just an extra blocker. With the struggles at WR and how well Ferguson performed in TC and PS, not using him more was another FAIL by the coaches.

Barr was invisible and to me looks like a guy who's probably done. Willing to give him another week or two but after that Jabril Cox should be getting all those reps if he is 100%

As for the run game, Zeke ran it really well and unfortunately only got 10 attempts. It's tough to sustain a run game though when you can't convert 3rd downs. 3/15 is abysmal and Prescott was the main reason. It wasn't like we were in 3rd and 14 all the time, Zeke gained positive yards on every carry.

Top Bottom