dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
3-1 is something none of us predicted. Fairly ugly win but there was some good and plenty of bad. They clearly have things they got to fix:

1) Cooper Rush had a few errant throws but for the most part had another really good week. He, Lamb, Brown and Gallup were the entire offense today. Props to Rush though, first Cowboy QB to ever win his first FOUR starts.

2) Absolutely horrendous game by the OL, all of them appeared to get their asses handed to them and the worst part if Zack Martin got what appeared to be a fairly significant ant ankle injury. He stayed out awhile and came back, but did not look good Then came out again for last series or two. The run blocking was non existent and I bet there were 8 or 10 run plays for a loss.

3) Defense was mostly good, but got chewed up on the ground by a team that in the first 3 games couldn't run on anyone. When it was still a game it appeared the Redskins basically game planned to run right at Micah Parson anytime he lined up at DE, and Parson got wiped out on almost all of them. He is not an every down DE and while they have blinding speed up front they are very light and easily moved. Only two sacks against the team that had given up the most, although Wentz was pressured quite a bit and had two or three intentional grounding calls because of it.

4) We got tore up by injuries today, will have to wait and see how significant some of them are but just from what I saw and/or was commented on, we lost Jourdan Lewis (rookie Daron Bland played and had his first career pick), starting DT Q Bohanna (went straight to locker room and never returned), Zack Martin got hurt, came back and then left again, Noah Brown got hurt and didnt return that I noticed, Micah Parson appeared to injure his back or kidney and stayed out some, then returned but never looked the same.

5) Horrendous game by Dalton Schultz, who looked like someone who should not have played. Looked very slow and his blocking was awful, also had 1 or 2 penalties.

6) Bad game by Pollard, who was thrown for several losses and again missed on a couple of pass protection plays. Bac OL play definitely contributed though.

7) Great game by Trevon Diggs again.

8) BRETT FREAKING MAHER, money

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Disagree with Sturm here. Until you know for 100% certain Prescott is absolutely 100%, no reason to play him.

Now if they were 0-4 or something, maybe you think differently.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Tyron was missed today though. The rookie had a tough game even when Jason Peters was next to him (who also had a bad game)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Gallup looked pretty good for first time out. Should only get better the closer he gets to 100%

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Rode him hard for some bad play (especially the drop early last week) but the 2nd half last week and the game today he looked like a true #1 WR.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Pretty much what Diggs had done to everyone he has faced so far this yr

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Amari Cooper today: 1 catch, 9 yds in a road loss to a bad Atlanta team

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Stealers rookie QB Kenny Pickett had his debit today.......10/13 120 yds...not bad?

Except all 3 incompletions were interceptions

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
3-1 is something none of us predicted. Fairly ugly win but there was some good and plenty of bad. They clearly have things they got to fix:

1) Cooper Rush had a few errant throws but for the most part had another really good week. He, Lamb, Brown and Gallup were the entire offense today. Props to Rush though, first Cowboy QB to ever win his first FOUR starts.

2) Absolutely horrendous game by the OL, all of them appeared to get their asses handed to them and the worst part if Zack Martin got what appeared to be a fairly significant ant ankle injury. He stayed out awhile and came back, but did not look good Then came out again for last series or two. The run blocking was non existent and I bet there were 8 or 10 run plays for a loss.

3) Defense was mostly good, but got chewed up on the ground by a team that in the first 3 games couldn't run on anyone. When it was still a game it appeared the Redskins basically game planned to run right at Micah Parson anytime he lined up at DE, and Parson got wiped out on almost all of them. He is not an every down DE and while they have blinding speed up front they are very light and easily moved. Only two sacks against the team that had given up the most, although Wentz was pressured quite a bit and had two or three intentional grounding calls because of it.

4) We got tore up by injuries today, will have to wait and see how significant some of them are but just from what I saw and/or was commented on, we lost Jourdan Lewis (rookie Daron Bland played and had his first career pick), starting DT Q Bohanna (went straight to locker room and never returned), Zack Martin got hurt, came back and then left again, Noah Brown got hurt and didnt return that I noticed, Micah Parson appeared to injure his back or kidney and stayed out some, then returned but never looked the same.

5) Horrendous game by Dalton Schultz, who looked like someone who should not have played. Looked very slow and his blocking was awful, also had 1 or 2 penalties.

6) Bad game by Pollard, who was thrown for several losses and again missed on a couple of pass protection plays. Bac OL play definitely contributed though.

7) Great game by Trevon Diggs again.

8) BRETT FREAKING MAHER, money
#2 was the most alarming. there were two series where we were inside our own five yard line and the play calling was absolutely conservative/abysmal. we couldn't run in obvious running situations, thrown for loss after loss. and can the fucking center snap the ball with more velocity? how can they not see this is a problem? and why is it not corrected?

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Gallup looked pretty good for first time out. Should only get better the closer he gets to 100%

I've always liked his game. I'm hoping once he is a hundred percent he could take it to another kevel.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
First rookie to throw a touchdown this season? Bailey Zappe. Someone somewhere won big ass money off that...

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The run blocking was non existent and I bet there were 8 or 10 run plays for a loss
Running the ball on 1st and 10 into the teeth of the 8 man box, constantly and predictably. I fucking hate that.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good game today and poor Wentz was peeing in his shorts trying to get the ball out quick. I don't think Cooper Rush played a great game by any stretch and I'm not seeing all the love. Played solid but the D is winning us games. Cooper's first loss and people will be calling for Dak.

Did I mention that this D is really good......?

Top Bottom