dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
#2 was the most alarming. there were two series where we were inside our own five yard line and the play calling was absolutely conservative/abysmal. we couldn't run in obvious running situations, thrown for loss after loss. and can the fucking center snap the ball with more velocity? how can they not see this is a problem? and why is it not corrected?
I've been sounding the alarm on Biadasz' lack of velocity on his shotgun snaps since his rookie year. I don't think it's as bad as it was as a rookie or for most of the year last yr, but I bet if someone put the stopwatch on him he'd definitely rank near the bottom of the league in "snap to QB" speed. It definitely looks like it disrupts the timing on a lot of plays. I can't see how they arn't concerned about it.

His blocking is not that bad, but if you mess up play after play because the snap arrives too slow that's something that has to be resolved IMO. When Farniok played C last year and then again this yr in preseason his snaps appeared much crisper.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Running the ball on 1st and 10 into the teeth of the 8 man box, constantly and predictably. I fucking hate that.
People complain when they don't run the ball enough. Then they complain when they do try to commit to it and run it.

It wasn't always 8 man boxes they couldn't run against either.

They need to run the ball better than this, 8 man fronts or not.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good game today and poor Wentz was peeing in his shorts trying to get the ball out quick. I don't think Cooper Rush played a great game by any stretch and I'm not seeing all the love. Played solid but the D is winning us games. Cooper's first loss and people will be calling for Dak.

Did I mention that this D is really good......?
When they improve vs the run, I'll agree the defense is "really good" I think they have a number of really good players and our pass rush is obviously a problem for just about everyone now.

I do think some of it's the scheme as they play more 6 men in the box fronts then any other team I see, and in many of those 6 man fronts they have Parsons at DE. Yesterday it seemed like it was some sort of automatic call for the Redskins too, almost every time they saw Parsons line up at DE (especially on 1st or 2nd down) they seemed like the changed to a run play, motioned a TE over (if one wasn't already there) and then ran right at Parsons. It worked more often than not and I think it impacted his pass rush as the game wore on.

I thought they played the run better in the 2nd half (they gave up over a 100 in the first half alone I think) but it's something they have to get better at.

By the way, that Tampa team that ran hogwild on us on opening night, they managed 3 (yes THREE) yds rushing for the game last night. Washington's 3 games before us they managed 85, 88 and 87 yards rushing. They got 142 on us with a mediocre OL that had at least a couple backups playing (including their 3rd different starting C this year)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hopefully this kid stays healthy all year. Has definitely been one of the most improved (and one of the most impressive) players on the field.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Good game today and poor Wentz was peeing in his shorts trying to get the ball out quick. I don't think Cooper Rush played a great game by any stretch and I'm not seeing all the love. Played solid but the D is winning us games. Cooper's first loss and people will be calling for Dak.

Did I mention that this D is really good......?

Rush should have had 3 INT’s. 2 were negated by bonehead penalties and 1 was dropped.

If those went the other way this game would have looked completely different.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I wonder which shitty team Cooper Rush will be starting for next season?

You know some desperate team will go after his services. Especially if he ends up beating the Super Bowl Champs next week.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I heard something disturbing during the broadcast yesterday.

They stated that Micah contributes his success to DQ. Which is great. But they also said that Micah said “I go where he goes” when talking about DQ.

It would really suck to lose Micah after his rookie contract is up if DQ takes a HC job elsewhere.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rush should have had 3 INT’s. 2 were negated by bonehead penalties and 1 was dropped.

If those went the other way this game would have looked completely different.

No doubt. That's why I'm saying I don't see all the love for Cooper. He does some things really well and he's scrappy enough to go downfield with his sub-par arm. Still think Dak is a better QB but Cooper is probably better at reading a D. Two big games coming up and we'll see what Cooper can do. At some point, he's gonna have to hang some points on the board to keep up.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
People complain when they don't run the ball enough. Then they complain when they do try to commit to it and run it.

It wasn't always 8 man boxes they couldn't run against either.

They need to run the ball better than this, 8 man fronts or not.
Yeah we don't need better play calling. 1st and 10 is our run down EVERY FUCKIN TIME and it's okay if the opponent knows it. Can't vary it, at all. Wouldn't wanna catch anyone flat footed or anything. Wouldn't be fair.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

They stated that Micah contributes his success to DQ. Which is great. But they also said that Micah said “I go where he goes” when talking about DQ.

It would really suck to lose Micah after his rookie contract is up if DQ takes a HC job elsewhere.

Here is an article about the quote

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

When the most important player on your team is a defensive player, your team is built wrong. Lets just assume that Micah means what he says and DQ leaves to become a HC. DQ would be going to a bottom dwelling team and I'm trading Micah for multiple first round picks and more. And I'd use those picks to find a QB.

This is not a slight on Micah. He demands double and triple teams and OC's have to scheme around him. But he's also been getting the shit kicked out of him the last few games. Of course, that frees up other players to make plays. But my point is that Micah isn't taking us to the SB with an average QB, whether it be Dak or Cooper. Sure someone can point out the outliers. But if we want to contend and do so over an extended period of time, we need a franchise QB. I wouldn't let a team be held hostage by any player, even Micah, unless it's a true franchise QB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

They have this thing called the franchise tag.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah we don't need better play calling. 1st and 10 is our run down EVERY FUCKIN TIME and it's okay if the opponent knows it. Can't vary it, at all. Wouldn't wanna catch anyone flat footed or anything. Wouldn't be fair.
Right, and then if they somehow end up with less run plays than pass plays with a backup QB starting you'll be one of first in line to say "Kellen Moore wont commit to the run even when it's obvious they should be trying to game plan with a backup QB better"

The play calling is not bad, the lack of ability for the OL to move people consistently IS. They haven't played the fucking 85 Bears every week for the past half-season+

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
When the most important player on your team is a defensive player, your team is built wrong. Lets just assume that Micah means what he says and DQ leaves to become a HC. DQ would be going to a bottom dwelling team and I'm trading Micah for multiple first round picks and more. And I'd use those picks to find a QB.

This is not a slight on Micah. He demands double and triple teams and OC's have to scheme around him. But he's also been getting the shit kicked out of him the last few games. Of course, that frees up other players to make plays. But my point is that Micah isn't taking us to the SB with an average QB, whether it be Dak or Cooper. Sure someone can point out the outliers. But if we want to contend and do so over an extended period of time, we need a franchise QB. I wouldn't let a team be held hostage by any player, even Micah, unless it's a true franchise QB.
The most important player on EVERY team is the QB.

Micah is the BEST player on this team, and therefore extremely important.

And while not the norm, a number of pretty average QB's have won super bowls and even a few teams with BACKUP QB's won a Super Bowl.

Top Bottom