Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Anyone else notice Dooms is getting ornery in his old age?
As I see more and more of my friends and relatives die waiting for another Cowboys super bowl while fucking Jerry lives on continuing to put a garbage product on the field and rake in millions annually from it.

Makes a fella surly.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This one just came out of nowhere, hopefully one of these two replacement guys we sign can be adequate, but it isnt always easy to find really good deep snappers. We were blessed with two awesome ones for a L O N G time and this McQauide guy was not an issue at all so far.

This could be bad. Outta work football players in October are outta work for a reason.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
speaking of snapping, Biadasz better get his shit together

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As I see more and more of my friends and relatives die waiting for another Cowboys super bowl while fucking Jerry lives on continuing to put a garbage product on the field and rake in millions annually from it.

Makes a fella surly.

I can agree 100% with your post and I feel the same way. But that's not dbair's fault. Let's just let him be happy while we're on a small winning streak......

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Makes a fella surly.
Yeah, well what about those THREE soup bowls

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
At the end of SB 30 I knew and said to the gathered friends, gonna be awhile before we see another Dallas SB. Never fucking dreamed it would be 30 years. We're creeping up on it.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The hell it ain't. Dallas FO and coaching staff read here daily and see that fucker pumping sunshine saying there's nothing wrong with our play calling.

Well maybe dbair's pimping for a job......like a few of the sunshine pumpers elsewhere on another forum. But I don't think anyone from the team would give our opinions a whole lot of thought. At least not after we tried to hire a pilot and sea captain for Jerry's toys.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Well maybe dbair's pimping for a job......like a few of the sunshine pumpers elsewhere on another forum. But I don't think anyone from the team would give our opinions a whole lot of thought. At least not after we tried to hire a pilot and sea captain for Jerry's toys.
Yeah I was just joking haha. Trying not to be so surly.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Look at Kyle Shanahan's run scheming and play selection down and distance. Fucking study.
I'm still pissed the Jones fucko's stuck with Garrett too long and didn't hire this guy when we had the chance. We would have probably been a shoo-in to get him too because Jones-tard is pretty close with Mike Shanahan.

But we stuck with the Clapper.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
At the end of SB 30 I knew and said to the gathered friends, gonna be awhile before we see another Dallas SB. Never fucking dreamed it would be 30 years. We're creeping up on it.

I told my buddy before that game it would be the last super bowl we'd win in our lifetime now that the buffoon has taken over so we begged, borrowed and sold enough stuff to get tickets. We went, had great seats and a great time and of course they've never been back

vcogrGA.jpg

pBopbkF.jpg

QVIF9dZ.jpg

hWf9opS.jpg

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I told my buddy before that game it would be the last super bowl we'd win in our lifetime now that the buffoon has taken over so we begged, borrowed and sold enough stuff to get tickets. We went, had great seats and a great time and of course they've never been back

You were far smarter than me. I remember getting together with my buddies I grew up with that happened to be Pittsburgh fans and we watch from my Dad's small bar. We were all single and in our 20's. Aikman was still young and in his prime, as was Irvin and Emmitt. I still had hope. Now my kids are the age I was back then and the oldest is married and I'm looking forward to grandchildren. Amazing.....

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

vcogrGA.jpg

pBopbkF.jpg

QVIF9dZ.jpg

hWf9opS.jpg
Good grief, I really envy you that you were there for SB 30. Precious memories and photos, thank you for sharing.

Like Dodger, I thought we'd return but it would be a few years max. Not fuckin 30.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You were far smarter than me. I remember getting together with my buddies I grew up with that happened to be Pittsburgh fans and we watch from my Dad's small bar. We were all single and in our 20's. Aikman was still young and in his prime, as was Irvin and Emmitt. I still had hope. Now my kids are the age I was back then and the oldest is married and I'm looking forward to grandchildren. Amazing.....

I was in my 20's as well and had been a rabid cowboy fan growing up because I lived right next to the practice facility, went to school with the players kids (like Melvin Renfro <RIP>, Newhouse, etc) and got to know the players by hanging out watching practice, etc; they were like family and the sustained winning and level of excellence just spoiled me rotten

I don't know how smart I was, I just had an overwhelming reaction to the news that jeri had fired Jimmy after back to back Super Bowls and my first thought was they'll never win again with an owner this petty, arrogant, clueless, petulant and self absorbed. I felt certain a team sport cannot succeed when this is what emanates from the top (unless you can buy enough players to overcome this disadvantage but jeri got the salary cap pushed through which killed the only advantage he is capable of bringing to the table)

This was one of two events that are burned in my mind

The other was when Jimmy was hired.

I was working at Deloitte & Touche (it might have still been Touche Ross back then) and my hand was stolen to twice its size because I had stupidly tried to break up a fight between a Rotweiller and a Labrador and the Rot got me good. The talk all week had been about how Landry needed to go and then the announcement suddenly came that Jimmy was hired and I was ecstatic!

But I was the only one because everyone who had been calling for Landrys head were suddenly pissed off he had gotten fired. I was laughing at their turnabout asking if they had lost their minds and said this is the best thing to happen to the Cowboys in a decade because I have never been more sure about something in my life than believing it would simply be a short matter of time before Jimmy had us back on top again and he did so even faster than I expected with results far beyond my wildest imagination.

I had the same level of confidence they'd never win again when I watched the press conference with jeri (& Jimmy) announcing his departure and I was sick to my stomach about it as my heart sunk to the floor. It probably took 15+ years to fully get over it to the point where I now have no feeling left for the organization. My love for the cowboys is more like the love of someone who has died or your first love who is never coming back, just a faint, fond memory thus why my fandom is dead

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Remember the pre and post game interviews with Aikman that year? (Super Bowl XXX)

Someone asked him about Jimmy Johnson potentially trading for him in Miami (which was already making the rumor mills) and you could tell Aikman was definitely receptive to it.

Then when they asked him how he felt after the huge win (his 3rd) and he basically said "relieved" or something along those lines.

Jones admitted a few years ago that he knows he screwed up by not letting Switzer go after that Super Bowl (of course the bigger fuck up was hiring the clown in the first place) but once he didn't let him go, he sealed the burial on the dynasty. Switzer wrecked the organization, had he hired a real coach right after that last win they may have salvaged another championship run or two. But he didn't, and then he hired a total flub in Chan Gailey, and an even bigger flub with Campo.

It was never Aikman's way, but hindsight being 20/20 I bet he regrets not storming into Jones' office after that last SB win and telling Jones it was either Switzer or him and then publicly demanding a trade if Jones refused.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Some Teams Project Damone Clark to First Round of 2022 NFL Draft
Updated Nov. 19, 2021
By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.

There has been a lot of talk in the media about the 2022 NFL Draft not being a good year for linebacker talent, and overall, that could be true. LSU, however, has produced a lot of good pro linebacker talent in recent years, and LSU senior Damone Clark could be the first linebacker selected in the 2022 NFL Draft. He is having a huge 2021 season and could follow in the recent Tigers tradition of first-round picks like Devin White and Patrick Queen. According to NFL sources, some teams are projecting Clark to be a first-round pick and think he could rise into being a high first-rounder during the leadup to the 2022 NFL Draft.

"He's long, fast, athletic, and that doesn't last long in the draft," said an NFC director of player personnel. "He's similar to Micah Parsons movement wise, but Parsons had a little more freakish juice and was more explosive, but not by a ton. Clark has better instincts than Parsons and the production reflects that. I think Clark will rise into a mid- to high first."

Entering the final two weeks of the regular season, Clark is tied with Northwestern's Chris Bergin for leading the nation in tackles with 118. Clark also has three sacks, one interception and two passes defended. The 6-foot-3, 245-pound Clark has excellent size to play inside or outside linebacker in the NFL.

Top Bottom