dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ugh.

But this is what losers do. Losers find ways to lose no matter what, and it's what this franchise has been what will be 27 yrs now.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
the one with 3 WR's stacked way out wide and noted by the Olson during game
I noticed that too. No way we were throwing to any of those guys. Sure enough, it was a RB draw and the Jags snuffed it out.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
for all you haters :tiptoe

L O L wut?

What did they call a "pressure"? Somebody lining up ins stance at the LOS? Because nobody bothered Trevor Lawrence. We had one sack and were credited with a paltry 4 QB hits.

This team has absolutely no pass rush whatsoever now.

Kirk61

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dak blew it?

You think the defense played a nice game?

34 pts and 500+ yards of total offense allowed is ok?

Prescott really had one bad throw the entire game, maybe two.

I don't want the guy here any more either, but we didnt lose yesterday because of Prescott.

This is 2 games now the defense has completely shit the bed with 14 and 17 pt 2nd half leads against teams with LOSING records. Put blame where blame is deserved.
All Dak had to do was get that last first down and we would have won, yep he blew it!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I noticed that too. No way we were throwing to any of those guys. Sure enough, it was a RB draw and the Jags snuffed it out.
They snuffed out the last half dozen or so they ran from that exact formation.

It was a joke.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
All Dak had to do was get that last first down and we would have won, yep he blew it!
JFC we scored 34 pts....we scored 4 tds and 2 FG's

Defense blew a 17 pt lead in 2nd half.

The DEFENSE yielded 500+ yds, nearly 200 rushing yards, over 7 yds per rush attempt...one damn sack

Defense F A I L E D dude

Don't know how anyone can see it any other way. It's fine to hate on the QB when he plays bad, but he didn't play bad yesterday.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Postgame, the guy who got the last pick was talking all about how their coaches had us scouted, knew our tendencies and how he knew that play was coming on that down/distance. We don't bother scouting ourselves.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
It wont matter how the play calling goes.

Philly is going to win this game by 4 tds. I won't be surprised if this defense gives up 50 pts this week.
Why get cute and try to go win the game with a deep ball to Noah Brown. Sure, Brown had a big day to that point with two touchdown catches, but I don't think I'd want to throw it to Randy Moss at that point in the game.

To me, this is another example of why I never agree with the term "play to win the game" vs. "playing not to lose." I've said it 100 times and I'll say it 100 more. To me, those are the exact same things. You're either playing to win or playing not to lose based on how aggressive you are from time to time. But at that time, it's not about throwing the ball deep to Brown on a 50-50 ball hoping they call pass interference, which they really didn't call much all game long.

Just run the ball again. It doesn't have to be up the middle. It could be something with a stretch play to Tony Pollard where he might get loose and break one. Just keep the clock going and force a timeout. And this is why I can't stand Kellen Moore. Not one post in here about him. He always gets a free pass while Dak gets tossed under the bus.
The Jaguars would've gotten the ball with about 1:00 to play and needing 30-40 yards for the field goal. But everything is different when you have no timeouts. This game was totally on the coaches. When are they going to learn from their mistakes?!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Why get cute and try to go win the game with a deep ball to Noah Brown. Sure, Brown had a big day to that point with two touchdown catches, but I don't think I'd want to throw it to Randy Moss at that point in the game.

To me, this is another example of why I never agree with the term "play to win the game" vs. "playing not to lose." I've said it 100 times and I'll say it 100 more. To me, those are the exact same things. You're either playing to win or playing not to lose based on how aggressive you are from time to time. But at that time, it's not about throwing the ball deep to Brown on a 50-50 ball hoping they call pass interference, which they really didn't call much all game long.

Just run the ball again. It doesn't have to be up the middle. It could be something with a stretch play to Tony Pollard where he might get loose and break one. Just keep the clock going and force a timeout. And this is why I can't stand Kellen Moore. Not one post in here about him. He always gets a free pass while Dak gets tossed under the bus.
The Jaguars would've gotten the ball with about 1:00 to play and needing 30-40 yards for the field goal. But everything is different when you have no timeouts. This game was totally on the coaches. When are they going to learn from their mistakes?!

They ran the ball on the first two plays of that drive and gained a net of zero yards.

Jacksonville had little problem stopping our running game in the 2nd half.

I don't think they should have tried a low% play to Noah Brown there either and if they were going to throw it deep I'd have preferred to see something deep down the middle of the field (40-50 yds). Even if the Jags pick it off, it's just like a punt then, but you also have the possibility of a completion or a PI penalty. The right call was probably a shorter throw where a guy could get an easy comp and catch/run with it though.

I don't care that they didn't run it to force burning the TO, people act like that would have ensured a win or something and it wouldn't have. Jacksonville probably would have moved the ball into the scoring zone without the TO. The only thing having the TO did for certain was allow them to use the middle of the field on one extra play.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They ran the ball on the first two plays of that drive and gained a net of zero yards.
Again there's running the ball and there's running the baaal. The two plays you referenced, one was a no block draw and the other was a simple counter with no lead block. No traps, no double-double, no wham, not really trying. You can literally SEE when we're really trying by the play that is called.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nothing was different in that situation with no timeouts other than they had the OPTION to throw one more ball into the middle of the field.

I don't know what game you remember watching, but Jacksonville had no problem with pass protection or throwing the ball inside and outside. Had they not had the TO, they would have just run some other route combinations. The end result almost assuredly wouldn't have changed. They had the ball with right at a minute left and at thw 29 yd line. All the defense had to do was keep them out of FG range, and they couldnt do it. They flopped miserably and we lost the game because they cant stop anybody.

Top Bottom