daboyz

👀
Reaction score
JFC we scored 34 pts....we scored 4 tds and 2 FG's

Defense blew a 17 pt lead in 2nd half.

The DEFENSE yielded 500+ yds, nearly 200 rushing yards, over 7 yds per rush attempt...one damn sack

Defense F A I L E D dude

Don't know how anyone can see it any other way. It's fine to hate on the QB when he plays bad, but he didn't play bad yesterday.
Through the first half, Prescott has been, well, almost perfect. Dak's got Dallas up 21-7 at the half, and his stat line is golden. He's 15 of 16 for 137 yards and two TDs, and he's added a bullish 12-yard run. Yes he was picked twice. Some of you act as though he literally tossed it to the opposing team without the ball being deflected. A pinky nail from the defense can turn a perfect pass into a pick. Stop hating on the only two quarterback's who took this circus of a franchise to division titles and playoffs since Aikman.
Then you shouldn't make such judgements.
And you shouldn't make such assumptions!

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Again there's running the ball and there's running the baaal. The two plays you referenced, one was a no block draw and the other was a simple counter with no lead block. No traps, no double-double, no wham, not really trying. You can literally SEE when we're really trying by the play that is called.
2nd half (3rd and 4th qtr) running plays:

2, 8, -2, -2, 5, -2, 5, 4 ,1, 6, 3, 2, 5, 0, -3, 3

That's horrendous dude. 35 yds on 16 carries and 5 carries for negative yards.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Judgement? Really? 95% of Cowboys Nation knows it's Moore. Stop being an asshole with your little digs.
The judgement you made that we never talk about Moore here. Your post I quoted. There haven't been any digs.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Through the first half, Prescott has been, well, almost perfect. Dak's got Dallas up 21-7 at the half, and his stat line is golden. He's 15 of 16 for 137 yards and two TDs, and he's added a bullish 12-yard run. Yes he was picked twice. Some of you act as though he literally tossed it to the opposing team without the ball being deflected. A pinky nail from the defense can turn a perfect pass into a pick. Stop hating on the only two quarterback's who took this circus of a franchise to division titles and playoffs since Aikman.
He played a good game other than that one horrible pick he threw on our end of the field. I also thought one or two of the sacks were his fault.

Otherwise he did his job. He put points on the board, we moved the ball consistently and ultimately possessed it more than the other team. We had a nice lead and when the defense blew it and lost the lead, he led us on a TD drive to retake the lead.

We didn't lose yesterday because of Prescott.

There's absolutely no excuse whatsoever to lose a game where your offense scores 34 pts. Prescott didnt throw 4 pick 6's or something.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Stop being an ass. There isn't a member in here that doesn't make judgements, including yourself. And who said I was making judgements? Stop putting words in my mouth!
Its not just Moore. He calls some real head scratchers from time to time but ultimately, the offense did what it was supposed to do yesterday.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Important to look at what they actually were too.
I won't lie to you, I don't like a lot of our run game design. But that's a sample size of 16 running plays (all 16) and that is not good. They obviously made some adjustments at halftime to what we were doing because we ran the ball much better in the first half.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
Nothing was different in that situation with no timeouts other than they had the OPTION to throw one more ball into the middle of the field.

I don't know what game you remember watching, but Jacksonville had no problem with pass protection or throwing the ball inside and outside. Had they not had the TO, they would have just run some other route combinations. The end result almost assuredly wouldn't have changed. They had the ball with right at a minute left and at thw 29 yd line. All the defense had to do was keep them out of FG range, and they couldnt do it. They flopped miserably and we lost the game because they cant stop anybody.
And I don't remember what game you were watching. I have my opinion & you have yours!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I won't lie to you, I don't like a lot of our run game design. But that's a sample size of 16 running plays (all 16) and that is not good. They obviously made some adjustments at halftime to what we were doing because we ran the ball much better in the first half.
And our response to their adjustment was, to try more "finesse" plays instead of loading up and mashing them. Helen Keller Moore doesn't understand the run game.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Our problem as I've always said still is, we don't have an adult in the room. HC is a pass happy guy and so is the OC. Neither understands the run game or really cares that much about it. And it shows.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And our response to their adjustment was, to try more "finesse" plays instead of loading up and mashing them. Helen Keller Moore doesn't understand the run game.
Brian Schottenheimer is actually the one designing most of the run game now. McCarthy hired him in the offseason and it hasn't gotten much attention at all, but he was brought on to specifically address the run game.

And the results have clearly been better this year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Our problem as I've always said still is, we don't have an adult in the room. HC is a pass happy guy and so is the OC. Neither understands the run game or really cares that much about it. And it shows.
The team is not physical enough on either side of the ball.

And they have a "soft" mentality as a franchise. It's who they are.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Brian Schottenheimer is actually the one designing most of the run game now. McCarthy hired him in the offseason and it hasn't gotten much attention at all, but he was brought on to specifically address the run game.

And the results have clearly been better this year.
He's not calling the plays though. And he's a zone scheme guy anyway. Fixed our zone blocking plays. That Helen Keller hardly ever uses.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

Can't argue with this. It's a mentality that has to be cultivated constantly.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

And by the way, the only reason we run the ball at all is Jerruh insists. Otherwise you'd hardly ever see it from these clowns.

Top Bottom