daboyz

📣 Cheerleader 🙆‍♂️
Reaction score
Dallas has just six days to prepare for the biggest game of its regular season. The Eagles can clinch the NFC East with a win. Prevailing wisdom over recent months had pegged Dak as a better bet to beat the Eagles. He still should be, but a Cowboys offense that has enough weapons to avoid desperation plays perhaps should consider more acutely when to play aggressive and when to retreat to more conservative calls. We shall see.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dallas has just six days to prepare for the biggest game of its regular season. The Eagles can clinch the NFC East with a win. Prevailing wisdom over recent months had pegged Dak as a better bet to beat the Eagles. He still should be, but a Cowboys offense that has enough weapons to avoid desperation plays perhaps should consider more acutely when to play aggressive and when to retreat to more conservative calls. We shall see.
The problem is gonna be the defense. They're gonna run all over us for 200 yards and throw for 300. If we win it'll have to be shootout style.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Unbelievable stat note that is impossible to believe.

The last time an opponent was called for offensive holding?

GREEN BAY game, 2nd qtr.

That's 5 full games and 5 1/2 overall.

Meanwhile we've had quite a few OL holding calls (one game we actually had 3), and the even harder to achieve "holding on DL" on a run play has been called on us TWICE.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Eagles literally don't need to prepare for this game.

They're gonna win easily and it's going to be ugly.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And by the way, the only reason we run the ball at all is Jerruh insists. Otherwise you'd hardly ever see it from these clowns.
I don't know that he insists on it. If he does he shouldn't be involved in anything with game planning (even though in this instance, telling them to run more is CORRECT)

At the end of the day it doesn't (and shouldn't) matter if they throw it 60 times or run it 60 times. Just score points.

They scored 34 yesterday and that should equate to a win 100% of the time.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The problem is gonna be the defense. They're gonna run all over us for 200 yards and throw for 300. If we win it'll have to be shootout style.
Yep, maybe some careless turnovers could help our cause.

But I don't see any way they win this game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Last week the moron owner was asked if how they played vs Houston concerned him, and the clown said no.

I haven't seen any comments about yesterdays debacle yet, has the idiot spoken any?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Pollard makes nothing and has almost the same amount of carries. He also has more than double the amount of receptions.
Didn't say they really care who's getting paid. Jerruh says 'run moar' and so, they pay lip service to it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Didn't say they really care who's getting paid. Jerruh says 'run moar' and so, they pay lip service to it.
And they run soft plays, so they can say "see? We tried to run and it didn't work."

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Why get cute and try to go win the game with a deep ball to Noah Brown. Sure, Brown had a big day to that point with two touchdown catches, but I don't think I'd want to throw it to Randy Moss at that point in the game.

To me, this is another example of why I never agree with the term "play to win the game" vs. "playing not to lose." I've said it 100 times and I'll say it 100 more. To me, those are the exact same things. You're either playing to win or playing not to lose based on how aggressive you are from time to time. But at that time, it's not about throwing the ball deep to Brown on a 50-50 ball hoping they call pass interference, which they really didn't call much all game long.

Just run the ball again. It doesn't have to be up the middle. It could be something with a stretch play to Tony Pollard where he might get loose and break one. Just keep the clock going and force a timeout. And this is why I can't stand Kellen Moore. Not one post in here about him. He always gets a free pass while Dak gets tossed under the bus.
The Jaguars would've gotten the ball with about 1:00 to play and needing 30-40 yards for the field goal. But everything is different when you have no timeouts. This game was totally on the coaches. When are they going to learn from their mistakes?!

reminded me of the GB Dez catch, no catch and had me wondering why they went long in that situation needing only a first to win, almost seems like the defense enticed them into that throw

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
reminded me of the GB Dez catch, no catch and had me wondering why they went long in that situation needing only a first to win, almost seems like the defense enticed them into that throw
Had the RB wide open... But then again this goes back to there not being any adults in the room.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Our problem as I've always said still is, we don't have an adult in the room. HC is a pass happy guy and so is the OC. Neither understands the run game or really cares that much about it. And it shows.

We ran the ball 41 times. Sometimes it's hard to run the ball when the opposing team doesn't respect your QB and believe he could beat them. In any event, this idea that we don't run is kind of nutty.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We ran the ball 41 times. Sometimes it's hard to run the ball when the opposing team doesn't respect your QB and believe he could beat them. In any event, this idea that we don't run is kind of nutty.
Yeah keep reading, I've always talked about the actual plays we run, not really how many.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah keep reading, I've always talked about the actual plays we run, not really how many.

You stated that the HC was pass happy. Not sure how you make that statement when we ran the ball 41 times.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You stated that the HC was pass happy. Not sure how you make that statement when we ran the ball 41 times.
You're taking one post out of context. Like I said keep reading. Neither he or Helen want to run the ball and they don't believe in it. But they have to, Jerry insists.

Definitely, our fatass slob is a pass first guy who's never been big on the run game. His calling card is the passing game.

Top Bottom