Kirk61

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Accuracy is everything, without it you will never win a championship. More than half of all passes thrown by Zak are inaccurate or plain sloppy. Receivers fortitude saved his ass. Troy Aikman because of his accuracy took a last place team to win the Super Bowl in JUST three years. Dak after 6 years, with zero leadership or real talent hasn't come close to accomplishing that, Jerry fucked up signing him to a 40 million dollar contract!!!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Accuracy is everything, without it you will never win a championship. More than half of all passes thrown by Zak are inaccurate or plain sloppy. Receivers fortitude saved his ass. Troy Aikman because of his accuracy took a last place team to win the Super Bowl in JUST three years. Dak after 6 years, with zero leadership or real talent hasn't come close to accomplishing that, Jerry fucked up signing him to a 40 million dollar contract!!!
There's been inaccurate QB's win championships, just fyi.

You want to blame Prescott but then in the same paragraph acknowledge the lack of leadership and talent around him. No QB, regardless of how good he is wins a championship with nothing around him. It's never been done and never will.

Aikman was a true franchise QB. He had elite arm talent, work ethic and passion for the game. But he ALSO had Jimmy Johnson and an elite staff of coaches, who assembled a great team around him. Prescott has neither of those things.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Dak on another team would be just as disappointing. But we'll never know, 'cause Jerry has made Dak his centerpiece of his Brand Empire...

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dak on another team would be just as disappointing. But we'll never know, 'cause Jerry has made Dak his centerpiece of his Brand Empire...
It might depend on what team and what coach. Maybe a stronger HC/playcaller would make him adhere to more of what they want, or perhaps coach him up differently.

On the other hand, one of the reasons I was a little excited about McCarthy was his reputation for developing QB's, and for the first time in his career it doesn't look like that's happening. Maybe Dak just cant be "developed" any further.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
I have not watched any more games since the opener however I have noticed they are on a winning streak with the backup QB. If that keeps up will they follow the same formula thy did when Dak replaced Romo? Will Dak sit the bench if they are still winning when he comes back?

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
I have not watched any more games since the opener however I have noticed they are on a winning streak with the backup QB. If that keeps up will they follow the same formula thy did when Dak replaced Romo? Will Dak sit the bench if they are still winning when he comes back?
Not just Dak replacing Romo. Romo replaced Bledsoe the same way. Dak may not have a job by the time he is healthy.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys with Rush have a better record than teams with Brady or Wilson this year.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I am not looking forward to the whole Cooper Rush should be our starter bullshit that’s going to take place when Dak comes back vs the Eagles and loses.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I am not looking forward to the whole Cooper Rush should be our starter bullshit that’s going to take place when Dak comes back vs the Eagles and loses.
I don't think Prescot is starting vs Philly. I bet they wait until Detroit or Chicago.

But yeah I agree with you, if Prescott comes back and shits the bed (especially if we lose because of said shitty play) then all hell is going to break loose out there.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I suspect that if Rush beats the Rams today that we won’t see Dak next week.

But if we lose there will be tons of pressure for him to come back.

But I’m with you, I doubt he’s actually ready to come back yet. He still can’t grip ball. Let alone actually throw it yet.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I suspect that if Rush beats the Rams today that we won’t see Dak next week.

But if we lose there will be tons of pressure for him to come back.

But I’m with you, I doubt he’s actually ready to come back yet. He still can’t grip ball. Let alone actually throw it yet.

If Rush beats the Rams today, things are going to get mighty interesting. But I still think the team to beat is Philly. They're deep and they've got draft picks. The only question is the QB; Hurts has played well and is a threat so it'll be interesting to see how our D handles him.

In any event, if the Cowboys can beat both the Rams and Philly, the pressure on Dak is going to be immense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Its easy to rip him today, he was not good to start the game and was not good in the 4th qtr.

That said, he did get us 28 pts which should have been plenty vs a bad football team that can't score points themselves. They lost more because the defense completely shit the bed yesterday than anything else.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Doesn't have ideal height, doesn't have an elite arm, doesn't run anymore, and has happy feet when there's the slightest bit of pressure. Other than that he's wonderful.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Doesn't have ideal height, doesn't have an elite arm, doesn't run anymore, and has happy feet when there's the slightest bit of pressure. Other than that he's wonderful.
Trying to channel my favorite opponent coach of the 70s, the venerable John McKay. LOL

Top Bottom