Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It never comes down to the calls per se but for me its how it alters momentum and down and distance...both of those "tripping" calls came in huge spots especially the second one...if there's a penalty fine but for bogus calls to happen that so drastically affect outcomes is irresponsible and the refs need to be held more accountable or fuck have NY chime in when calls are so egregiously bad...
"We have to be good enough to overcome bad calls, no calls or whatever. The officials do not decide the outcome of games, WE do." -- Jimmy Johnson. With winner talk.

LOSERS whine about bad calls. They're just excuses, for losers.

We had ample opportunity to overcome both penalties. We were not good enough to do to tonight. Period.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
2b8b88e8c9e1aed2b3325999983d3702.jpg

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But... I'll tell you where the tripping calls came from. Belechick, in scouting us, noticed the tendency to lift our feet and send knees into guts. He called the league office and probably sent some footage over. The league office then sent the complaint and the footage over to the officials' office. So they were looking for it.

It's just hall of fame coaching looking for even the smallest possible advantage in the game. Keep your feet below your own knees linemen, it's fucking Jr. High stuff.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Please. Of COURSE anyone he hires won't have much stroke in personnel decisions. But as far as setting the tone for the team on the field and the preparation of the players? That's all been on Ginger and we see the result.

The front office woke up at some point and finally hired a football man to handle personnel. And look at the fucking roster now. A REAL coach would put each player in the best position to be successful, with PREPARATION.

You're not thinking.

I could say the same thing about you but that's a pointless back and forth that will never end because we don't agree with each other and who really fucking cares? Its not like either of our options will effect anything

Having said that, I'll still say until I see a massive change in jeri or him 6 feet under I will continue to believe no coach, no matter how "real' can overcome the albatross that jeri is to winning. Their efforts to properly prepare the team will be undermined by an owner who will not give the coach the authority to do what it takes to do so. He'll over rule the "real" coaches decisions, he'll appease sponsors at the expense of optimal preparation locations, he'll force players upon the coach he doesnt want, he'll let players do an end run around said "real coach" and go directly to jeri, etc, etc, etc which effectively undermines any coaches ability to properly prepare the team consistently not to mention the other catastrophic effects to winning this causes. The new guy can try and a better coach will likely do a better job in various ways than we've seen from Garrett but the end results will be the same because all those little things matter.

I'm totally on board with seeing a new guy give it a go and see how that works out, I'm bored to death with Red

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
"We have to be good enough to overcome bad calls, no calls or whatever. The officials do not decide the outcome of games, WE do." -- Jimmy Johnson. With winner talk.

We had ample opportunity to overcome both penalties. We were not good enough to do to tonight. Period.
The answer can't always be "overcome the penalties" and "we had ample opportunities to..."...I'm not saying they were the cause of us losing (coaching, STs etc...) but I'm so over how these bogus penalties just change to the dynamics of the game and imagine if those calls had not been made...that would have given us a better opportunity to capitalize on those drives
As part of the game they can also be attributed as to reasons why the outcome occurred...

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It never comes down to the calls per se but for me its how it alters momentum and down and distance...both of those "tripping" calls came in huge spots especially the second one...if there's a penalty fine but for bogus calls to happen that so drastically affect outcomes is irresponsible and the refs need to be held more accountable or fuck have NY chime in when calls are so egregiously bad...

I'm not happy about the calls either but like Jimmy said decades ago, prepare your team and play in such a way the referees don't have an opportunity to alter the outcome

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

bingo, we're writing basically the same thing simultaneously

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm not happy about the calls either but like Jimmy said decades ago, prepare your team and play in such a way the referees don't have an opportunity to alter the outcome
I can live with that...

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
But... I'll tell you where the tripping calls came from. Belechick, in scouting us, noticed the tendency to lift our feet and send knees into guts. He called the league office and probably sent some footage over. The league office then sent the complaint and the footage over to the officials' office. So they were looking for it.

It's just hall of fame coaching looking for even the smallest possible advantage in the game. Keep your feet below your own knees linemen, it's fucking Jr. High stuff.

no doubt, if he ever leaves a stone unturned at this point in his career, I'd be shocked

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I could say the same thing about you but that's a pointless back and forth that will never end because we don't agree with each other and who really fucking cares? Its not either of our options will effect anything

Having said that, I'll still say until I see a massive change in jeri or him 6 feet under I will continue to believe no coach, no matter how "real' can overcome the albatross that jeri is to winning. Their efforts to properly prepare the team will be undermined by an owner who will not give the coach the authority to do what it takes to do so. He'll over rule the "real" coaches decisions, he'll appease sponsors at the expense of optimal preparation locations, he'll force players upon the coach he doesnt want, he'll let players do an end run around said "real coach" and go directly to jeri, etc, etc, etc which effectively undermines any coaches ability to properly prepare the team consistently not to mention the other catastrophic effects to winning this causes. The new guy can try and a better coach will likely do a better job in various ways than we've seen from Garrett but the end results will be the same because all those little things matter.

I'm totally on board with seeing a new guy give it a go and see how that works out, I'm bored to death with Red
Hey, i agree with you on all points.

But... I'm talking about specifics of the game today. It's blatantly obvious we were not ready for this opponent or these conditions, and we can't blame Jerry in any way for that. To do so gives Ginger a pass?

Whole reason we HAVE Ginger is everything you have said - but his total incompetence magnifies everything you have said.

They woke up and Stephen let go his duties as director of player personnel and they brought in Will McClay. I am saying that maybe now they're waking up and finally going to bring in a real coach, and perhaps even listen to him here and there.

They didn't have to listen to Ginger because he has nothing but word salad to say.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hey, i agree with you on all points.

But... I'm talking about specifics of the game today. It's blatantly obvious we were not ready for this opponent or these conditions, and we can't blame Jerry in any way for that. To do so gives Ginger a pass?

Whole reason we HAVE Ginger is everything you have said - but his total incompetence magnifies everything you have said.

They woke up and Stephen let go his duties as director of player personnel and they brought in Will McClay. I am saying that maybe now they're waking up and finally going to bring in a real coach, and perhaps even listen to him here and there.

They didn't have to listen to Ginger because he has nothing but word salad to say.

My points are not meant to defend Garrett or give him a pass, they're not even directed at Garrett, they're directed at the idiot who hired and kept Garrett as HC for the last 9+ years despite his obvious weaknesses I think we all agree on.

Having to watch that asshole since running off Jimmy has beaten all the hope and optimism out of me so I am not to the point where I believe jeri will do the necessary changes to equip & allow the head coach to be his best but gawd I hope you're right and they not only bring in a "real coach" but give him the power, authority and freedom to do all the things a real coach needs to do in order to create and foster an environment that will create a Super Bowl winning team for years to come.

The brand deserves it, the fans deserve it, the players deserve it and this shouldn't even be in question but we all know why it is and has been for the last 25 years

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Carrot will be gone after last game whenever that is. This team isn't going on the road and winning anywhere if they make the playoffs. Jerry won't fire him, it be a non renewal, which allows everyone involved to save face. I know non renewal is a defacto firing but I am thinking it is presented like the Jimmy situation where it is a mutual moving on.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Was the weather less than ideal? Yes.

Did the majority of the team have bad days? Yes. Dak was down from previous weeks, Zeke was hot and cold, the o-line had issues, as did the defense. Special teams were horrid, and Amari Cooper was 5 minutes away from ending up on the side of a milk carton.

None of that means a damn.

The Patriots played in the same conditions. Brady didn't have any better of a day than Dak did. Other than one good run, their running game was crap.

The ONLY difference that matters is coaching. Good, quality coaching in even one or two could very well have made up the four points we lost by. Hell, half assed coaching could have probably done that. But the crap that Jerry continues to employ is only going to drag this team down as they have for years now. At this point I won't guarantee a playoff spot or even that we finish .500. I can tell you, though, that when I give my actual pick for Thursday I'm picking the Bills to win, 'cause no chance in hell does this worthless coaching staff do anything to have this team prepared by then.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Huge difference between the two teams and on the national radio broadcast Danny White kept talking about the number of missed tackles the Cowboys have had this year, somewhere in the mid 70s and how poor that is. NE doesn't have that problem miraculously. I know coaching and fundementals..

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It IS the coaching dude, it's 100% the coaching.

This isn't the first year we have seen this. Garrett has been here since 2007 and the story is the same EVERY FUCKING YEAR.

You saying what you just said is music to that drunken fucktard owner's ears.
No doubt it’s coaching which is part of the problem. But you think this QB is worth 40 million? Let’s all get a grip here man.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Was the weather less than ideal? Yes.

Did the majority of the team have bad days? Yes. Dak was down from previous weeks, Zeke was hot and cold, the o-line had issues, as did the defense. Special teams were horrid, and Amari Cooper was 5 minutes away from ending up on the side of a milk carton.

None of that means a damn.

The Patriots played in the same conditions. Brady didn't have any better of a day than Dak did. Other than one good run, their running game was crap.

The ONLY difference that matters is coaching. Good, quality coaching in even one or two could very well have made up the four points we lost by. Hell, half assed coaching could have probably done that. But the crap that Jerry continues to employ is only going to drag this team down as they have for years now. At this point I won't guarantee a playoff spot or even that we finish .500. I can tell you, though, that when I give my actual pick for Thursday I'm picking the Bills to win, 'cause no chance in hell does this worthless coaching staff do anything to have this team prepared by then.
I partly agree but Brady made some throws today. When the game was on the line and the ball was deep in their territory, they put the ball in Brady’s hands. Not a soul in the backfield.

We can blame all the other factors and you’d be right. But this QB is not worth 40 million. Give me a break.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
dude quit blaming Garrett for every single loss. Dak was pathetic today. Aaron Rodgers has a young, inexperienced head coach, much less offensive talent and he is (for the most part) lights out every week.

Like I said in your response to your other ignorant babble, Rodgers doesn't (and never has) been handicapped with a moron like Garrett as HC. Not to mention the rest of the horrendous staff we have.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
it could be argued the same way about Dak. He was as bad as you could possibly be today.

why did those losers give this post a thumbs down? What did Dak do today? The Eagles lost and we had a chance to move 2 up on them. And the Pats didn’t play well. But we played far worse. Please.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No doubt it’s coaching which is part of the problem. But you think this QB is worth 40 million? Let’s all get a grip here man.

I don't think ANY QB is worth 40 million, but its a different age now. Every team is massively overpaying QB's. If you think you THE guy, you have to keep him and lock him up long term. Prescott for the most part has balled out this year, without him this is an 0-11 team.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
why did those losers give this post a thumbs down? What did Dak do today? The Eagles lost and we had a chance to move 2 up on them. And the Pats didn’t play well. But we played far worse. Please.

I gave him a thumbs down because it was a retarded post. Prescott was not horrible today as that clod insisted. How many passes were dropped? How many blocks missed? How bad were the special teams? How many tackles were missed? How many turnovers did we force?

It's the same story every week, and it all is a direct reflection on the head coach and this staff. It's putrid.

Top Bottom