yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
When did he wake up and figure this out? Must have been talking on the phone with Urban Meyer lately.

what do you think about him as coach?

Seems like he could organize a quality staff (assuming jones dont fuck that up) and POSSIBLY jeri would give him some rope

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
dont get your hopes up, Red still has time to pull the ol rub & tug and have jeri forgetting about everything before sunrise

I don't see how this time. We might win the division by default at 8-8 or 9-7, but they are getting smoked in the wildcard game and the loser will finally be gone.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
dont get your hopes up, Red still has time to pull the ol rub & tug and have jeri forgetting about everything before sunrise

I don't see how this time. We might win the division by default at 8-8 or 9-7, but they are getting smoked in the wildcard game and the loser will finally be gone.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
what do you think about him as coach?

Seems like he could organize a quality staff
Much like Jimmy, he can access talent and know what to DO with said talent. He is miles and miles better than Garrett, in his sleep.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Much like Jimmy, he can access talent and know what to DO with said talent. He is miles and miles better than Garrett, in his sleep.

I'd be a little optimistic if he was hired and played hardball with the contract and terms so jeri didn't have him completely neutered

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

looking like the best possibility of this happening ever plus I think most of the coaches contracts expire this year making it a good time to change, so you may finally get your wish

Still don't see how any coach can be successful under Jeris contorted organization so I hope whomever is hired fights to keep his balls in tact before accepting the position otherwise the results will be no different

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Still don't see how any coach can be successful under Jeris contorted organization so I hope whomever is hired fights to keep his balls in tact before accepting the position otherwise the results will be no different
A REAL coach will overcome this shit. A REAL coach will have the players PREPARED for shit like a punt with nobody back to receive it.

Think about it.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
3 flags on the fat fuck 77
That tripping call was bogus so lets give him 2...these horrible calls continue to alter games and momentum...when are these fucken refs going to be held accountable for their horrendous calls?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
A REAL coach will overcome this shit. A REAL coach will have the players PREPARED for shit like a punt with nobody back to receive it.

Think about it.

true but all coaches get castrated by jeri, thats proven impossible to overcome so we dont have the option for a "real coach" in Dallas but I'm up for rearranging the deck chairs again and see what the new guy does

Gronk knows what I'm talking about:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

Think about it.
Belechick threw something at our players they have never seen not even in practice - nobody back deep to receive the punt. That's Jr. High football for fuck's sake. Think about that. 11 man rush, and we didn't know what to do. No, I mean really, Think about it.

It means we NEVER practice that, never send 11 guys on a punt not even in practice. Wouldn't ever even conceive of being even that little bit aggressive.

THINK.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
true but all coaches get castrated by jeri, thats proven impossible to overcome so we dont have the option for a "real coach" in Dallas but I'm up for rearranging the deck chairs again and see what the new guy does

Gronk knows what I'm talking about:
The real, actual coach would have them prepared regardless. See my post above.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
That is two absolutely bullshit tripping calls
Yup and both of these stimied momentum and altered the dynamics of the drive
I was laughing listening to Mike Pereira try to justify the Fredericks trip and Aikman laughing at him asking Pereira if the guy is allowed to block and if so is he not allowed to lift his leg while blocking...when are these refs going to be held accountable for interjecting themselves so much into the game

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Belechick threw something at our players they have never seen not even in practice - nobody back deep to receive the punt. That's Jr. High football for fuck's sake. Think about that. 11 man rush, and we didn't know what to do. No, I mean really, Think about it.

It means we NEVER practice that, never send 11 guys on a punt not even in practice. Wouldn't ever even conceive of being even that little bit aggressive.

THINK.

I dont have to, what you said is obvious.

I'm not arguing against getting a real coach, I'm saying jeri won't hire one or give one the freedom and power to be a real coach assuming he has that capability

THINK ABOUT IT!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The real, actual coach would have them prepared regardless. See my post above.

nope, jeri would undermine that coach like he has every other and do exactly the type of thing Gronk pointed out in the tweet I posted the minute a real coach tried to instill discipline, uncomfortable practice situations, etc, etc

and you can write another series of posts the length of War and Peace and I'll never change my position on this

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm saying jeri won't hire one or give one the freedom and power to be a real coach assuming he has that capability
Please. Of COURSE anyone he hires won't have much stroke in personnel decisions. But as far as setting the tone for the team on the field and the preparation of the players? That's all been on Ginger and we see the result.

The front office woke up at some point and finally hired a football man to handle personnel. And look at the fucking roster now. A REAL coach would put each player in the best position to be successful, with PREPARATION.

You're not thinking.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
horse shit!

It was a bad call but the game didn't come down to this call
It never comes down to the calls per se but for me its how it alters momentum and down and distance...both of those "tripping" calls came in huge spots especially the second one...if there's a penalty fine but for bogus calls to happen that so drastically affect outcomes is irresponsible and the refs need to be held more accountable or fuck have NY chime in when calls are so egregiously bad...

Top Bottom