Reaction score
Yea it wouldn't be a big deal if we didn't already have dead money and a shitty roster. But we have all thoose. Which actually seems harder to do

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
just saw adam said we will most likely just take the hit next year and restructure deals so it doesnt affect us at all tomorrow.

which I hope is accurate.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
just saw adam said we will most likely just take the hit next year and restructure deals so it doesnt affect us at all tomorrow.

which I hope is accurate.

Pretty sure this is what they'd do. They have all this dead money this yr and very little next yr.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Pretty sure this is what they'd do. They have all this dead money this yr and very little next yr.

yea that is the obvious thing though, that is why adam is such a resource because the cap is never what it appears on the surface...

the dead money comes off after this year but off the top of my head I dont know who's contracts jump next year to levels that could offset and maybe equal as much as the dead money this year, or a scenario like that where something else takes up that space from this year.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Fuck the $10 MIL. We gotta look at the bigger picture here... why the hell are we one of two teams in the entire league that have this problem? I mean we're in company with the Redskins! I've stuck up for the Jones family before but this shit is getting out of hand.

I realize if I was the owner I'd want to run the whole show too but IF I sucked this bad at it... I would force myself to give up some control.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
One question I havent seen answered is if the league had a major issue with the way Miles Austin's deal was structured, and if it was such a glaring violation of some policy they had been preaching on- why did they approve the contract?

All player contracts MUST obtain league approval before they are final.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Its a big so-what situation. Some of you just like the idea of being able to pile on the team any chance you get.

It sux, we are losing SOME cap space, but it ultimately probably wont have any impact on our ability to sign or keep whomever we want.

I'm pissed off about it, because other teams did it as well, and they are not getting penalized.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
from albert breer

NFL Management Council statement: "The Management Council Executive Committee determined that the contract practices of a small ...number of clubs during 2010 league year created an unacceptable risk to future competitive balance, particularly in light of the relatively modest salary cap growth projected for the new agreement’s early years. To remedy these effects and preserve competitive balance thru-out the league, the parties to the CBA agreed to adjustments to team salary for the '12 & '13 seasons"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
from albert breer

NFL Management Council statement: "The Management Council Executive Committee determined that the contract practices of a small ...number of clubs during 2010 league year created an unacceptable risk to future competitive balance, particularly in light of the relatively modest salary cap growth projected for the new agreement’s early years. To remedy these effects and preserve competitive balance thru-out the league, the parties to the CBA agreed to adjustments to team salary for the '12 & '13 seasons"

Still doesnt explain my question above.

Reaction score
"We should, however, say this: It's quintessentially Goodellian—and ridiculous—to gin up a salary cap in years where collective bargaining says there isn't a salary cap. Roger retroactively slammed his pudgy fist to crush labor's interests. It's collusion, and it wouldn't be tolerated in other leagues. But this is the NFL, where rules are routinely fudged on the fly to deal with imagined moral hazards or uppity help. We're used to this practice by now, and we imagine it will continue unfettered"

BangersandMash

Practice Squad
Reaction score
goodell works for the owners and does whatever they tell him to....why do people always forget this.

this is about the cowboys and redskins agreeing to follow a rule the competition committee agreed to and then turned around and didnt to help themselves.

We deserve it.

Its too bad they cant suspend jerry or something the way mlb did to steinbrenner. The yankees never got out of their funk until steinbrenner went bye bye and stick michaels and roy white took over...

There was no written rule as far as I know. I find it hard to believe that either organization knew the consequences would be so dire and said fuck it we'll do it anyway.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
There was no written rule as far as I know. I find it hard to believe that either organization knew the consequences would be so dire and said fuck it we'll do it anyway.

Yeah I dont think it was written...I think it was something agreed to

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
My favorite part is now the teams that we are competing with for a playoff spot just gained an additional $1.6M in cap room to spend on players. Awesome. Why not have a rule that states we automatically start every game down 6 to 0?

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My favorite part is now the teams that we are competing with for a playoff spot just gained an additional $1.6M in cap room to spend on players. Awesome. Why not have a rule that states we automatically start every game down 6 to 0?

we already do......
TheBlitz-2011-05-29-0.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Have you seen some of the officiating against us the past few years?

Reaction score
Fuck Goodell. There's no fucking cap rules in an uncapped season. The cowboys did not violate anything. Goodell is just making up rules as he goes.

Whatever rebel in our front office figured it would be ok to piss on the apparent gentlemans agreement between owners should be punched in the face though. If you are going to make up fake rules, chances are solid that Jerrah will always be breaking them.

http://m.deadspin.com/5837614/roger...laws-that-roger-goodell-came-up-with-just-now

Top Bottom