Reaction score
What a clusterfuck. Told ya they need to go to an NBA style simplified system.

Notice how our 1 saving grace Is less dead money in the future? You know, from re-signing too many jags *stares at Spencer*

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AdamJT13
The ONLY contract that we frontloaded in 2010 was Miles Austin's, and his contract still complied with the 50% down rule (his 2010 "cap" number was $17,078,000, and his 2011 cap number was $8,540,000). A few other cap numbers were barely higher in 2010 than in 2011.

Meanwhile, several other teams frontloaded contracts and will not be penalized at all.

The Packers, for instance, renegotiated Tramon Williams' contract late in the uncapped season to make his base salary more than $37 million. He got 1/17th of that each week for the last five weeks of the season, giving him a "cap" number of $15,043,000 that season. In 2011, when the cap returned, his cap number was $5.6 million -- barely more than one-third of the 2010 figure. The Packers also gave Nick Collins a roster bonus of $8.3 million in the uncapped year to give him a "cap" number of $10.95 million. The next year, when the cap returned, his cap number was only $5.18 million -- less than half. The same with Ryan Picket, but with a smaller bonus ($6,437,500) and smaller cap numbers ($8.44 million in 2010, only $4.21 million in 2011). The same with BJ Raji -- $5,222,500 roster bonus, $7.89 million in 2010, only $3.06 million in 2011. Apparently, it was perfectly OK for them to dump money into the uncapped year.

rage

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Hoofbite should edit his thread to show us with either 0 milion or -5 million.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
the best part of this is the extra 1.6 million it gives the giants and eagles.

watch the giants squeeze a tight end like jon carlson in now with the extra 1.6.

then in the fall he will be running wide open while abe elam and keith brooking stumble around trying to tackle him.

I really really hate our front office. If the league agreed do not do this, what the hell are they doing it for?

from december on I have basically lost all hope for stephen, garrett and tom ciskowski.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Some of the reports I am hearing in DC are that this was a recent development, that was negotiated between the NFL and the players association.

Apparently the cap was going to be between 115-117M, which would have looked bad for the union, having the cap going down in the second year.

So it was a negotiation between the 2 sides, NFL saying we will give you 120M cap if you get on board with taking the cap space away from the Boys and skins.

Seems like both sides came up with it to cover their arses.

Well that's interesting. We fall on our sword, push it forward, everything works out.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Don't worry. When the cap goes up $20M next year, we'll hardly feel the pinch.

BangersandMash

Practice Squad
Reaction score
the best part of this is the extra 1.6 million it gives the giants and eagles.

watch the giants squeeze a tight end like jon carlson in now with the extra 1.6.

then in the fall he will be running wide open while abe elam and keith brooking stumble around trying to tackle him.

I really really hate our front office. If the league agreed do not do this, what the hell are they doing it for?

from december on I have basically lost all hope for stephen, garrett and tom ciskowski.

I have a feeling Mara is the owner that complained, but then again the Mara family might as well be cashing the commishioner's paycheck for a while now. Maybe the Giants get to play the Redskins and Cowboys at home twice.

The rules get made up as you go. Welcome to Roger Goodell's NFL.

Reaction score
I remember a long time ago on twitter an exchange like this:

Fan: can a team sign a bunch of guys and pay them a bunch of money in this uncapped season?
Adam schefter: actually, yes

Where were you on that one dipshit?

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I have to say, if at the league meetings the owners agreed and repeatedly said do not do this and then the two richest owners who have the most power abused the rule anyway they deserve the penalty.

I actually think it is really sorry if this is the scenario, I mean you turn around and do exactly what you just discussed and agreed was not in the best interest of the league? That is bullshit.

This front office is embarrassing. Now they can ad dishonest to there list accomplishments.

everyone knows snyder is a horrible person and a terrible person to work for.....him doing this is not newsworthy really.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have to say, if at the league meetings the owners agreed and repeatedly said do not do this and then the two richest owners who have the most power abused the rule anyway they deserve the penalty.

I actually think it is really sorry if this is the scenario, I mean you turn around and do exactly what you just discussed and agreed was not in the best interest of the league? That is bullshit.

This front office is embarrassing. Now they can ad dishonest to there list accomplishments.

everyone knows snyder is a horrible person and a terrible person to work for.....him doing this is not newsworthy really.

They weren't they only ones to do it.

Yet they are the only ones penalized.

Which leads me to believe the thing above is true. This goes back to the CBA, and to get it done Danny and Jerry said we'll take the hit as a "penalty" to bump the salary cap up so the players save face. As outlined earlier GB did this, Chicago did it as well with Peppers I think.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good grief, I've never been around such a sad sack bunch of babies in all my life

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I have a feeling Mara is the owner that complained, but then again the Mara family might as well be cashing the commishioner's paycheck for a while now. Maybe the Giants get to play the Redskins and Cowboys at home twice.

The rules get made up as you go. Welcome to Roger Goodell's NFL.

goodell works for the owners and does whatever they tell him to....why do people always forget this.

this is about the cowboys and redskins agreeing to follow a rule the competition committee agreed to and then turned around and didnt to help themselves.

We deserve it.

Its too bad they cant suspend jerry or something the way mlb did to steinbrenner. The yankees never got out of their funk until steinbrenner went bye bye and stick michaels and roy white took over...

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They weren't they only ones to do it.

Yet they are the only ones penalized.

Which leads me to believe the thing above is true. This goes back to the CBA, and to get it done Danny and Jerry said we'll take the hit as a "penalty" to bump the salary cap up so the players save face. As outlined earlier GB did this, Chicago did it as well with Peppers I think.

Yea looks like everyone is getting a 1.6 m add except Dallas, washington, new orleans and oakland....

at least in this scenario they were not just turning around and being assholes.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Good grief, I've never been around such a sad sack bunch of babies in all my life

what does this mean?

So its good that our team which is desperate for new talent just took at least a 5 million dollar hit this year?

that could equal a center, defensive lineman, safety or a number lower tier guys...

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
goodell works for the owners and does whatever they tell him to....why do people always forget this.

this is about the cowboys and redskins agreeing to follow a rule the competition committee agreed to and then turned around and didnt to help themselves.

We deserve it.

Its too bad they cant suspend jerry or something the way mlb did to steinbrenner. The yankees never got out of their funk until steinbrenner went bye bye and stick michaels and roy white took over...

You must mean Bob Watson.

Top Bottom