Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
NFL is taking away millions of dolllar of salary-cap space from Cowboys and Redskins for how they front-loaded deals during uncapped year.

WTF?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
So that was the master plan?? Hope the NFL doesn't notice it?

lol great. Welcome to another 8-8 season.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If true, it's awesome they tell us this the day before Free Agency starts.

Reaction score
@AdamSchefter
Cowboys lose $10 million in cap space, Redskins lose $36 million in space. Can split it over 2012 and 2013 any way they want. More at ESPN.

Reaction score
This sounds like something that should be appealed.

We worked the system. League had to have approved contracts, right?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Looking at it, we will prolly push it all into 2013 given that we already have 24 mil in dead money this season.

lolRedskins.

Rest of the league jelly that they didn't do this/slash/couldn't do this/slash/wouldn't do this because they didn't want to spend the kwan?

Reaction score
Reportedly the Redskins were about $30 million under the cap this year and Dallas $5million under. Washington can easily put the bulk of their's under this year and still have some money to spend, but not elaborate like they would've. If Dallas were to split their's 50/50 between 2012 and 2013 then we'd be right up against it. So I'd say we'll put the majority under '13 but that isn't going to leave us much this year unless we free up some more.

I'd say forget Nick, Finegan/Carr, etc.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What a fucking joke this team is.

I disagree. I think what we did was shrewd within the confines of the league rules. We used the uncapped year to sign one of our guys to a long term deal. Can we be blamed that the league retrospectively got butthurt about it and declared that it was unfair for us to spend our extra capital on a loophole?

Reaction score
Calvin Watkins ‏ @calvinwatkins
Cowboys lose $5 mil in cap space in 2012 and $5 mil I'm 2013. Expect more players to be released than expected.

Not sure if the Cowboys decided to split the hit, or Watkins is speculating here.

Top Bottom