Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Albert Breer ‏ @AlbertBreer
I'm told the competition committee would not give final approval on new salary cap figure until after Skins and Cowboys were dealt with.

Reaction score
DCUforums ‏ @DCUforums
I hope Roger Goodel goes home and finds his family in a pool of blood. Worst Commissioner ever.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
This sounds like something that should be appealed.

We worked the system. League had to have approved contracts, right?

Yeah, that's what I can't figure out. Can’t say it makes sense that the NFL is penalizing these moves two years after the fact, especially when they were legal at the time, but here we are.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I can't figure out. Can’t say it makes sense that the NFL is penalizing these moves two years after the fact, especially when they were legal at the time, but here we are.

Especially when teams like the Eagles do this all the time. And teams used that year to dump salaries knowing they wouldn't have to worry about cap space. We actually held onto people, and signed more, and we are penalized?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Especially when teams like the Eagles do this all the time. And teams used that year to dump salaries knowing they wouldn't have to worry about cap space. We actually held onto people, and signed more, and we are penalized?

The only silver lining is less toys for RG3 to play with.

Reaction score
And for our trouble we ended up going 6-10 and then 8-8. If you're gonna exploit loopholes then make it worth it.

Hey, let's see what we can get away with and still suck.

Cythim

Reaction score
The league including Jerry and Dan knew of this long before now. I'm told it's not as cut and dry as it sounds and in the end will not be as dry as just losing 10 or 36mil as it seems. I don't have details, I have just been told it's not as earth shattering as it seems (from a Cowboys standpoint).

On the other hand, consider this, Jerry knew about this far in advance and despite that he continued to speak on being aggressive in Free Agency. To me it seems they have had some time to prepare for this.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The league including Jerry and Dan knew of this long before now. I'm told it's not as cut and dry as it sounds and in the end will not be as dry as just losing 10 or 36mil as it seems. I don't have details, I have just been told it's not as earth shattering as it seems (from a Cowboys standpoint).

On the other hand, consider this, Jerry knew about this far in advance and despite that he continued to speak on being aggressive in Free Agency. To me it seems they have had some time to prepare for this.

What a fucking ******.

People with ACTUAL sources are saying that the competition committee wouldn't set the cap until the league dealt with this issue. Which happened today. So to say say jerry or dan knew about this long before now is retarded. Yeah they knew this was an issue, but that's all.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
From DCC: Broaddus says the Cowboys intend to take the entire hit next year, not spread it out. We'll see.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
From DCC: Broaddus says the Cowboys intend to take the entire hit next year, not spread it out. We'll see.

Of course they do.

And all that dead money we were oiling and rubbing ourselves over is going to be toast when it's all said and done.

Shit, what'd they say? 25M in dead space? Between the ass fuck penalty and Newmans leftovers that's 16M of that glorious 25M

Newman's hit lands next year. 10M in butt fuck penalty. Austin's number goes up. Jenkins is a free agent.

They're going to load up and hope this year works out. To be honest, I'd rather they just played shit smart and started working on building the team rather than constantly fighting to get over the hump.

Build the fucking team already. Romo, Ware and Witten have another 3-4 seasons and if you do it right you can give them a hell of a shot at making a run for those last two years.

Take your lashings now, go with a boring draft and take OL in the first, CB or OLB in the 2nd, OL/DL in the 3rd and role playing quality picks for the rest of the draft.

Fucking get rid of Spencer and just take the butt fucking now. This time next year, everyone will thank you for having improved the OL and secondary and for having tons more cap space to work with next offseason.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
What a fucking ******.

People with ACTUAL sources are saying that the competition committee wouldn't set the cap until the league dealt with this issue. Which happened today. So to say say jerry or dan knew about this long before now is retarded. Yeah they knew this was an issue, but that's all.

I'm pretty sure they received notice beforehand that they would be losing cap space. That would make the most sense seeing as how slow the league moves when handing down penalties. It's a pretty thorough process.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they received notice beforehand that they would be losing cap space. That would make the most sense seeing as how slow the league moves when handing down penalties. It's a pretty thorough process.

The report is that the numbers weren't settled on til today. Whatever Jerry might have known (I'm sure he knew something was on the way) he couldn't have known or planned for that.

Just a joke that that limpdick ****** is letting everyone jack him off for his common sense insight like he heard from Jerry himself on this one.

"Don't worry guys Jerry made me aware that he was aware of this."

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm hearing pretty much everything, but one thing I can't seem to get out of my source is, when are those darn owners meetings?

Top Bottom