dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Pass happy head coach and offensive coordinator have called 441 rushing plays and 461 pass plays

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Pass happy head coach and offensive coordinator have called 441 rushing plays and 461 pass plays
Keeping Jerruh off their case.

But again - it's not the amount. It's what you actually run. Soft or hard? Do you mean it or not? Or are you just paying fealty.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I've not complained about the amount of carries. It's the type of running plays we use that's the problem. I've made that very clear and detailed.

Your pass-first coaches don't understand the run game and don't really like it and don't really believe in it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Definitely, our fatass slob is a pass first guy who's never been big on the run game. His calling card is the passing game.
That's not entirely true.

First off, he always had Aaron Rodgers (and for one or two yrs Favre) and a good group of receivers and TE's, so yeah, they were a pass heavy team. As any other coach would probably choose to do with that same situation.

Second, with a couple of exceptions he never had much talent at the RB spot, and in a number if years they had a slew of OL injuries.

So when you speak to "context" then you need to practice what you preach amigo.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That's not entirely true.

First off, he always had Aaron Rodgers (and for one or two yrs Favre) and a good group of receivers and TE's, so yeah, they were a pass heavy team. As any other coach would probably choose to do with that same situation.

Second, with a couple of exceptions he never had much talent at the RB spot, and in a number if years they had a slew of OL injuries.

So when you speak to "context" then you need to practice what you preach amigo.
The dude's background IS the passing game and it IS his calling card. It's WHY GB hired him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I've not complained about the amount of carries. It's the type of running plays we use that's the problem. I've made that very clear and detailed.

Your pass-first coaches don't understand the run game and don't really like it and don't really believe in it.
When you keep saying "pass happy" (which you have said about 987,000 times in these threads) then yeah, you are complaining about the amount of run/pass plays.

I get what you are saying about the type of run plays called, but we also don't run exclusively out of the shotgun formation either.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Its a passing league Dooms, has been for about two decades now.

Very few teams have much (if any) true offensive balance anymore and most teams are around 60/40 pass rush or even more pass heavy.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter. Scoring points is all that matters. The object isnt to be the team that runs more or runs the type of plays that makes your lil peter hard, the object is to score points.

A team that scores 34 pts should win 100% of the time.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
The first possession after the Kearse forced fumble was crying out for an Aikman to Harper moment, not playing it safe.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
When in history did we ever have any of our A-plus QBs throw the ball when we needed to close out a game? Not Troy not Roger. Then why are we having our B-minus QB throwing in that situation. That's the only complaint I've made about how many times we run the ball

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
When in history did we ever have any of our A-plus QBs throw the ball when we needed to close out a game? Not Troy not Roger. Then why are we having our B-minus QB throwing in that situation. That's the only complaint I've made about how many times we run the ball
Aikman vs San Fran in a conference championship?

Top Bottom