Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn you Dodger

I've seen his kind my whole life. He's a fucking coward who never earned his way to any position. He wouldn't risk his cushy job to take a job where he'd have to be accountable and will be rewarded for his sucess or fired for his faulire. I loathe these kind of people....they're frauds. And everyone around him knows it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yim. Remember you were surprised as I that Garrett isn't coaching anywhere? Just read he's a finalist for Stanford HC job. Who knows, college may work for him as it did for Harbaugh at Michigan.
https://theathletic.com/3983287/2022/12/08/jason-garrett-stanford-coach-cowboys/
Already over with. Covered in the thread.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Weren't we all essentially dumbasses at that age? Not self aware at all, hard-headed, not thoughtful? Time and life experience fixes that. Meanwhile he IS intelligent and there's no denying the kid's raw talent. He can be molded with the right mentor. You KNOW his wife is gently working on him too.
He doesn't have any raw talent. He's a product of a system that virtually every QB that's played in, has put up massive numbers (Lincoln Riley's passing system)

The only thing his wife is gently working is his groin area.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He doesn't have any raw talent. He's a product of a system that virtually every QB that's played in, has put up massive numbers (Lincoln Riley's passing system)
The kid has real arm talent. And it was on display last night in what many are calling one of the great moments of American sport.

One of those moments where I feel sorry for all who missed it.

NFL Network is replaying the game as we type.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The kid has real arm talent. And it was on display last night in what many are calling one of the great moments of American sport.

One of those moments where I feel sorry for all who missed it.

No, he doesn't.

And WTF, one of the great moments in America sport? HUH? It was two awful football teams playing a game that doesnt matter for either because both will be home for the playoffs.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I hope you weren't intimating they were doing this because of anything "special" about Mayfield or this game in particular, because NFLN starts rebroadcasting EVERY Thursday night game (and does so multiple times) after midnight on game night and several times early morning and then the next afternoon on Friday.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
you weren't intimating they were doing this because of anything "special" about Mayfield or this game in particular,
I was prompting you to watch it.

It ends with THE longest game-winning TD drive in league history.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
a9b2664b401d8c22fdbc0b7ac4fbe9e3.jpg

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I assume you were watching.
Not live, but I caught the end on NFL Network before I went to work yesterday morning. He certainly looked good, but it was the Raiders on a short week with uncertainty how much he'd play if at all. 3 of their remaining 4 opponents are defenses that are much better tests. If he gets through them looking at least closer to last night than he did career to date then I'll maybe believe.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Weren't we all essentially dumbasses at that age? Not self aware at all, hard-headed, not thoughtful? Time and life experience fixes that. Meanwhile he IS intelligent and there's no denying the kid's raw talent. He can be molded with the right mentor. You KNOW his wife is gently working on him too.
I'm not saying it's impossible, but molding is a process that will take time. You don't go from having to get head slapped to get the light bulb to flicker to it shining like Clark Griswold's house in two days.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score

These days according to the talking heads aren't there two or three "great moments of American sport" a week?

Top Bottom