dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think McCoy/Poe tandem in the middle is going to be pretty strong for us. It wont be as goos as Philly's tandem of Hargrave/Cox but these guys should be a strong upgrade for us over the past few years, and help eliminate the "parting the red sea" run defense we have seen at times in spots. They also both have some pass rush ability, especially McCoy.

Assuming LVE returns healthy, having McCoy/Poe in front of him, Jaylon and Lee should really free up lanes for them to run to the ball carriers/QB.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think McCoy/Poe tandem in the middle is going to be pretty strong for us. It wont be as goos as Philly's tandem of Hargrave/Cox but these guys should be a strong upgrade for us over the past few years, and help eliminate the "parting the red sea" run defense we have seen at times in spots. They also both have some pass rush ability, especially McCoy.

Assuming LVE returns healthy, having McCoy/Poe in front of him, Jaylon and Lee should really free up lanes for them to run to the ball carriers/QB.

It definitely helps the LBs when you have some competent/capable DTs. Helps their health too.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We have been pretty active in FA this year. Unlike past years under Garrett. This gives me a small glimmer of hope that things might actually be different under MM.

And with MM saying to just draft him playmakers and he will make the scheme fit the player we might see something new for the first time in a long time

It feels good going into a season and not having Garrett’s black cloud hanging over the teams head.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We have been pretty active in FA this year. Unlike past years under Garrett. This gives me a small glimmer of hope that things might actually be different under MM.

And with MM saying to just draft him playmakers and he will make the scheme fit the player we might see something new for the first time in a long time

It feels good going into a season and not having Garrett’s black cloud hanging over the teams head.

Had we not made one damn move in free agency, just having MM instead of Garrett and that sack of shit staff he had is a massive improvement.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Had we not made one damn move in free agency, just having MM instead of Garrett and that sack of shit staff he had is a massive improvement.

This is true

But it would feel eerily familiar if we didn’t make any moves

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
im gonna sum up this bullshit below for you:

• we had reports/rumors/musings/whatever saying that tyrone crawford would be OPEN to a pay cut in order to stay w/ the team. says here that dallas aint gonna ask him to take one. because dallas is rolling in money and turning over every stone to make this team better (except the stone that has a tyrone crawford paycut hidden underneath it).
  • cowboys expected to go w/ looney & mcgovern at center
  • theyre keeping kai forbath as kicker

if you wanna read it:

NFC East Notes: Cowboys, Eagles, Williams
March 26th, 2020 at 11:40am CST by Sam Robinson

While the Cowboys have imported two of the 2019 Panthers’ three defensive line starters — in Gerald McCoy and Dontari Poe — they are not looking to move on from Tyrone Crawford. The Cowboys have asked Crawford to yo-yo between defensive end and tackle in his career, and with the two high-profile veterans coming to Dallas, it is reasonable to wonder about their longtime lineman’s role. But as of now, it should be expected Crawford will be Dallas’ starting D-end opposite DeMarcus Lawrence, David Moore of the Dallas Morning News notes. Despite Crawford only playing in four games last season, the Cowboys are also not expected to ask the 30-year-old lineman to take a pay cut from the $8MM salary he is due in 2020, Moore adds. Crawford, whose contract is up after 2020, would be taking the place of Robert Quinn opposite Lawrence. Quinn signed a mega-deal with the Bears.
Here is the latest from the NFC East:
  • The Eagles entered the DeAndre Hopkins sweepstakes, but the Cardinals’ offer of David Johnson and a second-round pick surprisingly won out. Howie Roseman said Thursday the deal the Texans offered him was different than what the Cardinals ended up agreeing to, per Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Inquirer (on Twitter). It is not known what the Eagles offered, but this marks the most recent instance of them entering the pursuit of a high-profile AFC South player and not winning out. Roseman bowed out of the Jalen Ramsey sweepstakes last year. The lofty Alshon Jeffery and DeSean Jackson cap numbers would have made a Hopkins extension interesting for Philly to navigate.
  • Despite the Cowboys signing both McCoy and Poe to help on their interior defensive line, they are not likely to look outside the organization to help on their interior O-line. Travis Frederick‘s successor will probably be an in-house move, Jon Machota of The Athletic notes (subscription required). Considering the Cowboys drafted Connor McGovern in the 2019 third round and re-signed Joe Looney — their 2018 replacement for Frederick — it should not surprise they will look internally at center. The Cowboys placed a second-round grade on McGovern last year, and even though he missed all of last season, the Penn State product should have a good shot at succeeding Frederick.
  • Although nearly half the league used a franchise or a transition tag this year, the GiantsLeonard Williams tag may have been the most interesting decision. New York’s Williams tag will cost at least $16.1MM (the defensive tackle price) and could run as much as $17.8MM (for defensive ends), but Paul Schwartz of the New York Post writes the Giants are not likely to sign the former Jets first-rounder to a deal that averages $16MM per year. If that is the case, Williams should be expected to play 2020 on the tag.
  • The Cowboys gave Kai Forbath a one-year, $1.18MM deal, according to the Houston Chronicle’s Aaron Wilson (on Twitter). The veteran kicker, who succeeded Brett Maher last year, will receive a $137K signing bonus.
  • The Giants‘ deal for ex-Patriots special-teamer Nate Ebner is a one-year, $2MM pact, per ESPN’s Field Yates (on Twitter). Ebner will receive a $950K roster bonus and a $1.05MM base salary.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
CZ has been going into a hissy for weeks with multiple threads about Crawford and cutting him to free up space for another player. Seeing their mass overreaction to this is pretty funny.

Multiple threads and 100's of posts and I don't think one person ever mentioned the fact that he is injured, he ended last year on IR. Unless something changed in the CBA I don't think teams are allowed to cut injured players unless an injury settlement is reached, and Crawford's people probably don't want an injury settlement right now.

He probably cant be released until he is cleared to practice fully, and obviously they cant do that right now.

Just because Crawford is here today, doesnt mean he will be here once training camp gets started (or ends)

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Or sentimental Jerry likes Crawford and wants him to stick around because of defections and uncertainty on the d line.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Or sentimental Jerry likes Crawford and wants him to stick around because of defections and uncertainty on the d line.

I'm not opposed to them keeping the guy, he's a decent player who can do a few different things up front and it sounds like they want to be able to play multiple fronts.. I wouldn't want to keep him (if he does get healthy) at what he is making now though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If this is an honest to God competition Zuerlein will blow the doors off Forbath.

Not if he kicks as inconsistently as he did last year.

That said, I strongly suspect they feel he will win the job.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
After seeing another thread in CZ where those slobs are still piling on Marinelli (who obviously wasnt great here), I noticed none mentioned how bad Richard was (as usual).

So I googled Richard because I had not heard anything about where he went and the dude still doesn't have a job. CANT GET A JOB PRO OR COLLEGE.

I was excited when we got him, but he was a major let down. The secondary never improved under him and there's no excuse whatsoever for them ignoring rookie Donovan Wilson during the regular season after the kind of preseason he had. On a team which for years couldn't get turnovers to save their lives, Wilson had 3 picks in 4 preseason games. Granted, it's preseason but he ended up with more picks than any Cowboys player for the entire regular season (we had two guys that had two each)

Easy to see now why Pete Carroll fired him, and one of the worst coaches in league history gladly hired him.

Top Bottom