kwcoolk619

Practice Squad
Reaction score
"these things take time"

its been 6 weeks and the defense is getting worse, not better

The Jones family has had 25 years to rise to a championship level and Stewie has the nerve to say "these things take time". Talk about being blind.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
LOL

I can hear Jaylon Smith shit talking to Wash

You guys suck! You only scored 25 points on us!
Apparently Diggs was talking shit to Maclaurin right before he gave up the 52yd TD
Instead of saying anything just please focus on trying to do your job

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I hear you Nick. The more I look at this team the more I think a few things. It needs a complete overhaul. We've seen it done with teams like Seattle, San Fran, New Orleans, Eagles, Baltimore off the top of my head. These teams were in the tank but were rebuilt relatively quickly and became competitive. It's the way of today's NFL. I just don't see that with this organization. I just don't. There's no vision. I was hoping MM would bring some of that but the more I see this team play, the more questions I have about the HC.The D is not my issue. But the O should be better, even with a back-up. The OL play is atrocious but should be better when you have an offensive minded HC that should come up with a scheme to help your tackles. But Moore being kept on to call plays in a non-MM offense should have been a red flag for me but I overlooked it because I was glad we got a career HC. Most HC's would have taken over play calling duties. I don't think Moore has the experience to devise a game plan and keep an offensive flow. Every time I watch other teams like the Cards and Seattle last night, I see offenses that are designed to attack and play to their strengths. They have speed on both sides of the ball. With us, I see a lumbering D. I see a KR guy in Pollard that is just not fast enough to scare anyone and take it to the house. We're a complete cluster fuck.

I don't know if Lawrence can fix this team. I don't know if he's the alpha male to take control of this team and lead it. I know Dak is the Alpha male but he's missing the elite QB skills, IMO. I could be wrong. This offense is a mess without Dak. But I'm still not sold that he's elite and can lead this team to the SB. I think Justin Fields is like Dak on steroids and has a better arm and is faster than Dak. Seems very accurate as well. It wouldn't surprise me if Fields goes higher than Lawrence.

I think this team needs to be gutted. It needs to be purged of the elitist attitude that seems to be prevalent with players in Dallas. Parcells righted that ship and was the center piece by sheer will alone. Players knew Jerry was the boss but they also knew that Parcells didn't give a fuck and he was the guy they needed to please on the field. I have my doubts if MM is that guy. I thought he was because he was a career coach but I'm starting to wonder if he didn't sell his soul to Jerry. I mean, who the fuck is Kellen Moore to be leading the offense when I've spent my whole career as an offensive guy? Nepotism is ugly in a hierarchy of alpha males in a gladiator sport. But somewhere Jerry doesn't want to lose the next "thing"....the next Sean Payton. Jerry thought that Garrett was "it" and now maybe he thinks that "Moore" is "it" but completely disregards the path Payton took to get where he's at.

There is complete dysfunction in Dallas. And MM is losing me, just like Garrett lost me when I saw the red flags early on. I was a Garrett supporter initially and didn't need any more than his first full season as HC to see he wasn't "it." I'm starting to get that same feeling with MM.
Well though out and stated
I think we are all in agreement that MM was a "safe" hire for Jerry and MM gave him enough ammunition (QB developer, SB champ) to justify it when in reality he should haver had the stones to go out on a limb and get Meyer and realize that a step back is required on his part to move this organization forward

I could not agree more on Dak and it has always been my take that he definitely is a franchise QB but lacks that skill to make the guys around him better ala Wilson, Rodgers etc... but I am all in as far as him leading this team moving forward assuming the ankle is good to go
Having said that, if you ever have the chance to upgrade at the QB position you do it no questions asked...I'm sure it was an uncomfortable year for Alex Smith when Mahomes got drafted but such is life

I think for a lot of us this is rock bottom just because as has been previously stated the late 80s-early 90s team had what ended up being a skyward trajectory partly b/c Jerry was so new to ownership he didn't know any better so stayed out of it
Now he just can't help himself and his ego is now bigger than this organization

In Vegas right now and spoke to a bartender who has met a lot of the Cowboys and has met Jones and states that he knows football and I vehemently disagreed with him from a fan perspective
He may know it but that doesn't mean that he gets it
Offered him a little green to slip something in Jerry's Johnny Walker (and Stephen's as well) next time they were in town!!!

This season is numbing to say the least
I really go to watch every game with absolutely zero hope that they will do anything different than from the previous week
Philly is going to blow the doors of us and to that effect grabbed Boston Scott on all my fantasy teams...I'm thinking at least 150 on the ground and probably another 100 through the air

Sad just sad...

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
nah. fat mike doesnt hold players or coaches accountable either, so COVID had nothing to do w/ keeping the status quo

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Put it in 3 inch headlines:

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

They'll never realize (or snap out of denial and admit) they're the problem because that would mean they'd have to stop playing with their toy and give up the limelight which jeri will NEVER do because he's addicted to it and has deluded himself into believing he was responsible for the 3 Super Bowls plus he was so much FU money he can tell the fans to EAD until the day he is 6 feet under

the franchise is dead and never coming back as long as jones and spawn own the team. I've spent the last 25 years trying to come up with every kind of twisted logic I could muster to find a way they can succeed and I believe there is simply no overcoming the buffoonery of ownership (outside of a historic run of injuries league wide while the Cowboys experiencing none so they can basically beat the leagues practice squads on the way to another Super Bowl)
I can't like this post enough...infinity thumbs up

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well though out and stated
I think we are all in agreement that MM was a "safe" hire for Jerry and MM gave him enough ammunition (QB developer, SB champ) to justify it when in reality he should haver had the stones to go out on a limb and get Meyer and realize that a step back is required on his part to move this organization forward

I could not agree more on Dak and it has always been my take that he definitely is a franchise QB but lacks that skill to make the guys around him better ala Wilson, Rodgers etc... but I am all in as far as him leading this team moving forward assuming the ankle is good to go
Having said that, if you ever have the chance to upgrade at the QB position you do it no questions asked...I'm sure it was an uncomfortable year for Alex Smith when Mahomes got drafted but such is life

I think for a lot of us this is rock bottom just because as has been previously stated the late 80s-early 90s team had what ended up being a skyward trajectory partly b/c Jerry was so new to ownership he didn't know any better so stayed out of it
Now he just can't help himself and his ego is now bigger than this organization

In Vegas right now and spoke to a bartender who has met a lot of the Cowboys and has met Jones and states that he knows football and I vehemently disagreed with him from a fan perspective
He may know it but that doesn't mean that he gets it
Offered him a little green to slip something in Jerry's Johnny Walker (and Stephen's as well) next time they were in town!!!

This season is numbing to say the least
I really go to watch every game with absolutely zero hope that they will do anything different than from the previous week
Philly is going to blow the doors of us and to that effect grabbed Boston Scott on all my fantasy teams...I'm thinking at least 150 on the ground and probably another 100 through the air

Sad just sad...

Good post Nick but is it really sad? This is nothing new. We're kind of used to it by now. Teams re-load and overtake us and we haven't even really been competitive since 95. I've said it before....we're more like the Browns than anything else except we can't even beat the Browns now. Jerry has sucked this team dry of it's legacy to feed his own narcissistic ego. America's Team was more than a marketing term/gimmick.

But Jerry is Jerry and I'm more disappointed in MM. That's the biggest kick in the gut. I'm going to give him more time to right the ship but I'm fading fast.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I honestly hope we do not win another game this season.

Even the team without a fucking name shit all over us. We deserve to end the season 2-14.

And while I’m at it, no team from our division should go to the playoffs unless the are at least 8-8. If you can’t manage as many wins as you have losses you do not deserve to make the playoffs even if you sweep your division. I’ll go one step further. No team should make the playoffs without a winning record. Period!

we need to bring in relegation like they do in the Premier league and see what that does to competition

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dallas has made it known that Emerson Griffen is on the trade block

Top Bottom