MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Not completely sold but offering upwards of 110 mil for four years. Ell Ohh Ell.

That’s what the Jones’ leaked to the media. So you believe everything Jerry says to the media now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Your fantasy idea of it doesn't. It's only ASSUMED to exist, outside of that.

Hence the words “conspiracy theory”. Again, do you even know what the hell that means?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That’s what the Jones’ leaked to the media. So you believe everything Jerry says to the media now?
It was widely reported by reliable sources not getting the info from Dallas.
Hence the words “conspiracy theory”. Again, do you even know what the hell that means?
Asked and answered, you're just going in circles now. Stupid is as stupid does.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It was widely reported by reliable sources not getting the info from Dallas.

Asked and answered, you're just going in circles now. Stupid is as stupid does.

So you’re answer is no then, you have no earthly idea what a conspiracy theory is. I guess it’s true, can’t teach stupid.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jerry has resigned every player he really wanted to keep. Even if it meant mortgaging the future of the team. There is only 1 player he wanted to keep that he failed to sign that I can remember and that was Ken Norton Jr. You might even be able to include Tony Casillas. But even in those situations the Cowboys has younger players ready to take over. Other than that I can’t think of 1 player the Cowboys wanted to keep and failed to sign.

If they REALLY wanted Dak and were sold on him really being the QB of the future they would have signed him. They would have caved (like they always do with players they want to keep) when Wentz got paid. They would have signed Dak by now. They are clearly not 100% sold on him yet. Now him missing the rest of this season might convince them he is their guy but up to this season they are clearly not sold on him.

100% spot on. No team on the planet lets a franchise QB potentially walk. If they were sold on Dak, they would have overpaid but they weren't sold on him. Couple that with his agents being assholes and going back on the numbers they had agreed after a hot start last year and this is what you get.

I also give you credit because I believe your opinion kind of evolved on this issue in that you were pretty certain the Jones' were going to sign Dak long term and I remember us discussing/debating it some time back. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's night and day between now and the past few years. Obviously. Nothing good, but nothing even near as bad as this.

Ugly is ugly my friend. There were games on end we wouldn't see a punt. This is really nothing new. It just casts a light on the real issue. We just thought the game had passed Marinelli by. But we're having the same conversation but with a different set of coaches.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If they were sold on Dak, they would have overpaid but they weren't sold on him.
Then they're simply irresponsible and incompetent. Had four years of cheap QB money and squandered it by not getting a real one in here.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Then they're simply irresponsible and incompetent. Had four years of cheap QB money and squandered it by not getting a real one in here.

Dak at the right price would have kept the stands full and the money rolling in. SB is never the goal any longer. Any talk of a SB is just salesmanship to keep the shills happy.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Ugly is ugly my friend. There were games on end we wouldn't see a punt. This is really nothing new. It just casts a light on the real issue. We just thought the game had passed Marinelli by. But we're having the same conversation but with a different set of coaches.
Make 'em eat clock to get points versus let 'em reliably run up 40 on us real quick, every week! Innovation!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dak at the right price would have kept the stands full and the money rolling in. SB is never the goal any longer. Any talk of a SB is just salesmanship to keep the shills happy.
The real fun starts Sunday, when we let the Football Team hang 35 on us.

Top Bottom