Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If they were sold on Dak, they would have overpaid but they weren't sold on him
We're not sure so we gonna give him 4 years to grow and make us sure. We're still not sure four years later but we just love the guy now, he's such a good guy and has such a great backstory. And hell, he's the face of the LEAGUE now. Can't let him leave!

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We're not sure so we gonna give him 4 years to grow and make us sure. We're still not sure four years later but we just love the guy now, he's such a good guy and has such a great backstory. And hell, he's the face of the LEAGUE now. Can't let him leave!

I've already explained that in my post so you might want to go back and re-read it. Dak would keep the stands full and the team relatively competitive which would keep the money rolling in. SB is not the goal with the Jones'.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I've already explained that in my post so you might want to go back and re-read it.
I wasn't arguing with you. I was attempting to post JonesThoughts.

I tend to believe though they're simply not talent evaluators, and believe Dak is the most talented QB in the league.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wasn't arguing with you. I was attempting to post JonesThoughts.

I tend to believe though they're simply not talent evaluators, and believe Dak is the most talented QB in the league.

I agree but I'm not sure they think Dak is the most talented but the guy has all the intangibles to represent the organization and keep the revenue flowing. Can't disagree with that........

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You brought it up because you're stupid enough to believe "tanking" for the #1 pick is a thing that actually exists.
In order to tank, wouldn't you have to have all the players onboard? And if so, how would they be able to keep that a secret. Even if Jerry subscribe to the "tanking" fantasy/theory, MM I imagine would have too much pride.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I agree but I'm not sure they think Dak is the most talented but the guy has all the intangibles to represent the organization and keep the revenue flowing. Can't disagree with that........
Plus we forget they made him a very generous long term offer after his 2nd year. Nobody does that if they're not sure you're the guy.

They're sure he's the guy. The guy for winning or the guy for tubthumping, open question.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Plus we forget they made him a very generous long term offer after his 2nd year.

I have zero recollection of this and my admittedly limited Google skills resulted in a goose egg

do you have a source for this?

As I sit, if forced to place a bet on whether this occurred, I'd bet against

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I have zero recollection of this and my admittedly limited Google skills resulted in a goose egg

do you have a source for this?

As I sit, if forced to place a bet on whether this occurred, I'd bet against
We talked about it here tons, when it happened. We tried to sign him and he elected to keep playing on his rookie deal, "betting on himself."

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It was a deal worth 90 million, offered during the 2019 offseason.

Dallas thought it was close to a deal with Prescott, as the 2019 season opened, on a contract worth $33 million per year and more than $90 million guaranteed, but Prescott opted to play out the season on his $2 million salary.

Link here, you have to scroll down quite a bit to find the quote.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It was a deal worth 90 million, offered during the 2019 offseason.

Link here, you have to scroll down quite a bit to find the quote.

I was dubious of the awkwardly worded claim an offer was made after his second year which is kind of confusing because it seems to imply it was right after the 2nd ended or sometime in the 3rd season plus I initially mistakenly interpreted your statement to mean an offer was made during his second season

The offer you referenced was made at the start of his 4th season which is probably what the initial post should have mentioned as the second season was well removed from when an offer was actually made and how I initially interpreted your post

Its technically accurate to say the Cowboys offered Dak a contract after he signed with Mississippi State

cliffs: word salad about nuthin important

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wow

The same report that Jane Slater came out with stating the players were unhappy and complaining about the coaching staff is now all over the place and being reported by the NFL Network, NFL app, CBS, Fox and now MM had to address the question during an interview by basically saying that if the player has something to say they should say it to our faces

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I was dubious of the awkwardly worded claim an offer was made after his second year which is kind of confusing because it seems to imply it was right after the 2nd ended or sometime in the 3rd season
You are correct - we had to wait until the league-mandated 3 years was over. We offered that contract right before the 2019 season.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dak hasn’t played in a game and a half and still leads the league in yards

ccb6b2313551d318a40fc46b9464ef62.jpg

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
MM Doesn’t seem happy his players are talking shit

“I think you do have to recognize it,'' said McCarthy after being asked about the report. "I really go back to my first meeting with the football team. I've always stated to every team I've coached, I think it's important to handle things as men. If you do have something to say publicly, I think it's important to say to the individual, particularly in a group setting. Especially in the game of football. That's all part of our development.

"You don't want to be stubborn (as a head coach) and do things just to do things. I think it's important for all of our players and coaches, and it's something I stated in our first meeting, let's just handle these things as men. 'Let's talk to one another. (I told them) 'I'm your guy.'

"I'll talk to anybody, in particular, in our inner circle. And I'll either agree or disagree with you. And I think that's important. At the end of the day it's about winning. We're in the business of putting players in a position to win."

The team's new defensive coordinator Mike Nolan has been under fire for the unit's historically poor performance through the first six games of the season. The Joneses' and McCarthy have pointed to the fact that Nolan's scheme is different than the previous regime's, and because they didn't have a normal offseason or training camp, implementing it became more complicated.

“Definitely. It’s a change," McCarthy said when asked if the players believe in Nolan's scheme. "Frankly, we’re in the infant stages of it. ... That’s part of these first-year challenges."

Top Bottom