MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yep, show us how smart you are when your D can't stop jack shit.

You do know the draft isn’t over yet right? At this point there is a good chance that Xavier McKinney will be there for them in the 2nd. DE Gross-Matos from Penn St could be an option too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You do know the draft isn’t over yet right? At this point there is a good chance that Xavier McKinney will be there for them in the 2nd. DE Gross-Matos from Penn St could be an option too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep I thought of that immediately after the pick was made. Rolled my eyes anyway. It's still Jerruh. It's still gonna be 8-8 on average, one and done in the playoffs if above average.

Because he wants a SHOW, not a D.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep I thought of that immediately after the pick was made. Rolled my eyes anyway. It's still Jerruh. It's still gonna be 8-8 on average, one and done in the playoffs if above average.

Because he wants a SHOW, not a D.

Lamb was the BPA and I can't be too critical of the pick. But I agree that we need a lot of help on D. As a side note, Philly not drafting Lamb is a win for us as well. We need D help and a QB that MM can develop and I'll be happy.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i wanted chaisson but i never expected a top tier WR like lamb to be there so i am ecstatic they took him. lots of people had him as their best WR overall in the draft. chaisson was arguably rated as the #2 pass rusher in the entire draft. he was also less polished player at his position compared to lamb

that pick added a weapon on offense that is ready to plug and play right away

this defense is more than 1 designated pass rusher from being elite, and chaisson may take some time to develop

bottom line i feel like lamb has a far better chance to make a far greater impact to the team immediately compared to chaisson

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I guess Lamb, who feels like a luxury, represented too much value for them to pass up. And unlike Hill last year, they went with BPA. If there's a season this fall, get ready for a lot of shootouts.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
every photoshop ive seen of CD lamb is him wearing #84 and #82

wtf are these people even paying attention

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
good luck to the eagles, redskins, and giants defensive backfields

mikey slants mccarthy is gonna make sure that ball is out and these dudes are racking up RAC yards

(this is my fantasy vision)

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I guess Lamb, who feels like a luxury, represented too much value for them to pass up. And unlike Hill last year, they went with BPA. If there's a season this fall, get ready for a lot of shootouts.
Jerruh cites passing on Moss as a motivation. Can't say I blame him for finally letting a lesson soak in.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Lamb was the BPA and I can't be too critical of the pick. But I agree that we need a lot of help on D. As a side note, Philly not drafting Lamb is a win for us as well. We need D help and a QB that MM can develop and I'll be happy.
Yeah I'm not as gripey about it now as I was initially. Still lots of draft to go

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You think our passing game sucked last year? LMAO. Our problems are and were the secondary, the fucking DL and our walking wounded, suckass LB corps.

One of the top passing games in the league needs to spend a 1st round pick on a WR?

Oh wait I forgot - whole game plan is to get down by 2 or 3 scores so the defense plays soft, so we can git they ass with our passing game? WIN SHOOTOUTS!

Stop. DEFENSE is where we suck, DEFENSE is what we need to fix.

Dooms, the draft is not all about THIS year. The draft is also about the future.

Cooper signed a mega deal, but it could easily end up being a 2 or 3yr deal. Gallup is on a rookie deal and will be a free agent after the 2021 season, if he continues on his current track he will be extremely expensive to re-sign.

The passing game was really good last yr, however we also had a really good 3rd WR in Cobb, he is gone and there was no obvious replacement.

Again, they claimed Lamb was the 6th rated player on their board. If he hadn't have been there they would have taken Chaisson. They stayed true to their board and grabbed a guy that they thought was a major difference maker.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What I'm tryna tell you NOW.

What, we just forget what we said a week ago so we can wave pom-poms at our new 1st round draft pick? Shit.

I never expected Lamb to be available. I kind of expected Juedy and Ruggs to be gone too (and they were).

Top Bottom