MrB

Draft Pick
88 looks better for a WR in my opinion.

I'm sure Jerry is thinking of the marketing $$$ associated with it more than anything else, but at the end of the day its just a damn number.
Very true. I’m just thinking that I really don’t want to hear Michael Irvin calling Lamb his son for the next 10 years like he did with Dez. Especially considering his name is Lamb, Mike is going to throw in a lot of bible references. I just find it annoying when he does that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dodger12

Super Moderator

I'm sure Jerry is thinking of the marketing $$$ associated with it more than anything else, but at the end of the day its just a damn number.
If Lamb wears 88 it makes the Irvin 88 all the more valuable and "rarer" which means Jerry can pump some limited edition 88's out and get more money....

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Very true. I’m just thinking that I really don’t want to hear Michael Irvin calling Lamb his son for the next 10 years like he did with Dez. Especially considering his name is Lamb, Mike is going to throw in a lot of bible references. I just find it annoying when he does that.

Bless your heart Mr. B......

theoneandonly

Draft Pick

Is there a doubt. I ll guarantee you just as much as this guy is a talented playmaker, Jerry wad thinking marketing and gear selling with this pick. That was my first thought. That and if we have another 500 season, at least it will be an interesting 500 season.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
That's the way I heard it as well. And Eagles fans are on suicide watch because they wasted a 2nd round pick on Jalen Hurts when they could have traded up ahead of us....it's one thing to not want to lose your 2nd round pick but it's a whole nother thing to keep it and waste it on a player that won't see significant playing time and was probably over-drafted.

EDIT: Folks are also saying it was a "Fuck You" to the Eagles for trading up ahead of us to take Dallas Goedert in 2018 knowing we'd probably take him after Witten's retirement. Payback was a bitch......

But what I don't get is why did and would the Eagles think in the first place that the Cowboys were even interested in a WR? It wasn't an obvious need.

dbair1967

Administrator
Is there a doubt. I ll guarantee you just as much as this guy is a talented playmaker, Jerry wad thinking marketing and gear selling with this pick. That was my first thought. That and if we have another 500 season, at least it will be an interesting 500 season.
That part I don't believe at all.

dbair1967

Administrator
But what I don't get is why did and would the Eagles think in the first place that the Cowboys were even interested in a WR? It wasn't an obvious need.
Maybe they were trying to get ahead of other teams they thought might take one, and assumed since Dallas might be targeting other positions we'd be fine with trading down.

MrB

Draft Pick
It wasn’t a primary need but a 3rd starter was actually needed. Then there was the whole Dallas Geodert pick a couple of years ago where the Eagles jumped in front of Dallas to draft Geodert. Pretty much everyone in Dallas knows that they likely would have drafted Connor Williams instead but all of Philly is convinced that they jump ahead of Dallas and “stole” DG from the Cowboys. Pretty much the entire city of Philly thinks this was Jerry getting payback.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
This guy was good. I had his live stream on in the background purposely hoping he'd flip out. He was wanting CeeDee Lamb the entire time.

Sal Monella

Man among boys
NFL Execs rave about Cowboys 2020 draft class

The Dallas Cowboys went into the virtual 2020 NFL Draft with many people expecting Jerry Jones to mess it up. Instead, the Dallas Cowboys pulled off one of their most impressive draft hauls in years.

Fans in Dallas weren’t the only ones celebrating the Cowboys’ pick. Executives from around the NFL loved what Jones did, too.

Cowboys land a draft steal with CeeDee Lamb

The Cowboys certainly didn’t expect to spend a first-round pick on a wide receiver. Jones knew the team had more pressing needs at cornerback and edge-rusher, but he couldn’t pass on an opportunity to draft the top receiver in the 2020 draft class. When Lamb slid to the Cowboys at No. 17, Dallas didn’t hesitate, and it instantly became one of the biggest winners in the first round.

Jones received universal praise from the NFL world for taking Lamb. Suddenly, one of the NFL’s best offenses added a playmaker to surround Dak Prescott with one of the league’s best supporting casts. Folks within the NFL loved the move just as much as the fans did, as one exec told The Athletic’s Mike Sando:

“Dallas had no intention of taking a receiver. Then the receiver who was arguably the top one in the class (CeeDee Lamb) falls to them. OK, they are going to be in 11 personnel a lot. It makes sense, them taking him.”
Lamb developed quite the reputation in college football for making absurd plays after the catch and for a plethora of stunning grabs. The Cowboys love everything Lamb would bring to their offense, and Jones is so excited with him that the rookie will be wearing an iconic number in Dallas.

Dallas finds great value in Trevon Diggs

Jones admitted after the draft that Diggs shouldn’t have been available at the No. 51 pick. Yet, the talented cornerback slipped down the board and right to the Cowboys. Just like with Lamb, the team didn’t waste a moment before grabbing the young corner.

Many around the NFL were surprised Diggs fell that far. Once considered a potential first-round pick, Diggs’ length, athleticism and instincts will allow him to be an instant contributor in a secondary that desperately needs one. It’s exactly why the pick received praise around the league.

“I would have put money on the same thing,” another NFL executive said, via The Athletic. “Very, very unlikely, especially with Damon Arnette going at 19 and Noah Igbinoghene going at the bottom of the first.”

Just two picks into the 2020 NFL Draft and the Cowboys came away with two great players, both who weren’t expected even to be available for Dallas to take. Fortunately for Jones, the draft board fell perfectly, and the Cowboys came out of it smiling.

Cowboys become a playoff team in 2020

The Cowboys already turned in a strong offseason by hiring Mike McCarthy as head coach and bolstering their front seven with Aldon Smith, Gerald McCoy and Dontari Poe. Coming out of the 2020 NFL Draft with one of the best classes in the league just made things even better. A third NFL executive said, via The Athletic:

“The only thing you can say about them is, a lot of guys they took are super talented. Diggs was probably the third-best corner on the board. If you get the best out of him, you hit a grand slam. This draft to me is probably one of the best ones. When your owner is also the GM, you can take some risks.”
Dallas will take the field in 2020 with an electrifying offense, a tremendous coaching staff and a defense capable of creating pressure. Put it all together, and it’s easy to see the Cowboys being a playoff team next season with the possibility to accomplish even more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom
We've logged Hit Counter by Digits Visitors since 2018.
DISCLAIMER:
The company requires me to use a disclaimer:
The opinions expressed are solely those of authors on this forum and do not represent the views of the Company (Jackson's Food Stores)
Thank you.