Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Can't argue with this too much, although with 3 new head coaches in the division, anything could happen.
Lamb's a solid pick.

Edit: Of course Riverboat Ron and MM have experience, and IMO both are superior to their predecessor.
To me it smacks of "we're just ONE PIECE away from the soup bow!!" mentality.

Defense, you dumbfux. DEFENSE.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Bottom line is they really had to come away with a building block from this draft after the last 3 years. Looks like they did.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
McCarthy loves 3 WR offenses, might become the true base offense. They have 3 really, really good WR's that are all YAC machines.

It's gotta create more space in the run game for Zeke and Pollard too.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Another thing. The 6 to 8 games a year Cooper disappears, I don't think Lamb will. Which means 6 to 8 games a year the offense doesn't come to a grinding halt. Guy seems like he likes to compete which is a definite virtue.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This is another of your WTF posts Dooms.
Another thing. The 6 to 8 games a year Cooper disappears, I don't think Lamb will. Which means 6 to 8 games a year the offense doesn't come to a grinding halt. Guy seems like he likes to compete which is a definite virtue.
You think our passing game sucked last year? LMAO. Our problems are and were the secondary, the fucking DL and our walking wounded, suckass LB corps.

One of the top passing games in the league needs to spend a 1st round pick on a WR?

Oh wait I forgot - whole game plan is to get down by 2 or 3 scores so the defense plays soft, so we can git they ass with our passing game? WIN SHOOTOUTS!

Stop. DEFENSE is where we suck, DEFENSE is what we need to fix.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Probably reinforces the idea of not taking a WR at 17. Tons of talent available later.
What I'm tryna tell you NOW.

What, we just forget what we said a week ago so we can wave pom-poms at our new 1st round draft pick? Shit.

Biggems74

Dr. Pepper or Die
Reaction score
I enjoyed the pat McAfee and aj hawk draft broadcast......especially after the packers picked love....they had a packers fan as part of their team, and his complete disdain for pick was hilarious.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Wonder what changed their mind? Orrrrrr, were they just blowing smoke, tryna fool everybody?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
McCarthy loves 3 WR offenses, might become the true base offense. They have 3 really, really good WR's that are all YAC machines.

It's gotta create more space in the run game for Zeke and Pollard too.

Kellen Moore and McCarthy should have a lot of fun designing the offense around Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Zeke, Pollard, and Jarwin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Kellen Moore and McCarthy should have a lot of fun designing the offense around Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Zeke, Pollard, and Jarwin.
Yep, show us how smart you are when your D can't stop jack shit.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Draft board based on "we just need that one last piece!"

WR wasn't a pressing need. Not that couldn't be addressed in FA.

Draft board based on best player available. Lamb was 6th on their board and by far the best player left. Most teams had Lamb as the best WR in the draft.

They do need defense but you can take a lesser player just because he plays defense. Chaisson was really the only other option but that dude has red flags all over him, Lamb doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom