Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Just went to watch a program off the dvr from early March, only to find that a good portion of it was interrupted by Trump, talking about what an excellent job we were doing reducing the impact of the virus from reaching and spreading within the US...

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just went to watch a program off the dvr from early March, only to find that a good portion of it was interrupted by Trump, talking about what an excellent job we were doing reducing the impact of the virus from reaching and spreading within the US...

H1N1 spread to 60 to 70 million Americans and not a peep from anyone. What makes you or anyone else believe that a more contagious virus won't afflict that many people? Our goal as a country is not realistic and a losing proposition. And the day after the election if the Dems win everyone will forget about the Corona virus. Book it.....

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
H1N1 spread to 60 to 70 million Americans and not a peep from anyone. What makes you or anyone else believe that a more contagious virus won't afflict that many people? Our goal as a country is not realistic and a losing proposition. And the day after the election if the Dems win everyone will forget about the Corona virus. Book it.....
What goal? Saying "our goal as a country" implies that there's any sort of agreement on anything. Any "goals" regarding this are like anything else these days, based solely along party lines and agendas.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What goal? Saying "our goal as a country" implies that there's any sort of agreement on anything. Any "goals" regarding this are like anything else these days, based solely along party lines and agendas.

The goal to minimize the spread by shutting the country down. We might slow the spread but only momentarily. In any event, we did have goals for the shutdown....first and foremost to not inundate hospitals and medical workers,

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i think people are being mean to this man on purpose. look at how much time, money, and effort went into building this coronavirus mountain. this is so much more impactful compared to looking at a line graph

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i think people are being mean to this man on purpose. look at how much time, money, and effort went into building this coronavirus mountain. this is so much more impactful compared to looking at a line graph

WTF? How do people lack any self-awareness? It's just beyond stupid and I have no idea what he's doing. Amazing.....

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
if this is true then i prob got the coronavirus in 1998-99

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet they were hanging out with all the other retards at local protest meetings.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
50098356403_422a8a9155_w.jpg

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They will be fine. It is not that bad for otherwise healthy people especially young healthy people. I speak from experience. My wife and daughter had it. The flu is about 1000X worse than this for healthy people. The infected people will need to stay away from people with pre-exiitng conditions and the elderle until they recover. Once recovered, they will then have immunity to the virus for a least some time so it is not all bad that they have it.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They will be fine. It is not that bad for otherwise healthy people especially young healthy people. I speak from experience. My wife and daughter had it. The flu is about 1000X worse than this for healthy people. The infected people will need to stay away from people with pre-exiitng conditions and the elderle until they recover. Once recovered, they will then have immunity to the virus for a least some time so it is not all bad that they have it.

how do you think your wife and daughter got it?

and how did you avoid getting it from them?

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
how do you think your wife and daughter got it?

and how did you avoid getting it from them?
My daughter was living at home in between graduating from Texas A&M and going to school at UTMB in Galveston to become a PA (physicians assistant). When things started settling down on the Covid front she went to spend a weekend in College Station to visit some friends. She was bored form being cooped up at home. Well they went out to Northgate (the "party" area of College Station) and after a few drinks social distancing was out the window. She came home and three days later she woke up with a fever. She got the test and found out she was positive a few days later. She only ran a low grade fever for that morning and for about a week she was really tired with no energy. Otherwise she was fine and you would never know she had the virus. I should point out she contacted the people she was with in College Station about being infected so they all got test and half of them had the virus also with the only symptom being tired and weak like my daughter.

My wife obviously caught it from our daughter and started feeling bad a few days after my daughter symptoms lifted. She ran a low to mid grade fever for five days as well as feeling tired and week for 10 days. I should point out she got tested about 5 days into her symptoms started and it took 11-12 days to get her results back. She got the results back a week after she was back to 100% so her results showed up in the Texas statistics AFTER she was well.

As for me? I started feeling off with low energy about the time my daughter was over her symptoms. I never ran a fever. I waited a few days and got the test (10 days after my daughter). Which came back 9 days later as negative. I get at least 15,000 steps per day 365 days per year including during this period. It was all I could do to get my steps in just barely walking (I have tried to use my stubborn streak for something good so I stubbornly forced myself to get these steps in). I started feeling normal about a 4-5 days later. I I plan to get an antibody test soon to see if that was a false negative. I can say from my daughters first symptom I started taking one of the OTC zinc cold remedies as well as fairly high doses of vitamin D3 every day. Perhaps that disrupted the virus enough to cause a false negative and limited my symptoms to about half the time if my wife and daughter???? The antibody test will confirm if that is the case. Neither my wife or daughter did this despite my advising them to.

Something else to point out is it took only 3 days to get my daughters test results back vs. 9 for my myself tested 10 days later vs. 12 for my wife who tested about 5 days after me. We were all tested at a CVS MinuteClinic and the test were all run by Quest. This increasing lag shows a tremendous uptick in testing. Also with this increased lag I am sure there are thousands of people who are showing up in the statistics a long time after they are completely over the virus.

Sorry for the novel.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Sorry for the novel.

no apology necessary, that was great stuff, thanks for sharing and I'm glad your family recovered fully

Please let us know how the antibody tests go

I hear being in shape and getting vitamin D (preferably via the sun , which it sounds like you get with all your steps) helps improve the immune system. I'm concerned for myself if I get it because I haven't worked out in 6 months nor much walking and Im the most I've ever weighed.

At 54, I feel I could still lose it as I don't believe your doomed at my age but what's getting me is the lack of mental motivation to restrain from all the tasty vittles out there. Plus, I went to culinary school a few years ago and keep getting better at cooking by the day so now I'm liking what I cook at home more than what I buy at a restaurant which is both awesome and dangerous

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well California dun fucked up

What else is new

The Governor opened up the state a couple weeks ago to allow some indoor interaction which included regular stores, restaurants for indoor dining with restrictions such as having 50% less indoor tables for diners and so on...

Well we just had a number of consecutive days with record COVID infection increases

So now the governor has shut down ALL indoor activities and dining once again. As of right now some outdoor dining is still allowed. But I suspect that won’t last long. Plus who the fuck wants to sit outside for a meal in 100 degree heat.

We had 3155 new cases right here in Los Angeles County yesterday and 5782 new cases in the entire state of CA yesterday.

We have had more cases recorded yesterday in LA county than 6 entire state’s have had since the beginning of the Pandemic

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
no apology necessary, that was great stuff, thanks for sharing and I'm glad your family recovered fully

Please let us know how the antibody tests go

I hear being in shape and getting vitamin D (preferably via the sun , which it sounds like you get with all your steps) helps improve the immune system. I'm concerned for myself if I get it because I haven't worked out in 6 months nor much walking and Im the most I've ever weighed.

At 54, I feel I could still lose it as I don't believe your doomed at my age but what's getting me is the lack of mental motivation to restrain from all the tasty vittles out there. Plus, I went to culinary school a few years ago and keep getting better at cooking by the day so now I'm liking what I cook at home more than what I buy at a restaurant which is both awesome and dangerous
When I was younger I was a runner up until my early 30's and was in excellent shape. A ruptured disc in my lower back stopped that and second ruptured disc at 40 helped to keep me from doing much exercise. I gained weight but not too much up until 2014. From 2014 - 2016 a lot of things happened in my life. My mother passed away followed by a promotion to a much higher stress mostly desk job followed by my baby girl leaving home for college (I have a son 3 years older but he went to the local college so he lived at home when my girl left). My son left in 2016 to move to Houston for a job after graduating from college. I was semi depressed and under a ton of stress at work during this time period and was drinking fairly heavily and eating absolutely terrible. I gained over 60 lbs. and was miserable.

Two things happened that changed my lifestyle significantly. In December 2016 I had my bloodwork done and it was absolutely terrible. I knew I had to do something. Starting in 2017 the company I work for started tying the amount of money they gave for medical deductibles to fitness goals, mainly steps. To track it you had to have a tracker like Fitbit to keep track of the steps. That year the deductibles were tied to a point system so if you and your spouse got at least 7,000 steps per day you got the most points. If a person kept it up daily they could have all of the points by April if they maxed out the steps. My wife got a Fitbit early that year started walking a lot. I held off until March an got one myself. We had our maximum points together by July that year but we kept on walking after that and most days we hit the 7,000 step goal. I lost a few pounds but not too much that first year. In 2018 they raised the goal for maximum points up to 10,000 steps. We already had our Fitbits so we started off getting 10,000 per day and met our goal by April for maximum points but at that time I had started really enjoying the walking and decided I wanted to make the entire 365 day year hitting 10,000 steps so I put my stubbornness to work and made that happen. I lost a lot more weight but still was a little heavy doing 10,000 per day. In 2019 the company did away with the Fitness incentives due to too many employees complaining but by that time I was in the groove walking daily. I kicked the goal up to 12,000 in January and gradually started increasing my steps. By the end of 2019 I was up to 15,000 per day. I had totally quit drinking and was eating much better and lost 50 of the 60 lbs. I had gained.

Starting in January of this year, I kicked my step goal up to 17,000 per day. I have gotten 17,000 steps every day this year so far 7days per week. I said 15,000 in the other post because 17,000 sounds strange. Most days I hit between 18,000 to 20,000 but my goal is still 17,000. I doubt I raise it any more because it can be a chore to get the steps in every single day. Just this past Saturday my wife and I went to Galveston to bring my daughter a few things she forgot when we moved her there on 4th of July weekend to start school. We spent the day with her and I only had around 10,000 steps when we got home around 10:30 PM. I went walking as soon as I got home and got the steps just before midnight.

My wife is still 10,000 per day and she gets that roughly 75% of the time but I stubbornly get my goal every single day. My family knows whatever we do that I have to be able to get my steps in on any given day. Since I had at least 10,000 per day going back 2 1/2 years and 17,000 per day since January I could not let that streak stop when I felt bad a few weeks ago (possibly with Corona) so I made myself walk slowly around the house all day until I hit my 17,000. It was really a struggle for those 4-5 days but I did it. I plan to walk as long as I possibly can and keep on hitting my goals. I feel great since I started doing this and it has greatly reduced the stress in my life and my bloodwork looks MUCH better.

Last edited:

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I was younger I was a runner up until my early 30's and was in excellent shape. A ruptured disc in my lower back stopped that and second ruptured disc at 40 helped to keep me from doing much exercise. I gained weight but not too much up until 2014. From 2014 - 2016 a lot of things happened in my life. My mother passed away followed by a promotion to a much higher stress mostly desk job followed by my baby girl leaving home for college (I have a son 3 years older but he went to the local college so he lived at home when my girl left). My son left in 2016 to move to Houston for a job after graduating from college. I was semi depressed and under a ton of stress at work during this time period and was drinking fairly heavily and eating absolutely terrible. I gained over 60 lbs. and was miserable.

Two things happened that changed my lifestyle significantly. In December 2016 I had my bloodwork done and it was absolutely terrible. I knew I had to do something. Starting in 2017 the company I work for started tying the amount of money they gave for medical deductibles to fitness goals, mainly steps. To track it you had to have a tracker like Fitbit to keep track of the steps. That year the deductibles were tied to a point system so if you and your spouse got at least 7,000 steps per day you got the most points. If a person kept it up daily they could have all of the points by April if they maxed out the steps. My wife got a Fitbit early that year started walking a lot. I held off until March an got one myself. We had our maximum points together by July that year but we kept on walking after that and most days we hit the 7,000 step goal. I lost a few pounds but not too much that first year. In 2018 they raised the goal for maximum points up to 10,000 steps. We already had our Fitbits so we started off getting 10,000 per day and met our goal by April for maximum points but at that time I had started really enjoying the walking and decided I wanted to make the entire 365 day year hitting 10,000 steps so I put my stubbornness to work and made that happen. I lost a lot more weight but still was a little heavy doing 10,000 per day. In 2019 the company did away with the Fitness incentives due to too many employees complaining but by that time I was in the groove walking daily. I kicked the goal up to 12,000 in January and gradually started increasing my steps. By the end of 2019 I was up to 15,000 per day. I had totally quit drinking and was eating much better and lost 50 of the 60 lbs. I had gained.

Starting in January of this year, I kicked my step goal up to 17,000 per day. I have gotten 17,000 steps every day this year so far 7days per week. I said 15,000 in the other post because 17,000 sounds strange. Most days I hit between 18,000 to 20,000 but my goal is still 17,000. I doubt I raise it any more because it can be a chore to get the steps in every single day. Just this past Saturday my wife and I went to Galveston to bring my daughter a few things she forgot when we moved her there on 4th of July weekend to start school. We spent the day with her and I only had around 10,000 steps when we got home around 10:30 PM. I went walking as soon as I got home and got the steps just before midnight.

My wife is still 10,000 per day and she gets that roughly 75% of the time but I stubbornly get my goal every single day. My family knows whatever we do that I have to be able to get my steps in on any given day. Since I had at least 10,000 per day going back 2 1/2 years and 17,000 per day since January I could not let that streak stop when I felt bad a few weeks ago (possibly with Corona) so I made myself walk slowly around the house all day until I hit my 17,000. It was really a struggle for those 4-5 days but I did it. I plan to walk as long as I possibly can and keep on hitting my goals. I feel great since I started doing this and it has greatly reduced the stress in my life and my bloodwork looks MUCH better.

There's a lot wrong with this post. You'd be boring as shit at a party.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

GREAT job amigo, keep it up and never stop. I was in great shape a few years ago, was outperforming 20 year olds in a CrossFit environment, got cocky and lazy and put on 80+ lbs. It feels so daunting, I just keep digging a bigger hole for myself

started walking 10K per day 2 days ago, I hope I can tell a similar story of weight loss this time next year

and what a bummer your company relented to the pressure of their employees, seems they could continue their lazy lifestyle without robbing those who want to take advantage of the company incentive

Top Bottom