SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Whichever half-ass team wins the NFC East is going to be the tallest midget in the league.
My gut tells me it will be Philly,but who knows really.
At this point the consensus seems to be a wild card win for that slippery little scut ain't enough to save his job, but we can't forget Jerry likes to throw curve balls and thinking he's the smartest guy in the room.
Let's also not forget Jerry reads (or somebody reads it for him ) "Dallas Cowboys head coaching spot " every fucking day on several websites and hears it repetively on TV and radio. That's almost as good as Johnny Walker Blue to him, maybe better.
Also no doubt in my mind he still thinks like Lloyd Christmas,
" So you're saying I've still got a chance" and in his mind we're not dead. Spoiler Alert: We are.
I see your point Brief, but Jerry's gonna keep drilling that dry hole until there's nothing left of the drill bit, and firing Garrett a few weeks ago or not extending his contract tomorrow night is virtually the same result, this year is fucked. Keeping Garrett til the bitter end only helps our shithead GM, no one else. And that's why we're doing it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
PFF ranked the Cowboys as the 2nd most talented team in the NFL, right behind the Saints who were ranked #1

I bet Jeruh was excited to hear that

Then he started thinking to himself “so why the fuck don’t we even have a winning record”

I suspect he started wondering that after the Jets game.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
But, I see your actual fear now - that somehow if we find ourselves in the NFC Championship game Jerruh will say, "I told you so" and give his Boy an extension. Your fear is, Garrett still keeps his job somehow and the only way to know for sure he won't is if he is canned immediately. Gee, you could have said that with one paragraph, one post.

okay. i’ll answer it. jason garret is our head coach. what more do we need to see from him?

god forbid we make the playoffs and beat seattle. why even give JG that chance ?

and then JG and JJ will be like ...

Dooms was right, there's no actual reasoning behind your stance, just a fear of the Clapper. Now was that so hard to admit?

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter 3 minutes ago

Cowboys’ WR Randall Cobb, who has 50 catches this season, needs five receptions today against Washington to achieve a $250,000 incentive; he gets $250K for 55 catches this season.

BriefAndToThePoint

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Dooms was right, there's no actual reasoning behind your stance, just a fear of the Clapper. Now was that so hard to admit?

actually there is. JG should not be our head coach. he should’ve been fired.

but it’s xmas.
but it’s not right.
but what if the interim wins?
but what if JJ keeps the interim??

mehhhh he is a bad coach. why is he still coach ? makes zero sense. which shouldn’t surprise me. the dallas cowboys make zero sense. it’s a country club. even the fans are country club types ....

anyway. no big deal. game day.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
First Dez and now AB

These fuckers will sign any ole scrub of a locker cancer
Talk about selling your soul to the devil
Saints are just fine as is no need to bring in that dirt bag and fuck shit up...plus could you imagine them winning it all with that asshat on the roster?...fucktard does not deserve to ever be called a Super Bowl champion...Facebook Live champion maybe!!!

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The infantile idiots of the web wanted heads to roll... The intelligent observers of the web knew it wasn't going to happen. Hoped it wasn't going to happen. The Infantile Idiots wanted Ginger fired and an interim named.

THAT IS EXACTLY HOW WE GOT GARRETT IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU IMBECILES!

That nothing has changed is a GOOD sign, not a bad one. You really want one of these lousy assistants to "breathe life into the team" so Jerry will fall in love with the fuck, and probably decide to keep him? Man, that's stupid.

Garrett likely will NOT be fired, there's no need. Just let him walk, his contract expires after the Redskins game. As does the contracts of many of the coaching staff.

You let them all walk and let your new guy finish cleaning house and bring in his own people. You saddle him with as few people from the old regime as possible. Then you purge this loser roster in the offseason.

This is what I think Jerruh has decided. The experiment didn't work despite long-suffering patience with it. Despite giving the idiot HC as much on-field talent as could be brought to bear. Despite one by one, eliminating as best as possible all excuses. It's over - the houseplant died despite all best efforts to make it flourish. You fucking throw it in the dumpster, let it go to the fucking landfill. Pot and all.
Fuck how I hope beyond hope beyond hope you are right that that senile shit bag has FINALLY seen the proverbial light...there was a report from Matt Mosley who has been covering the Cowboys for awhile now that he feels Jerry is thinking retread (this literally made my head explode!!!!!...no fucken retreads give me something fresh and lets see what happens...maybe after that 63-28 beatdown Riley is like fuck it why not let's give the NFL a shot!!)

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I understand what your saying.

but i fail to see any good reason for keeping Garrett around. not even for one more game

we’re trying to win football games

Put one of the coordinators in and see what happens. we’re not married to him ...

here is a worst case scenario. they get in the playoffs and win a few games. garret is back next year.

just fire the guy already. end it !!!
I felt the same as you and Dooms came over the top and noted the same observations he made to you and I see his point in the sense that none of use can trust Jerry to not get emotional and invested if the interim coach has a modicum of success
As much as I'd love to never ever see Garrett on that sideline again, I'd rather have a dead man walking scenario where players have had enough and won't play for him then get "inspired" by the interim and play well enough to tease us that wow hey we can be that team and that old demented fart bag signs the interim guy to a 5yr contract...that would be one time I'd hope his hand would cramp while signing something!!

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You're still not answering the very question you're bringing up. What are you looking to accomplish by making a change now? Do you think it's going to lead to a deep playoff run this year? That our next hc is already on staff? I don't understand the motivation behind your urgency.

Unless you can see the future and can guarantee that no other team is going to fire their coach after Sunday this statement is outright ridiculous at best.
I think simply is to not have to see Garrett's ugly mug ever again clapping or slapping butts and generally sucking at coaching
I felt the same way a few weeks back but Dooms replied and it made sense just because we can't trust Jerry to make a rational decision if things somehow break our way and we do make that run.
With the way the rest of the phases of our team have been playing really hard to pinpoint any other coach who could construct a game plan for success

BriefAndToThePoint

Cheerleader
Reaction score
I felt the same as you and Dooms came over the top and noted the same observations he made to you and I see his point in the sense that none of use can trust Jerry to not get emotional and invested if the interim coach has a modicum of success
As much as I'd love to never ever see Garrett on that sideline again, I'd rather have a dead man walking scenario where players have had enough and won't play for him then get "inspired" by the interim and play well enough to tease us that wow hey we can be that team and that old demented fart bag signs the interim guy to a 5yr contract...that would be one time I'd hope his hand would cramp while signing something!!

i see it as just another odd decision. kick the can down the road one more week. i mean, what’s one more week? what’s another month without direction ? what’s one dropped pass? one overthrown ball? one bad timerout ? one okay taken off by the stars ? i mean, it’s just one more week .... and on and on and on. no urgency.

who says Jeryy doesn’t go ahead and name one of the coordinators as head coach anyway ?

nauhh. jerry and jason, are praying the Giants win today. they still beleive they can win and get lucky. that’s the atttidue. let’s try and eat lucky. let’s give it one more try with the same ole same ole. (sometimes it’s works)

Just saw a tweet about Jerry asking the players what they think about a new head coach .... ughhhhh

i bet jerry keeps over half the assistant coaches and coordinators. and names some dude looking for a payday.

Garret needed to be fired after the Philly game. just in principal alone. that’s what happens to coaches who keep losing. they get fired. period.

BriefAndToThePoint

Cheerleader
Reaction score
i see it as just another odd decision. kick the can down the road one more week. i mean, what’s one more week? what’s another month without direction ? what’s one dropped pass? one overthrown ball? one bad timerout ? one okay taken off by the stars ? i mean, it’s just one more week .... and on and on and on. no urgency.

who says Jeryy doesn’t go ahead and name one of the coordinators as head coach anyway ?

nauhh. jerry and jason, are praying the Giants win today. they still beleive they can win and get lucky. that’s the atttidue. let’s try and eat lucky. let’s give it one more try with the same ole same ole. (sometimes it’s works)

Just saw a tweet about Jerry asking the players what they think about a new head coach .... ughhhhh

i bet jerry keeps over half the assistant coaches and coordinators. and names some dude looking for a payday.

Garret needed to be fired after the Philly game. just in principal alone. that’s what happens to coaches who keep losing. they get fired. period.

but i have succumbed to the loser mentality like everyone else. it beats you down after 20 years. you forget how to win. and just watch for the drama and the train wreck visuals. jerry gets paid. players get paid. coaches get paid and it is pretty good entertainment.

go team go !!!

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Why didn't we go after Honey Badger? Dude is straight up balling this year.
What am I saying? I completely forgot about Jeff Heath.
And our coaching staff.
Carry on.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Tyron Smith, Antwan Woods, and Byron Jones are all out for today’s game

Too bad Cooper Rush isn’t starting too

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If we win today we will lose about 16-17 spots in the 2020 draft

The absolute worst possible scenario is if we actually win this game and Philly beats the NYG.

Then we lose 17 spots in the draft AND we don’t even make the playoffs and Garrett is STILL the HC for another week

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So the Fudge Packers just kicked a FG with 3 seconds left to win the game and take the #1 seed and a 1st round bye

Top Bottom