Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dallas is favored by 10.5 points, which to me is more of an indication of people overreacting to Dallas still having a chance at a playoff bearth than it is of how each team has played of late. 'skins are 2-3 in their last 5, and the biggest loss of the 3 was 10 points. And as for the Cowboys, well, we know how that's going. Case Keenum's starting at qb, so we don't even have the slight advantage of a rookie who's never played us before.
Yes, Dallas has way more to play for, but they've had that all season and it hasn't mattered so far. In a season full of disappointment, this game will be the topping on a crap sundae. 17-13 Redskins win; the hope that Garrett's coaching tenure ends Monday is the only hope I'm holding on to at this time.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
what a strange season this was. Except for the Detroit game, Dallas blew out their opponent or got beat....

Every.Single.Time

hr2ohqZ.png

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think this team has given up on Garrett finally

I just hope we don’t somehow fuck things up and give the Skins a win when we are trying to lose

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dallas is favored by 10.5 points, which to me is more of an indication of people overreacting to Dallas still having a chance at a playoff bearth than it is of how each team has played of late. 'skins are 2-3 in their last 5, and the biggest loss of the 3 was 10 points. And as for the Cowboys, well, we know how that's going. Case Keenum's starting at qb, so we don't even have the slight advantage of a rookie who's never played us before.
Yes, Dallas has way more to play for, but they've had that all season and it hasn't mattered so far. In a season full of disappointment, this game will be the topping on a crap sundae. 17-13 Redskins win; the hope that Garrett's coaching tenure ends Monday is the only hope I'm holding on to at this time.

The Redskins need to lose to wrap up the #2 overall pick. If they win they could drop all the way to 5th.

They also have quite a few people injured, and the rookie QB had been playing decent for them. He had 5 tds and only 1 pick in the last 3 games, and his last two games he had QB ratings of 121 and 143.

Vegas probably assumes the Skins will put up little effort to win (as it costs them any shot at Chase Young, who almost assuredly will go 2nd overall at worst) and the Cowboys will have no choice but to go all out to win since their game is the same time as Philly's. The Redskins are also very bad defensively.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Vander Esch will have his surgery in a few weeks. The Cowboys had been hoping medically treating his cervical herniation of the disk between the fifth and sixth vertebrae would reduce the swelling. The most recent examination reveals no herniation reduction. Vander Esch will now undergo an anterior cervical discectomy with fusion procedure. This entails removing the herniated disk and using bone from the hip to fuse into the space between the two vertebrae. Typically full recovery takes four months. This is not expected to be career threatening, and know several former Cowboys players underwent this procedure and continued their careers: Daryl Johnston, Rocket Ismail, Chad Hennings and Izell Reese to name a few.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Vegas probably assumes the Skins will put up little effort to win (as it costs them any shot at Chase Young, who almost assuredly will go 2nd overall at worst) and the Cowboys will have no choice but to go all out to win since their game is the same time as Philly's. The Redskins are also very bad defensively.

If that's the case, Vegas thinking to me is flawed. The 'skins could have wrapped up #2 a month ago, but they've been putting quite a bit of effort in for weeks now. And if the Cowboys were going to play all out, they needed to do so last week to avoid being in this position in the first place.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 59 minutes ago
For his return to Seattle, #Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch will make $60,588 in Week 17, plus whatever the playoff share ends up being… plus his share of online sales of “Unfinished business” and “Back in Action” apparel on his website.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If that's the case, Vegas thinking to me is flawed. The 'skins could have wrapped up #2 a month ago, but they've been putting quite a bit of effort in for weeks now. And if the Cowboys were going to play all out, they needed to do so last week to avoid being in this position in the first place.

You also have to remember the goal of Vegas, get people to put equal money on both teams. If people start putting money on the Skins, the line will ove down. If they don't it will move up a little more, unless people are just staying away from the game altogether (which to me is the right move)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a loss if the Eagles won to get better drafting position. But if both us and the Eagles win, it'll just be another shit stain on a bad season.

To me its worse if we win and the Eagles lose. Making the playoffs with this staff is just pure futility, and we'll lose a significant amount of draft position because of it. At least if we both win we'll still be in the top-20 in draft position and wont have the embarrassment of another Garrett playoff failure.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
DLaw the bigmouth, also the highest paid player on the team, has half a sack in his last seven games. You may now return to your cruddy lives.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You also have to remember the goal of Vegas, get people to put equal money on both teams. If people start putting money on the Skins, the line will ove down. If they don't it will move up a little more, unless people are just staying away from the game altogether (which to me is the right move)
Which is why the closest to gambling I get is fantasy football. That can be aggrevating enough without bringing lines and over/unders into it.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter 3 minutes ago

Falcons’ CB Jordan Miller suspended four games for breaking NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.

Top Bottom