BriefAndToThePoint

Cheerleader
Reaction score
I understand what your saying.

but i fail to see any good reason for keeping Garrett around. not even for one more game

we’re trying to win football games

Put one of the coordinators in and see what happens. we’re not married to him ...

here is a worst case scenario. they get in the playoffs and win a few games. garret is back next year.

just fire the guy already. end it !!!

i’ve thought about this. i’ve followed jerry for a long long time now.
Nobody said there was a good reason to keep him until the bitter end. The fucking time to fire his stupid ass this season was after the loss to the New York Jest.

You still want to SALVAGE THE SEASON and it's pointless. It's Homer personified.

So we go on a little roll with one of these useless fucks as interim... History has shown us Jerry REWARDS that!

You want this staff and roster justified. For once, Jerry or someone else in this FO is using a brain cell and knows there's nothing accomplished in throwing the captain of the Titanic overboard after the iceberg has been hit.

The fucking damage is done. Let the rats go down with the sorry ship.

i want the culture to be changed.if you don’t win, you don’t stay. you don’t get to say “it’s a process just wait until next year ”. you don’t get to say we don’t have talent we’re rebuilding...

truth is. Dak had an off day. dak makes just two or three of those throws. we win. that’s how bad philly is right now ...

i’ve watched jerry for a long long time now. you know what he likes more than money and johnny walker ?

he loves it when everybody is telling him something , and he defies the odds , does it his way, and wins. so he can come back and say “kiss my balls eveybody “. that’s what he wants. that’s what he is after. that’s jerry.

it’s no big leap to say that the giants could beat philly , and we beat the redksins, and then beat a weird seattle team at home. against the odds sure, but not crazy to say that. i don’t blame the players for this shitshow. i do think we have enough talent to win.

jerry lives for this attention. he loves being in a corner. and if garrett gives him anything at all so he can tell the entire world to go to hell , jerry is gonna take it.

and JG will be our HC next year.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i want the culture to be changed.if you don’t win, you don’t stay. you don’t get to say “it’s a process just wait until next year ”. you don’t get to say we don’t have talent we’re rebuilding...

truth is. Dak had an off day. dak makes just two or three of those throws. we win. that’s how bad philly is right now ...

i’ve watched jerry for a long long time now. you know what he likes more than money and johnny walker ?

he loves it when everybody is telling him something , and he defies the odds , does it his way, and wins. so he can come back and say “kiss my balls eveybody “. that’s what he wants. that’s what he is after. that’s jerry.

it’s no big leap to say that the giants could beat philly , and we beat the redksins, and then beat a weird seattle team at home. against the odds sure, but not crazy to say that. i don’t blame the players for this shitshow. i do think we have enough talent to win.

jerry lives for this attention. he loves being in a corner. and if garrett gives him anything at all so he can tell the entire world to go to hell , jerry is gonna take it.
ok
source.gif

im done w you pal
source.gif

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
dak makes just two or three of those throws. we win.
Or has about four fewer drops?
and if garrett gives him anything at all so he can tell the entire world to go to hell , jerry is gonna take it.

Jerry didn't extend Ginger for a very good reason - barring a SB win he is gone, because good ole Al Davis taught him that the lifespan of any coach is 10 years.

But, I see your actual fear now - that somehow if we find ourselves in the NFC Championship game Jerruh will say, "I told you so" and give his Boy an extension. Your fear is, Garrett still keeps his job somehow and the only way to know for sure he won't is if he is canned immediately. Gee, you could have said that with one paragraph, one post.

Well, Jerry's not going to fire him - now or ever. He'll just not renew his contract and start a search for a new HC. Grownups have to accept that.

Here's my prediction for Sunday by the way - in the most pathetic way possible, we lose out. Both we and the EGals lose, backing Philadelphia into the playoffs. No NFC Least team is gonna win its way into the tournament this year. That's how pathetic this division is.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I haven't looked, but if its still 10.5 it means either the money is about the same or nobody is betting the game.
Hasn't changed from I can see. Either there's more smart people out there than I thought or all the idiots are too broke to bet.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Redskins said Haskins is out and Cowboys say Byron Jones in a walking boot and probably out so I guess Case Keenum will be in charge of shredding our secondary.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Redskins said Haskins is out and Cowboys say Byron Jones in a walking boot and probably out so I guess Case Keenum will be in charge of shredding our secondary.
Their starting RB is back and healthy for the first time in awhile. Get ready for us to give up 170 yards and 3 TDs to him.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
ok
source.gif

im done w you pal
source.gif

dude, he's right!

jeri loves the limelight and comfortable environment above all and I have no doubt he's looking for the slightest of excuses to bring Garrett back

and I think jeri's stubbornness and lack of belief in "experts" stems from the fact the experts told him to give up drilling for oil & gas in Arkansas in the 80's, he blew them off and hit a gusher that allowed him to make enough $$ to buy the Cowboys

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Here's my prediction for Sunday by the way - in the most pathetic way possible, we lose out. Both we and the EGals lose, backing Philadelphia into the playoffs. No NFC Least team is gonna win its way into the tournament this year. That's how pathetic this division is.

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
yeah you’re right. let’s just base all our decisions in the mind frame that it will be the wrong decision and that we can’t undo bad decision. becuae hell, once you got a HC you can’t fire him either.

let’s play “safe” and kick field goals. punt and be safe. and hold good press conference and just keep doing what we’re doinrhg. don’t do anything. rash now ....don’t change anything.
You're operating under a grossly mistaken assumption. You seem to believe that making a change at this point can bring an improvement to this team and this season. It won't. IF there was any hope in hell of something of that nature lighting a fire under this team, it would have been around the time of the Jets debacle.
Firing Garrett would only mean that he got fired instead of a "mutual parting". Interim coach? All of these putzes deserve to be around about as much as Garrett does, so one of them taking over would only be an extension of Garrett's futility.
At this point, making the playoffs this season or not doesn't make a bit of difference for this team's future. And no, the future cannot be now. The future for this team can only happen once this season is over and ALL the trash is taken out. It's all treading water until that point.

Jerseycowboysfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Here we are boys .. the last regular season game for beloved Dallas Cowboys. On the docket, the Washington Foreskins . I gotta say I would actually feel more comfortable with Haskins playing rather than Keenum. It’s going to be a shootout . Keenum is gonna light our secondary up without Byron Jones. Awuzie is gonna get smoked for at lest 150 yds and 2tds, this fuckin guy has been getting toasted all year .GET HIM SOME FUCKIN BUTTA . I think Lewis will hold is own . Dak goes for 350+ and 3 tds. I think we get a sneaky special team or defensive Td. All in all cowboys win , 35-31 . As for the She-gulls I think they struggle all day against the smurfs but score late to once again deliver a kick in da nuts for us cowboys fans .
All in all a dumpster fire of a fuckin season will be over and 10 years of this ginger piece of shit fire crotch will be gone with it. Nothing but great things to look forward to in the next few years if Jerry plays it right . But knowing him he’s just gonna play with himself . JERKOFF JERRY!!!!!

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Its only 3 days until Black Monday

It’s like Black Friday

Only with less Garretts

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm thinking Dodger will approve this thread.

by Brendan "Dodger" Semon 17 hours ago

With the amount of talent on the Dallas Cowboys roster in 2019, there’s no way they should look as bad as they have — but who exactly is to blame?
The Dallas Cowboys easily have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL, featuring one of the more dominant offensive lines of the decade and a running back in Ezekiel Elliott who is simply sensational.

Yet, after their recent defeat to the rival Philadelphia Eagles, it’s appalling the Cowboys are no 7-8 and are now no longer a perceived threat in the NFC, even if they can still back into winning the division.

In addition to a ridiculous overall record, they are 1-6 against teams that are above .500 in the standings (teams who have an equal or greater amount of wins as they do losses). Leading into their Week 16 matchup against the Eagles, they decimated the red-hot Los Angeles Rams, 44-21.

Rather than give Dallas confidence and momentum heading into their important game against the Eagles, they were pathetic as their receivers dropped six passes as the Cowboys went on to lose, 17-9, without scoring a single touchdown in one of their biggest matchups of the 2019 season.

As this season is coming to an end, it’s the time of year where players and staff members in the NFL begin to point fingers and take the fall for their lack of success. Below are the three people who are the most to blame for the failure of the Cowboys in 2019.

Dak Prescott
The fourth-year quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys has faced his fair share of criticism in 2019 as he is in a contract year and is yet to receive an extension from the franchise.

Statistically, Prescott is having one of his best seasons since entering the league in 2016. His completion percentage is the second-lowest of his career at 64.8 percent, throwing 365 completions on 563 pass attempts for 4,599 yards, 26 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.

What those numbers don’t show, however, are the ugly incompletions that he’s throwing to wide-open receivers downfield. Prescott is constantly missing his receivers by throwing it ahead of them or behind them.

For a player who was once expected to become the highest-paid quarterback in the NFL, many are beginning to question if Dak Prescott should even be the Cowboys’ franchise quarterback for the future.

Jason Garrett
Over the past few seasons, there may not be a head coach in the NFL that is ridiculed more than Jason Garrett. His passive game-planning and infamous innate ability to somehow lose every single game that matters are some of the reasons as to why Garrett is on the verge of being voted off the island.

Garrett is given more tools on offense and defense than any coach could ever dream of. And yet, the Cowboys are constantly losing important games that undermine their legitimacy in the conversation for best teams in the NFL.

As Dallas is anticipated to miss the playoffs following their loss to the Eagle is Week 16, it’s highly questionable that Garrett will come back in the spring for another season as the head coach. The missed opportunity of not taking advantage of a weakened division in 2019 will likely be the final nail in the coffin in Garrett’s tenure with Dallas.

Jerry Jones
Jerry Jones is the least likely variable in this argument. However, it should be analyzed regardless. The long-time owner and face of the Dallas Cowboys is running a diabolical regime behind closed doors. Jones is by no means purposely lose games. He is a businessman and wants to win by every means necessary in order to increase revenue and achieve a high status for his franchise.

On the contrary, Jones has refused to release Garrett as he is able to manipulate him and command the team via pulling strings, similar to a puppet. This ignorance and refusal to put aside his controlling behavior is one of the sole reasons as to why Dallas is a losing city as of late.

Rather than allow a coach with valued credentials and a winning gameplan that will translate to on-field success for the franchise, Jones would rather have a coach that he has total influence over and is able to control the team at every level.

Top Bottom