dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We should have recognized right away what they were focusing on and got POLLARD in a lot bigger role a lot earlier. That's what real coaches do.

The one run play he had, he got crushed behind the LOS

For a lot of the game the pass protection was pretty good, although the wheels started coming off that late in the game.

The run blocking was 100% garbage the entire game. We never adjusted and barely had any "wins" up front. They just collectively got whipped badly, and the Vikes didn't even have their best run stopping DT.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Zimmer played Garrett there at the end. We're raping them through the air, and he doesn't use any of his timeouts. Saying, "I trust my guys. You're not gonna score." And his guys responded as Ginger folded like a cheap wicker chair.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The one run play he had, he got crushed behind the LOS
Because it was a stupid, telegraphed, quick-toss with NO lead blocker.

Gee, you bring your fast nifty guy in, of course you're gonna try to get him outside quickly. They won't see THAT coming!

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
No doubt. Vikes completely sold out to stop Zeke all game and never relented on it, despite getting carved up by Prescott.

And Ginger Snap played right into it.
1st down:"They won't be expecting us to run."
2nd down: "They sure won't be expecting us to run again"
3rd down: "What if we throw it to Zeke?"
4th down: "Well, we gotta throw in the end zone now"
Our best offensive weapons in this game didn't touch the ball on the last 4 plays in that drive.
Dooms was right, Gutless Garrett strikes again.
And I agree with BB as well, if you just gotta run, let Dak have a go. He's a big strong guy, and might have done better there, especially with a fake pitch or handoff.
And I can't even with whatever the fuck anyone was thinking on the fair catch and a couple of short outs after we forced the punt.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Garrett should have been in politics; his press conferences do as good a job of not saying jack shit as any coach in history.
It's that Ivy League garbagespeak. Word salad. Like we had from Obama for eight years.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I was at a loss on that series. A real head scratcher.
Ginger the coward wanted to use up all the time. He didn't trust his defense and had visions of Aaron Rodgers in his head. Somehow consfusing Their QB with Rodgers. Assumed we would score and didn't want to score too fast. Playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Why wasn't Dak running tonight? How about on the goal line? A bootleg?
They don't want him hurt. I told you guys this three years ago. They would forbid him to run except when the defense is expecting it.

Top Bottom