Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We have the top ranked offense in the league, and the 6th best defense. According to the graphic. And does anyone here really have an ounce of confidence we will beat the Vikes?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We went up one spot to #12 in the power rankings. Here's what Todd Archer says:

The Cowboys simply can't take the ball away enough, even factoring in the three turnovers they caused Monday night against the Giants. The only team with fewer interceptions and a winning record is New Orleans, but there can be only one exception to a rule. This isn't simply a 2019 problem. It has been an issue for years. Because of the lack of takeaways, the offense has to drive the length of the field far too many times. It rarely gets easy points. New England leads the NFL with 19 interceptions. After Monday's game against the Giants, the Cowboys have only 23 interceptions in their past 36 games.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
our first chance to beat a team with a winning record

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Due to geography, the Vikings are the one team that's always on my tv every week, so I've got more than a few ideas on how this could go...

When Dallas has the ball, it's not establishing the run, it's maintaining the run. It could be slow going at first, but the Dallas offense will eventually be able to do what it wants as long as they don't panic after the first couple of series and throw everything out like they did against the Packers. Feed Zeke, and make confident, consistent throws, especially downfield. Xavier Rhodes almost always makes at least one stupid pass interference penalty lately, so don't be afraid to give Cooper and/or Gallup a shot at him. It's a good defense, but the only player that might need special attention is S Harrison Smith. He's exactly the kind of safety we've been wishing for years, the dude can make plays.

When Minnesota has the ball, the key will be in the trenches. The Vikings offensive line sucks big time; I've trashed them to every Vikings fan I work with and not a single one can defend them. G Pat Elflein, in particular, has been spiraling the last couple of weeks. Their fans make the same face watching him block as we do when Maher lines up to kick. If their line can't contain and our back seven can cover Cousins will have issues. Diggs can be taken out, Kansas City did it to perfection. And with no Theilen the only one who can't be completely stopped is Dalvin Cook, but he can be contained. I let the injuries he had the first couple of years blind me to just how good he is.

My perceived bottom line: The first half will be tight and ugly. Second half after a Vikings turnover a drive will get extended on a third down pi against Rhodes. Once Dallas scores on that drive the floodgates will open. Final score Dallas 34 Minnesota 19.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We have the top ranked offense in the league, and the 6th best defense. According to the graphic. And does anyone here really have an ounce of confidence we will beat the Vikes?

They certainly wont win if they play the way they did the other night. They need a solid 60 mins against the Vikes.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You fucken' better believe it...might I remind who their QB is?
We own him and he crumbles in prime time
He'll give us a couple, just need to do something with them

kwcoolk619

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Due to geography, the Vikings are the one team that's always on my tv every week, so I've got more than a few ideas on how this could go...

When Dallas has the ball, it's not establishing the run, it's maintaining the run. It could be slow going at first, but the Dallas offense will eventually be able to do what it wants as long as they don't panic after the first couple of series and throw everything out like they did against the Packers. Feed Zeke, and make confident, consistent throws, especially downfield. Xavier Rhodes almost always makes at least one stupid pass interference penalty lately, so don't be afraid to give Cooper and/or Gallup a shot at him. It's a good defense, but the only player that might need special attention is S Harrison Smith. He's exactly the kind of safety we've been wishing for years, the dude can make plays.

When Minnesota has the ball, the key will be in the trenches. The Vikings offensive line sucks big time; I've trashed them to every Vikings fan I work with and not a single one can defend them. G Pat Elflein, in particular, has been spiraling the last couple of weeks. Their fans make the same face watching him block as we do when Maher lines up to kick. If their line can't contain and our back seven can cover Cousins will have issues. Diggs can be taken out, Kansas City did it to perfection. And with no Theilen the only one who can't be completely stopped is Dalvin Cook, but he can be contained. I let the injuries he had the first couple of years blind me to just how good he is.

My perceived bottom line: The first half will be tight and ugly. Second half after a Vikings turnover a drive will get extended on a third down pi against Rhodes. Once Dallas scores on that drive the floodgates will open. Final score Dallas 34 Minnesota 19.
Also, if I may add, we can not go sideline to sideline on the Vikes D. Barr and Kendricks are quick like Jaylon and LVE. Jet sweeps may not work. Attack the middle of the field. Against the Chiefs, Matt Moore had success going to the middle of the field. Our TEs need to step up on those 7 to 10 yard routes.

kwcoolk619

Practice Squad
Reaction score

Also, if I may add, we can not go sideline to sideline on the Vikes D. Barr and Kendricks are quick like Jaylon and LVE. Jet sweeps may not work. Attack the middle of the field. Against the Chiefs, Matt Moore had success going to the middle of the field. Our TEs need to step up on those 7 to 10 yard routes.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Cooper had an MRI on his knee this morning that he tweaked during the NYG game. He was able to come back in after the injury and score that long TD during the game.

He didn’t say what was wrong with his knee but he described it as manageable.

So far he’s had and injured foot for most of the season, a thigh bruise, and now a knee issue

Imagine what he could do if he was actually healthy

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Watching this Chargers-Raiders game. The league wants to protect the quarterback. All part of the overall strategy to increase offense and therefore, excitement. They want the games to be track meets basically, with basketball scores. Real football isn't appealing enough so they pussify the game in the name of safety and entertainment.

Ok then. Why the fuck, all these ticky-tacky holding calls that aren't even holding? These offensive linemen are trying to protect the fucking quarterback! They're not outright bear-hugging dudes or tackling them. 10 yard holding penalties kill drives. There's already been three silly ones tonight. Keep the hanky in your fucking pocket unless the holding is blatant and egregious! Damn!

/rant

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They are quick, but neither hits all parts of the field the way Jaylon and LVE do. Kendricks can be fooled on certain plays, and Barr's biggest plays usually involve going after the quarterback.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Where does the HC rank? The answer is I dont have an ounce of confidence, no I do NOT. Not making my pick now, have only missed the Jets game so far, but I would never bet a nickle on any game where Kirk Cousins was my starting QB. Just not a fan, now watch him go off for 4 TD passes.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Watching this Chargers-Raiders game. The league wants to protect the quarterback. All part of the overall strategy to increase offense and therefore, excitement.

/rant

If the league wanted to increase the offense and therefore excitement, they would find 32 QBs that can play, 32 coaches that can coach, and 32 sets of O Lines that can block. Now that much pure talent probably doesnt exist but they should try finding it first, since it beats whistle every 30 seconds.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think that's the first time I remember hearing Ekeler's name this half. There was a lot of debate about how big a role he'd keep once Gordon was back in the groove of things. Guess we have an answer...

Top Bottom