Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The thing y'all ain't seeing is, Jerruh and Stevie blame THEMSELVES, not Ginger. So the meetings have been "what do you need, my little son we raised from a pup, to get this straight? New staff? Can do. Control over your own fate? Can do."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm sure there's genuine interest. But at this point it's a fair assumption Garrett is staying as HC. So if true, McCarthy ain't interviewing for GM or HC. How bout Assistant HC in charge of the offense?

They are interviewing McCarthy for the HC job, get over it. Everyone in the media and the people that cover the team have all said so.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The thing y'all ain't seeing is, Jerruh and Stevie blame THEMSELVES, not Ginger. So the meetings have been "what do you need, my little son we raised from a pup, to get this straight? New staff? Can do. Control over your own fate? Can do."
Fuck you really think so?
As much as I hate Jerry I have to say as a GM, whether on his own or not, he has brought talent to the organization so I'd be hard pressed to believe they think that (unless of course there was sarcasm involved and I missed it!)
I'm on the conspiracy theory that they are trying to keep Garrett in house in some other role but my guess is Garrett would rather coach
Just heard too that Garrett wanted to call the plays since he wasn't getting an extension last year and Jerry said no...not sure what to make of that but doesn't sound like Jerry even remotely wanted him to succeed by giving him Helen

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Um, the head coach hires coordinators. Unless McCarthy is the guy and he wants Lewis, this makes no sense.

I thought it was a little more than a coincidence that Lewis and McCarthy were essentially here at the same time, perhaps McCarthy did tell the Jones' he'd like to consider Lewis as DC.

That said, if they are going the college route (especially if its Riley or Rhule) I could see them wanting either of those coaches to have a proven NFL defensive guy on the staff so they could focus on the offense and the big picture of the team. Riley has no NFL exp and Rhule has only 1 yr as an assistant OL coach. Urban Meyer has enough skins on the wall that he could probably make his own call there, but he also probably has a far more extensive contact list (college or pro) than Riley or Rhule does.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He'll still be under contract, but if we hire an offensive minded coach, I don't think whoever that would be (Riley, McCarthy, etc) would want Moore around.

I think the only way Moore stays is if someone like Chris Petersen is hired as HC (his former college coach, so he knows what Petersen wants to run in terms of a system). Outside chance he could remain on the staff for someone like Riley or Meyer too I think, although if Riley is HC then Moore wouldnt be calling plays.

There was already a rumor the other day that Washington (Huskies) want Moore to join their staff too.

Last edited:

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I was listening to one of the Cowboys podcasts today and they had some fool call in that got all wound up saying how much he loved Garrett and that ppl need to give him another chance

He sounded almost in tears

I mean WTF????

I just don’t see how anyone can be on the Jason Garrett bandwagon anymore

Maybe when he first got here, but after almost a decade of mediocrity he has clearly shown us all he has. Keeping him around will only produce the same results

He is the longest tenured coach who has never been to a SB, let alone win one
There was a similar thread at the Zone stating the same thing and they outlines 6 points as to why Garrett actually hasn't been that bad...even if you truly believe it jesus fucken christ after 10yrs don't you want something different?...we all loved (pick a tv show) but at some point it ends and thats ok because another show comes along and you like that one now...
As soon as that imbecile uttered anything remotely endorsing Garrett they should have cut him off!!

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
He'll stay on the staff even if we hire an offensive mind. Jerry loves him like he loved a young JG back in the day.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So we have interviewed Mike McCarthy and Marvin fucking Lewis

Where the hell is Jeff Fishers interview?

He would be about as smart a hire as Lewis. At least we could count on not having a drop off in performance by going 8-8 for another decade with either one of them.

I think Lewis is a far better coach than Fisher is.

That said, Lewis satisfies the Rooney rule (which Fisher doesnt) and Lewis also might be someone else's DC here, and Fisher wont be considered for that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He'll stay on the staff even if we hire an offensive mind. Jerry loves him like he loved a young JG back in the day.

I doubt he ends up staying here, but if he does it could also be about Prescott wanting him as well. Remember that when we went through this OC thing last yr Prescott really got behind Moore as OC.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I saw yesterday where Rivera was targeting Del Rio... It was kind of confusing, I never considered him much of a coach let alone any kind of defensive guru.
Let the Foreskins dysfunction continue then...

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think the only way Moore stays is if someone like Chris Petersen is hried as HC (his former college coach, so he knows what Petersen wants to run in terms of a system). Outside chance he could remain on the staff for someone like Riley or Meyer too I think, although if Riley is HC then Moore wouldnt be calling plays.

There was already a rumor the other day that Washington (Huskies) want Moore to join their staff too.
Bye bye Helen...

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Fuck you really think so?
As much as I hate Jerry I have to say as a GM, whether on his own or not, he has brought talent to the organization so I'd be hard pressed to believe they think that (unless of course there was sarcasm involved and I missed it!)
I'm on the conspiracy theory that they are trying to keep Garrett in house in some other role but my guess is Garrett would rather coach
Just heard too that Garrett wanted to call the plays since he wasn't getting an extension last year and Jerry said no...not sure what to make of that but doesn't sound like Jerry even remotely wanted him to succeed by giving him Helen
Garrett saved his job in the postgame presser last week, when a reporter asked him "what would you like to do now?"

Garrett displayed his LOYALTY TO JERRY when he said, "I want to be head coach of the Dallas Cowboys."

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score

Cowherd thinks Jerry doesn't have the nads/guts to pull the trigger on Meyer as that would intrude too much on his ego which we know is the real issue...fuck I hope he's wrong
This is the perfect storm for Meyer as a job like this does not come around very often (like Florida, like Ohio State)...high profile with talent and a chance to make his mark on the NFL

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Here is Werder's original tweet:

Keep in mind Werder says "expected" and not "this is happening" unlike the other articles are saying. So in reality, this isn't the bomb that people are acting like it is. Considering what Fisher and Slater reported earlier today about Garrett likely to not be in the front office, that isn't newsworthy either. To me this is the interesting tweet from Werder:

The question to me is, who are the candidates they most desire?

I would tend to agree with this...I think they've reached out to whomever they are thinking about bringing in and may have some back door agreement already in place...I'm actually ok with this as I'm not interested in Rivera, McCarthy, McDaniel etc...

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hey bucko know your place. Unless I decide to vacate the throne as official GROZ President, Founder and CEO you can't just weasel your way into that spot.

We can discuss making you VP or perhaps some other official role.
Are these the same discussions Garrett is having with the Jones? lol

Top Bottom