Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I heard today that the interview with Lewis was not his first, but it was actually his second interview!!

That has me worried

I’m feeling that impending doom feeling again

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Since Brady is a FA and let's say he doesn't stay in NE could Belichik be lured away?

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Garrett displayed his LOYALTY TO JERRY when he said, "I want to be head coach of the Dallas Cowboys."

This is the first Jerry is going to want to hear in interviews. If (insert candidate here) doesn't say that? They likely won't be hired.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Cowherd thinks Jerry doesn't have the nads/guts to pull the trigger on Meyer as that would intrude too much on his ego which we know is the real issue...fuck I hope he's wrong
This is the perfect storm for Meyer as a job like this does not come around very often (like Florida, like Ohio State)...high profile with talent and a chance to make his mark on the NFL

The trick is going to be how much power and influence can be negotiated between Jerry and Urban. If that can be settled? Urban will be the coach. If not? Urban won't be the coach.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think Lewis is a far better coach than Fisher is.

That said, Lewis satisfies the Rooney rule (which Fisher doesnt) and Lewis also might be someone else's DC here, and Fisher wont be considered for that.

My concern is that it was his second interview with the Joneses. So it’s gone past satisfying the Rooney Rule

I do not want anything to do with Lewis as our HC

I wouldn’t even want him as a coordinator

He has a worse fucking record than Garrett

.518 regular season
.00000000000000 or in other words 0-7 in the post season

And before someone brings up that he was named the Coach of the Year....
So was Garrett! It don’t mean shit!

We have had 2+ decades of mediocrity. The last fucking thing I want is a HC with a worse record than Garrett

I’m done kicking this can down the road and hoping next year, or in this case, next decade is our decade

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Since Brady is a FA and let's say he doesn't stay in NE could Belichik be lured away?

I just talked to a buddy who is in Boston and goes to a bunch of the Pats games including a few this season

He was in one of the luxury boxes and heard talk that Belichick and Brady could be lured to Dallas after this season

We sure aren’t hearing that shit here. But apparently it’s being talked about in Boston

Which is just fucking weird to me and makes zero sense

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Correction

The talk was that Belichick would leave, McDaniels would be promoted to keep the same system in place for Brady so they could try to continue the Dynasty. This makes much more sense than Brady going to another team.

Then Belichick could be lured away by Jerry.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

not a chance in hell

(I'd be thrilled if you got to quote this back at me in the crazy future where I'm proven wrong)

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Belichick is only concerned with passing don shula for most wins and making sure his son (DC steve belichick) is comfortable before he leaves

Maybe win a few games without brady

Now way belichick comes to dallas.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Correction

The talk was that Belichick would leave, McDaniels would be promoted to keep the same system in place for Brady so they could try to continue the Dynasty. This makes much more sense than Brady going to another team.

Then Belichick could be lured away by Jerry.

I think we're seeing the beginning of the end of the Brady/Belichick dynasty, and who knows what Bill will do at any time.
But I really don't see him coaching anywhere else.
Dude has all the skins, and if he bails on the Pats, the networks would back up dump trucks of money to have on the pregame shows and such.
Of course he'd mumble about getting handjobs with Kraft and try to bang the cute interns and/or the co-hosts wives, but everyone would just keep sticking a mic in his face and nodding sagely.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hopefully Brady is so fed up with everything and pissed about his pick six to clinch the game for the Titans that he retires tomorrow morning

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Witten stuff is b/s, he might get some looks to be a TE coach or some other type of offensive assistant but he isn't going to be a HC anytime soon.

In regards to Campbell, obviously he is considered a "Parcells" guy and has been on Sean Payton's staff in New Orleans as Asst HC and TE coach for several years. He did do ok as the Dolphins interim HC as well. Not one of my top choices, but if he hires the right staff around him he'd probably be an improvement over Garrett from day one. I kinds wonder if he might have interest in Joe Brady as OC since they both working together under Payton.

I don't want a QB who will be completely dependent on his staff, ala Garrett. We can get that with any high school coach and he'd be an instant upgrade over Garrett. No thanks. I want a guy who is accomplished on one side of the ball and is an alpha male.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey bucko know your place. Unless I decide to vacate the throne as official GROZ President, Founder and CEO you can't just weasel your way into that spot.

We can discuss making you VP or perhaps some other official role.

I'm good with being VP and I'm way past my prime. But if you continue to go homer and excuse ineptitude, I'll be on you like white on rice.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
My concern is that it was his second interview with the Joneses. So it’s gone past satisfying the Rooney Rule

I do not want anything to do with Lewis as our HC

I wouldn’t even want him as a coordinator

He has a worse fucking record than Garrett

.518 regular season
.00000000000000 or in other words 0-7 in the post season

And before someone brings up that he was named the Coach of the Year....
So was Garrett! It don’t mean shit!

We have had 2+ decades of mediocrity. The last fucking thing I want is a HC with a worse record than Garrett

I’m done kicking this can down the road and hoping next year, or in this case, next decade is our decade

Where did you get the idea this was Lewis' 2nd interview?

And the guy can flat out coach defense, he was Baltimore DC for several years, incl the Super Bowl Champ team that had one of the most dominating defenses in league history.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm good with being VP and I'm way past my prime. But if you continue to go homer and excuse ineptitude, I'll be on you like white on rice.

We've already established that after years of suffering, I am entitled to a homer grace period for the new hire. It will be full homer mode too, legendary stuff.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I heard today that the interview with Lewis was not his first, but it was actually his second interview!!

That has me worried

I’m feeling that impending doom feeling again

Where did you hear this? Nobody that I can find reporting on this has said anything like this.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
IdiotZoners have been shitting all over a potential McCarthy hire, saying its an indictment of his poor coaching that he "only" won one super bowl with a QB like Rodgers.

Top Bottom