Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Since Brady is a FA and let's say he doesn't stay in NE could Belichik be lured away?

IMO both scenarios, are extremely unlikely. Brady, play for another team and completely different system and coach at 43 years old? Unless the Patriots don't want to resign him, I don't see that happening.

Belichick is not only the coach, but I think he's pretty much the De Facto GM. See the problem there?

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hopefully Brady is so fed up with everything and pissed about his pick six to clinch the game for the Titans that he retires tomorrow morning

Guys like Brady as a result. They use that and criticism as motivation. To do what people think you no longer can do. It's been a long time since he's been in that position. Expect him to be back next year.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
IdiotZoners have been shitting all over a potential McCarthy hire, saying its an indictment of his poor coaching that he "only" won one super bowl with a QB like Rodgers.

Yeah, all the while propping up Garrett. Fucktards.

McCarthy doesn't come without flaws but he's infinitely better than Garrett. Unfortunately for him, his prima dona QB turned on him.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Guys like Brady as a result. They use that and criticism as motivation. To do what people think you no longer can do. It's been a long time since he's been in that position. Expect him to be back next year.

I think you're right. Guys like Brady are wired different and he won't want to leave on such a sour note, especially a pick 6 as one of his final throws. But NE also lacks offensive talent. Brady carried that team.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
As long as the new guy doesn't clap, chest bump, or come up with insipid slogans like "drive," I'll be happy.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
LOL I wonder how these "interviews" go?

I can just imagine Jerry & spawn doing most of the talking while showing off all their facilities, the helicopter, the boat & plane, talking about "his" 3 super bowls, his custom made "GM mirror" he looks into when things get "really tough":

X6Ne8J9.jpg

explains the time he got his credit card cut up, shows off his GM jacket with the mustard stain you cant really see but "Oh man, WhatAburger!", shows them the "Coaches Corner" aka his potential orifice office where all his head coaches reside until jeri decides what they can say or do next.

and when they finally get around to asking questions, it starts with:

Anyway, how do you feel about castration?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Where did you get the idea this was Lewis' 2nd interview?

And the guy can flat out coach defense, he was Baltimore DC for several years, incl the Super Bowl Champ team that had one of the most dominating defenses in league history.

It was reported on my local news radio station

And Lewis can flat out coach this team to .500!

That is what he has proven.

No thanks, been there and sure fuck have done that for over 24 years now!

I don’t give two shits about what he did last century. What he has proven most recently is that he is no better than Garrett! He has ZERO playoff win. He has been to the playoffs 7 times and lost them all. Fuck that!

I have ZERO interest in Garrett’s brother from another mother with a worse winning percentage than Garrett being involved in this team in any way

Mediocrity is a team cancer that this team has suffered from for 2+ decades. We don’t need more of the same bullshit on this team. We need an absolute and complete culture change. And Lewis is not that, not in the least.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jeruh Jones is doin Garrett Dez style and dragging this shit out till there are no coaching jobs left to be had, then he will make his announcement

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Correction

The talk was that Belichick would leave, McDaniels would be promoted to keep the same system in place for Brady so they could try to continue the Dynasty. This makes much more sense than Brady going to another team.

Then Belichick could be lured away by Jerry.
So your saying there's a chance!!!!!
And with the way Kraft overruled Belichik on the Garropolo trade in favor of Brady I think he might be ready for something new especially seeing how Brady has "regressed" this year and how well Garropolo is playing...I think if Garropolo was the QB now he'd definitely stay

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
not a chance in hell

(I'd be thrilled if you got to quote this back at me in the crazy future where I'm proven wrong)
Yim man I will hold you to it and would be thrilled to throw it right back in your face!!!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
On the other hand, Mike McCarthy DID stay on a 2nd day (today) and is continuing meetings with the Cowboys, per Jay Glazer it was because "yesterday went so well"

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
On the other hand, Mike McCarthy DID stay on a 2nd day (today) and is continuing meetings with the Cowboys, per Jay Glazer it was because "yesterday went so well"
I feel like he'll have a chip on his shoulder too, no matter where he winds up.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It was reported on my local news radio station

And Lewis can flat out coach this team to .500!

That is what he has proven.

No thanks, been there and sure fuck have done that for over 24 years now!

I don’t give two shits about what he did last century. What he has proven most recently is that he is no better than Garrett! He has ZERO playoff win. He has been to the playoffs 7 times and lost them all. Fuck that!

I have ZERO interest in Garrett’s brother from another mother with a worse winning percentage than Garrett being involved in this team in any way

Mediocrity is a team cancer that this team has suffered from for 2+ decades. We don’t need more of the same bullshit on this team. We need an absolute and complete culture change. And Lewis is not that, not in the least.

Chill out with the Zoner-like over-reaction. Lewis was interviewed to satisfy the Rooney rule and potentially gauge interest as a DC candidate for another HC.

They arnt hiring Lewis as HC, especially after he has told everyone now that Hue Jackson MUST be his OC.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Chill out with the Zoner-like over-reaction. Lewis was interviewed to satisfy the Rooney rule and potentially gauge interest as a DC candidate for another HC.

They arnt hiring Lewis as HC, especially after he has told everyone now that Hue Jackson MUST be his OC.
Yeah, he's not gonna be a guy who has his pick of HC jobs.

Top Bottom