Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Just watched rich gosselin say on sportsday on air that we are close to where we want to be and that spears and free on june 1st would make it ok.

he also said they can sign a veteran like clabo or Winston if they want to right now because all they will need is 3.5 to cover the draft.

then mentioned that they can clear a bunch when they rework spencer, although he is claiming they will not do this because they are worried he will not be as effective at end as he was at OLB...so they don't want to be stuck with a a long term deal.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Everyone hates Jerry but it does get old when peeps are like "we mismanaged the cap oh no we can't sign anyone" then we sign three people, then people are like "we mismanaged the cap why can't we sign EVERYONE?" And its just like come on guys, learn something so you stop saying the same wrong stuff over and over.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm so sick and tired of signing castoff lineman every year.

Why don't we learn how to draft lineman FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Everyone hates Jerry but it does get old when peeps are like "we mismanaged the cap oh no we can't sign anyone" then we sign three people, then people are like "we mismanaged the cap why can't we sign EVERYONE?" And its just like come on guys, learn something so you stop saying the same wrong stuff over and over.

I listened to gosselin on with norm this morning.

The guy never fails to amaze with his nonsense. He said the cowboys do nothing but extend players in there 30's. who?

Show me one team that wouldn't keep witten, ware or romo. hatcher signed a team friendly deal.

Then he said everyone else is cutting their 30 year old players and Dallas never does, yet we just cut Coleman, spears...last year Newman, brooking, kosier....gurode, columbo before that.

These guys throw that shit around because people like norm don't call him on his bs.

He started in on romo and said romo has had no success and how flacco has played three title games and won a Super Bowl. Gee, I thought the ravens and the immortal leader were led by Lewis and reed and built by newsome....apparently in this context flacco is solely responsible in order to bag on romo.

And I could swear I remember him last year calling flacco a bus driver who won't eat another deal because he was the thing holding them back in those title games....funny stuff.

It's like saying aikman was amazing in 92-95 but he stunk the rest of his career when he only won one playoff game in 96 against a lousy Vikings team. No dumbass the team was not as talented and nit coached as well.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Your opinion of the Tony Romo contract:

Rick Gosselin:
Unbelievable. I thought he would max out and he would get $90 million dollars. I didn't think he was a $100 million quarterback, given his age and his lack of success. He got more guaranteed money than Flacco, who's been to three title games in the last five years and won a Super Bowl, Super Bowl MVP in fact. His money was double what Tom Brady got and Tony Romo's won one playoff game. But, again, the Cowboys painted themselves into this corner. They've not prepared for a future without Romo. They don't draft quarterbacks. There's no Plan B. There's no heir apparent. So you had to pay Romo. You could have let him play out the contract, but then you'd have to let Spencer go to get your draft picks signed. Then you'd have to draft a quarterback high and spend a year preparing him to be the starter in 2014. They were painted into a corner by their own choosing and I think they overpaid to get the deal done. What they're trying to do is just push the thing (cap) back until Romo's gone.

Other teams are cutting their 30-year-old descending players. The Cowboys are re-doing theirs and giving them more money and more cap-hit money. The Wittens, the Wares, the Ratliffs ... these guys are all in their 30's. The only way out, you have to draft well, you need to get a cheap labor force. Guys on their rookie contracts making minimal amounts. That allows you to pay big money to keep your stars in place. But this team hasn't drafted well.

The Cowboys have that huge flat tire from '08 and '09. You never escape that. You almost have to go eight years before you escape those two bad drafts. That's haunting the Cowboys right now. This is a team that's not a contender.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Pittsburgh cut James Harrison

and?

their cap is in worse shape than ours and their defense is worse also.

they are about to lose sanders to the pats because they can not pay him.

as tight as our situation is we are not losing any players because of it, and we had that penalty.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
James Harrison with the classic steroids bell curve of production. Still can't believe that fuck won DPOY and Ware still hasn't.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
David Moore ‏@DavidMooreDMN 4s
Here's decision the Cowboys have dumped in Doug Free's lap. The RT can take pay cut to stay & compete for starting job or risk being cut.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
so if we come through on this can our FO get the praise everyone was giving Ozzie "Cap Hell" Newsome when he did this to whoever it was?

Top Bottom