cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
dont sass me ya bitch I'm just checking. I don't have any idea where they graded out.

I was literally asking if you agreed or not. I'm still looking for PFW grades but I found Matt Miller's grades.

He had Doug Free ranked 25th. Gave him a 27/50 for Pass Blocking and 34/50 for Run Blocking.
Tyson Clabo ranked 8th. 40/50 for Pass, 39/50 for Run.
Andre Smith (who's also available) ranked 4th. 39/50 for Pass, 46/50 for Run.
Eric Winston ranked 3rd. 39/50 for Pass, 47/50 for Run.

Free is 29 years old. Clabo is 31, Smith is only 26, and Winston is also 29.

I don't hate Free, I just hate his $10M plus cap hit.

If we freed up more cap space (Free June 1 cut, Spencer long-term deal, Vickers cut, etc) I would love it if we signed Smith to a multi-year deal, obviously with incentives for staying in shape. 26-year old stud tackles are rarely left on the market. He has some issues (attitude, staying in shape) but he played very well the last 2 years. Andre and Tyron would be solid bookends for a while for us.

Last edited:

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
weird that KC just decided to drop the 3rd best tackle in the league. And that noone else seems to want him, either.

I don't trust OL evaluations from any jabronies.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Kansas City's situation is unique. They franchised Brandon Albert and they knew that they were most likley drafting Luke Joeckel so they made a financial decision to move on from Winston's salary.

Atlanta also made a business decision with Clabo.

Cincinnati is being their normal cheap selves(they have $28,989,197 in cap room) but you would think someone would have snatched up Smith by now. I'm sure a lot of the bad info on Smith is being put out there by the Bengals in efforts to keep him available and the price down. They are actively trying to re-sign him, just not willing to meet his contract demands.

Angrymesscan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
weird that KC just decided to drop the 3rd best tackle in the league. And that noone else seems to want him, either.

I don't trust OL evaluations from any jabronies.

Are you saying if they're so good, why are they available... :nsis

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That doesn't explain why noone else seems to want the third best tackle in the league.

Where did Jake Long grade out? Dude got signed pretty quickly.

I looked at football outsiders stats for OL....the only bit they break it down by position is for run success. It fits the eyeball test at least for us because we've got like decent numbers to the left side, ok in the middle, then Right tackle....32 out of 32. KC was 16th on the right tackle and 31st on the left. Possibly why they ditched their tackles. Atlanta was 5th and 8th so I don't get that but they were terrible outside, which may also just be because they don't have talented or fast RBs.

Tough to evaluate. Bottom line to me is that noone is giving these guys jobs.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't care what position Long played I'm saying where did he rank? If he ranked like 28th or some shit and got a job anyhow then maybe this dudes rankings are shit. Third best whatever tackle he still doesn't have a job so people can stop crying about signing him tbh.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Couldn't it be that a lot of teams were in love with Long before he was drafted and think that they can reclaim what they saw in film then? As well them hoping that he remains healthy while under contract?

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jason laconfora who gets everything wrong, is saying Dallas will give free an ultimatum but wants clabo.

Reaction score
@JasonLaCanfora 6m Dolphins trying to get an OT before draft via trade; Dallas remains interested in T Tyson Clabo and Eric Winston but $$ and cap crunch...

NU UH WE NEVER HAVE CAP ISSUES AND WE GOOD WITH CAP!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHOMER

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
@JasonLaCanfora 6m Dolphins trying to get an OT before draft via trade; Dallas remains interested in T Tyson Clabo and Eric Winston but $$ and cap crunch...

NU UH WE NEVER HAVE CAP ISSUES AND WE GOOD WITH CAP!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHOMER

Here's a guy who never ever ever learns.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score

He is a moron mid. Guys wrong all the time.

I am hoping we take fluker, then u cut free have a cheap pair of tackles and when u have to pay lee and Bryant free's money's off the books.

Solves two problems.

Top Bottom