Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If that is the case, Drew is losing his touch.

Client wants $3-4 million a year, team with no cap room is interested!

He's one step below the Postons, who the league blackballed. I wish they would do the same to this rat.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Team with desperate need at right tackle, team that has traditionally had no problem spending a lot of money, especially up front and most importantly team with the most media coverage and biggest spotlight.

If you want attention, u connect the dots on those three.

and we have plenty of money to sign eric Winston or clabo.

It is all about attention, not about the reality of where Dallas is in relation to the cap.

And no...we don't have "plenty of money". There is a reason we are being calculated with what we are doing.

Believe me, if things were as free as you suggest, we'd be signing a lot more in free agency to make up for Jerry Jones' mistakes.

That is his pattern. Here rabble...chew on this splash and ignore the fact I am a complete novice as a GM after all this time.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think it'll be freaking hilarious when Broaddus and the rest of the Dallas media clowns end up being wrong

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It is all about attention, not about the reality of where Dallas is in relation to the cap.

And no...we don't have "plenty of money". There is a reason we are being calculated with what we are doing.

Believe me, if things were as free as you suggest, we'd be signing a lot more in free agency to make up for Jerry Jones' mistakes.

That is his pattern. Here rabble...chew on this splash and ignore the fact I am a complete novice as a GM after all this time.

Not sure what your saying, but if the team wanted to sign Winston today they could.

Could we sign another carr contract, no. Winston or clabo, yes.

Free and spears off the books june 1st, Can still go into livings contract for money if they wanted to and Vickers is on thin ice.

I didn't suggest anything was "Free" or in good shape.

and his pattern has been to be a player in free agency for one year and then back off the next for whatever reason.

Reaction score
Why Costa? He may be smart and savvy buts he gets pushed around, has a frame that can't really support the bulk that he needs to anchor the position (Matt Lehr called and wants his physical predicament back), will always be on the brink of an injury and worst of all, screws up the shotgun snap. Why do we want that starting? Cook may not be elite but at least he can snap the ball cleanly and cannot be accused of being undersized. Cook as backup but get rid of Costa.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think it'll be freaking hilarious when Broaddus and the rest of the Dallas media clowns end up being wrong

they would be wrong if he is signed before the draft. If he or clabo is signed the weekend of the draft, say Saturday morning or Friday night, then they would be spot on.

Bryan and Mickey were almost completely spot on all year in regards to the info they passed along during the week leading up to the game. Broaddus was off on some cap stuff concerning spencer, but essentially these guys have been given good info and have hinted at it or just straight out said it during the week this past season.

talking cowboys was really enjoyable because of this.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Why Costa? He may be smart and savvy buts he gets pushed around, has a frame that can't really support the bulk that he needs to anchor the position (Matt Lehr called and wants his physical predicament back), will always be on the brink of an injury and worst of all, screws up the shotgun snap. Why do we want that starting? Cook may not be elite but at least he can snap the ball cleanly and cannot be accused of being undersized. Cook as backup but get rid of Costa.

will cook even make it to camp?

if we draft a guard we will have costa/Kowalski/mack to compete at center. I don't think they will keep cook around especially considering what he makes as a veteran.

he could end up being the guy they call up week 2 if the center spot is still shaky and bring him back without having to guarantee his money.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Not sure what your saying, but if the team wanted to sign Winston today they could.

Could we sign another carr contract, no. Winston or clabo, yes.

These are veterans.

They are not interested in a shell game where there is a bunch of money they will never see.

I am no Adamjt, but I don't think we have but what...five million in cap space?

Winston wants $3-4 mill a year and it will be mostly up front.

And I doubt he's going to take some friendly deal just for the "honor" of having a star on his helmet.

I feel pretty safe in saying simply...we don't have the clout to sign anyone.

At least how the market is right now.

Doug Free's contract has Jerry by the short hairs and it is his own damn fault.

He's not going to sign another guy with that albatross on the payroll.

Free and spears off the books june 1st, Can still go into livings contract for money if they wanted to and Vickers is on thin ice.

:lol

Oh yeah, those "aces in the hole". Vickers? Livings? Please. He is not going to cut them off after a year to sign Winston and still massage Free's contract.

I didn't suggest anything was "Free" or in good shape.

Yes, you did.

You plainly suggested that we can sign Winston or Clabo "if they could".

That's bullshit.

We are tap dancing around the cap right now and are not in a prime position with contract negotiations.

and his pattern has been to be a player in free agency for one year and then back off the next for whatever reason.

Riiight. This is just Jerry's "off year".

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
lol.

whatever you say.

Rest assured if the team wanted to sign Winston or clabo they could.

livings wont get cut because he is guaranteed money, but they restructured his deal and never turned it in.

free is either taking a pay cut or being released the only reason it hasn't happened yet is because it wont count until june 1st anyway.

they have the money to sign Winston. These guys are getting small deals all over the place. No one is going to pay them big money right now. After the draft there is a good chance they clear cook and Armstrong from the books, if they grab a fullback it could be the end for Vickers also.

I wouldn't expect him to take a friendly deal in any capacity. However I do know that first hand he is a texas guy, he hangs out with texas musicians and supports there charities and events. He likes our organization. If he is in a situation 3 weeks from now where no one is going to pony up big money and he has to play on a 1 or 2 year deal somewhere we will probably be the most attractive team to him, if the money is equal.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
lol.

whatever you say.

Rest assured if the team wanted to sign Winston or clabo they could.

Really?

They could sign whomever, but they would be stupid to do it given their current situation. Even for this hillbilly family.

livings wont get cut because he is guaranteed money, but they restructured his deal and never turned it in.

free is either taking a pay cut or being released the only reason it hasn't happened yet is because it wont count until june 1st anyway.

they have the money to sign Winston. These guys are getting small deals all over the place. No one is going to pay them big money right now. After the draft there is a good chance they clear cook and Armstrong from the books, if they grab a fullback it could be the end for Vickers also.

I wouldn't expect him to take a friendly deal in any capacity. However I do know that first hand he is a texas guy, he hangs out with texas musicians and supports there charities and events. He likes our organization. If he is in a situation 3 weeks from now where no one is going to pony up big money and he has to play on a 1 or 2 year deal somewhere we will probably be the most attractive team to him, if the money is equal.

So...you got nothing other than...rest assured, Jerry could get it done if he wanted. And Winston's like a Texan at heart and stuff.

Jerry's just being as smart and super coy as he has shown after all these years.

Got it.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Right.

Explain to me why if he is stuck in a situation where he is only going to get a 1 or 2 year deal why he wouldn't come here?

and why do you keep bringing up jerry? He is not going to negotiate the contract or sign the guy. Cant you get past saying jerry sucks in every single thing you post?

If they gave him a 3 year deal, gave him the money upfront and spread it out on the cap why could they not afford him?

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I will say this is the most cap constrained I've seen Dallas in quite some time. They are down to just a handful of moves remaining that they can use to make future cap space.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I will say this is the most cap constrained I've seen Dallas in quite some time. They are down to just a handful of moves remaining that they can use to make future cap space.

for this season they are almost tapped out. Handful of veterans that can create some space and the two at june 1st. Have to remember an Anthony Spencer deal can get done at any time.

broaddus mentioned today they are all locked away in draft meetings so that stuff is not happening right now.

Next year they will have some moves to alleviate the problem and the lee, Bryant situation is going to compound it.

that 10 million dollar cap penalty was a real kick in the ass.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
for this season they are almost tapped out. Handful of veterans that can create some space and the two at june 1st. Have to remember an Anthony Spencer deal can get done at any time.

broaddus mentioned today they are all locked away in draft meetings so that stuff is not happening right now.

Next year they will have some moves to alleviate the problem and the lee, Bryant situation is going to compound it.

that 10 million dollar cap penalty was a real kick in the ass.

The cap penalty didn't help, but there are plenty of cap issues that are their own doing. Plenty of big, bad contracts that have been handed out in the last few years.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The cap penalty didn't help, but there are plenty of cap issues that are their own doing. Plenty of big, bad contracts that have been handed out in the last few years.

no doubt about it. But if you added 5 million to the 5 we have, that's 10 that is a big problem if you were not expecting it. If you work out a deal before camp with Anthony spencer you might add another 4 to 6.

Draft a guard, wr and fullback and you cut cook, Armstrong and Vickers and you remove three veteran contracts.

by the time camp starts we may create some cap space. Mickey said on the blitz sunday that he was told they are going to eat what they have for next year even though they could still sign another veteran at some point.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Right.

Explain to me why if he is stuck in a situation where he is only going to get a 1 or 2 year deal why he wouldn't come here?

Have you paid any attention to what Winston, from his own mouth has said the last few days?

He's freaking out. He felt he would be snapped up quickly and he's not. He's frustrated by the process.

He asked for too much from San Diego and his agent is posturing.

Far as we all know, Dallas hasn't even talked to him. Which given our mess is smart.

and why do you keep bringing up jerry? He is not going to negotiate the contract or sign the guy. Cant you get past saying jerry sucks in every single thing you post?

Well, he does suck in comparison to the better GMs in this league. And I will continue to bring it up. Sorry that bugs you.

If they gave him a 3 year deal, gave him the money upfront and spread it out on the cap why could they not afford him?

Because if it were nearly as simple as you state, they would have done it. But the reality is, they don't have that latitude.

I know it sucks to realize Jerry and Goof Son have painted themselves into a corner. But soon, you might begin to understand how inept out braintrust truly is in comparison to those franchises to who can overcome challenges.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
oh good god with the jerry stuff and playing this game where you idiots think everyone loves jerry to pump up your internet personna.

The falcons had to cut clabo to try and get a deal done for ryan because there cap is so bad.

we actually have I believe its like 4.4 or 4.8 whatever.....We are going to get free and spears off the books june 1st and I would bet anything, unless we draft an end of course that they lock spencer into a long term deal and wipe that 10 million off the cap down to probably the 4 to 6 range this year.

then the other vets I keep mentioning.

The bottom line on Winston is probably that he is not as good as the money he is asking for. He has been cut two years in a row and has gone on visits and has not been offered what he wants. Teams are not spending on a guy like him for whatever reason this offseason, maybe its the draft or maybe its just the teams who have money don't want to spend it there.

Also, it appears we have not talked to him. Again, its not about the latitude to do it, its about what do they think he is worth? especially 3 weeks before the draft where they could end up with fluker. It would be nuts if they gave Winston a 3 year deal and then on draft weekend end up with a chance to draft fluker in the first or armstead in the second.

Its not about can't. Its about want.

can we trade and extend revis? nope. A guy like Winston they could sign for sure.

Top Bottom