Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...c-winston-dallas-cowboys-have-mutual-interest

The Dallas Cowboys finally might be prepared to admit their $32 million mistake in extending right tackle Doug Free's contract two years ago.

A source who has spoken with free agent Eric Winston and a Cowboys source have both told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport on Monday that there is mutual interest between the two sides. A source who has spoken to Winston adds that talks are "heating up."

Although the Cowboys also have looked into former Atlanta Falcons right tackle Tyson Clabo, Rapoport is told this "doesn't necessarily mean" the team is ready to cut ties with Free.

So I guess both Shefter and Rapaport are full of it, eh?

As for Winston, 3 mill is the absolutely most I'd give him a year. Anything more than that and he can hit the road.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Really? Jerry has been prone to making good solid football decisions so often that we can assume he will in this case?

Parnell is younger and cheaper, and has proven he can handle the swing tackle role.

If another T is signed or drafted early, Free is going to be released.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry finally picks a lineman that stays on the team more than 2 years since picking Larry Allen in 1994 and he gives him $32 million.

F'ing moron.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Parnell is younger and cheaper, and has proven he can handle the swing tackle role.

If another T is signed or drafted early, Free is going to be released.

Sure, but no T has been signed or drafted.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Breaking news- the draft hasn't happened yet and free agency hasnt ended.

Breaking news, we have had an OL problem for 5 years and one pick has been made to address it. That, and a few blind swings at FA. So, to assume he will all of a sudden get it this year is stupid.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Breaking news, we have had an OL problem for 5 years and one pick has been made to address it. That, and a few blind swings at FA. So, to assume he will all of a sudden get it this year is stupid.

Its gonna change damnit!

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Its gonna change damnit!

jerry.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
In the DMN article by David Moore talking about the Cowboys NOT negotiating (now) with Eric Winston, he said "the team prefers to address its OL issues via the draft: (or something along those lines)

Reaction score
I'm encouraged by how old Jerry looks in that picture. Thanks for posting that Iamtdg.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jerry comes from good genes and his Mom died at 90 something. He'll outlive us......we're doomed.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
In the DMN article by David Moore talking about the Cowboys NOT negotiating (now) with Eric Winston, he said "the team prefers to address its OL issues via the draft: (or something along those lines)

I completely understand. We do so well at drafting lineman.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry comes from good genes and his Mom died at 90 something. He'll outlive us......we're doomed.

It doesn't matter, u guys waste your time worrying about this. This a family buisness for them, any notion we will ever have outside mgmt is completely false.

Stephen, jr and Charlotte run almost everything right now as it is. charlottes kids and Stephens kids are setting themselves up to be lifelong mgmt.

we just have to hope they luck in to some good players.

Reaction score
It doesn't matter, u guys waste your time worrying about this. This a family buisness for them, any notion we will ever have outside mgmt is completely false.

Stephen, jr and Charlotte run almost everything right now as it is. charlottes kids and Stephens kids are setting themselves up to be lifelong mgmt.

we just have to hope they luck in to some good players.

I don't think Stephen has his dads ego.

I hang my hat on that.

Not saying Stephen will hire a real GM. But don't think he'll do a lot of the dumb shit that his father does.

mdawg65

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Luck as a business strategy is not what I would deem healthy. Hopefully future generations of Jones learn differently.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't think Stephen has his dads ego.

I hang my hat on that.

Not saying Stephen will hire a real GM. But don't think he'll do a lot of the dumb shit that his father does.

Could be true. he has said some odd things also and seems to endorse all the dumb things we have done.

He gave Roy Williams the contract for instance.

Charlotte was on with Gina miller last night and all she talks about is the concerts and the tournament next year at the stadium. She is a rising star in the league and she has a large hand in everything that goes on here. It seems all this family cares about is keeping the stadium filled with people for events and they never shut up about this stadium.

On the blitz Sunday nick eatman did a whole segment with gene jones, Jerry's wife about the opera being simulcast at the stadium.

As norm Said back in 09 when the whole family were doing stadium things everyday, who is taking care of the football team...and it turned out that year it seemed no one.

Top Bottom