ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Maybe Stephen will at least hire the best coach possible. For the most part, our drafting is okay. And there's not really any indication that Stephen won't pay for talent.

It may be obnoxious to hear Charlotte talking about tractor pulls and concerts, but we know they do pretty much have to keep the Stajium filled all year to make the huge nut that thing costs. As long as she stays out of football, I don't see the problem.

No actually, she'd probably be a better GM than Jerry. Take it back.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Maybe Stephen will at least hire the best coach possible. For the most part, our drafting is okay. And there's not really any indication that Stephen won't pay for talent.

It may be obnoxious to hear Charlotte talking about tractor pulls and concerts, but we know they do pretty much have to keep the Stajium filled all year to make the huge nut that thing costs. As long as she stays out of football, I don't see the problem.

No actually, she'd probably be a better GM than Jerry. Take it back.

I used to think Stephen would be great. At this point I don't know. Same thing with ciskowski. I assumed those two would have full control by now and we were going to be run really well.

I just don't think that anymore. When parcells was here Stephen was a great interview, he always seemed to be in the same line of thinking, not repeating what tuna said but saying the same things with his own opinion. Jerry just repeated bill, until 06.

Who knows maybe Stephen likes it more structured and is more comfortable in that environment and that is how it will be when he is the final voice. One can hope.

But again, he was big on signing pacman and giving Williams that contract....so either he got strong armed on that one or he was in on it.

I guess on the flip side though, there were all those rumors after the loss to the Vikings in 09 that Stephen wanted to dump wade and Garrett and hire shanahan. I wonder would have happened had we done that. We would have been better, the skins would never get better as I imagine Snyder would have hired another lapdog.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Stephen was the one who wanted to sign Pacman and Roy Williams? You sure? Both of those moves seem like pure Jerry. Jerry's the old wildcatter who loves to take big risks... We saw it almost a decade before on Galloway. And Jerry's the one who put his arm around Pacman like it was his own son.

I know Stephen does the contract details, but that doesn't mean the old man isn't the one making the calls on big picture moves like those.

I'll agree that Stephen might not be any better, but I don't read too much into his interviews. He may be the son of the boss, but he's still not -the- boss. Big difference. He pretty much has to toe the company line at this point.

And of course we'd be better off with Shanahan. Or Fisher. Or Gruden. Or Holmgren. All proven winners who, unlike in 2007, could've been hired.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I didn't say he was the one who made that decision.

I am saying he went right along with it, he was on the radio and on tv selling it constantly. If I remember correctly he had a hand on pacman hooking up with Irvin for that completely foolish interview he did where they tried to make pacman out to be some victim who needed a second chance.

No question he is not the final voice and until he is he should not be completely judged, but he has said some very sketchy things.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Well at least we know he about fought Jerry on Deion and had a big voice in getting TO cut, so there's some evidence he has some sense.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Well at least we know he about fought Jerry on Deion and had a big voice in getting TO cut, so there's some evidence he has some sense.

Yep and if the shanahan thing is true he has good instincts to see the future also.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
ian rapport tweeted about an hour ago that Dallas has asked free to take a pay cut now to free up money so they can sign Winston.

I believe the free thing as I believe this will be there fallback, free at a cheaper price and then draft a tackle.

but having Winston as the starter and parnell and free as backups is a pretty nice thought. Draft guard and then end up with livings/mack/costa as a backup would be good also.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Not sure why you need Free if you have Winston, Parnell and Tyron

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Me either, but I thought it was short sighted last year to only have 3 tackles on the team and I think it would be smart to have 4 again this year.

IF we have Kowalski/costa at center and mack/livings/leary/draft pick at guard.....4 tackles could be ok....

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

They dont. They want his cap space now, rather than afetr June 1

Free knows he is probably going to get cut at some point.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Me either, but I thought it was short sighted last year to only have 3 tackles on the team and I think it would be smart to have 4 again this year.

IF we have Kowalski/costa at center and mack/livings/leary/draft pick at guard.....4 tackles could be ok....

Almost no way Free is here if they sign Winston or someone else (or draft someone early)

I guess there might be a slim chance that they could get Free to take a paycut on the premise he would have to compete fr his spot, maybe he'd beat out Parnell as the swing T, but I doubt it.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Broaddus reaffirmed that we have nothing on the table for Winston.

Said rosenhaus is just trying to get someone to bite on Winston.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score

I know the guys who work for the team are more liable to know more, but I don't think this is just some fabricated story being thrown out there by Rosenhaus as some would have us believe.

Schefter, Mortensen, Werder, and Rapaport are all connected guys with the major networks and Werder has serious ties to Dallas. All 4 of them have reported our interest in Winston in some form or another and I do not believe that all of them are throwing shit out there because they heard a whisper somewhere.

We may not be offering Winston a contract at the moment, but I also do not believe that there's nothing going on like Broaddus and Eatman are saying.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Rosenhaus is telling the reporters ace. Trying to gain leverage that someone is almost signing him so they can generate interest.

Mickey and Bryan said two weeks ago, guys like Winston they will only be interested in on 1or 2 yr deals after the draft if they don't get what they want.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I would stay far away from anyone represented by that piece of shit.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score

If that is the case, Drew is losing his touch.

Client wants $3-4 million a year, team with no cap room is interested!

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If that is the case, Drew is losing his touch.

Client wants $3-4 million a year, team with no cap room is interested!

Team with desperate need at right tackle, team that has traditionally had no problem spending a lot of money, especially up front and most importantly team with the most media coverage and biggest spotlight.

If you want attention, u connect the dots on those three.

and we have plenty of money to sign eric Winston or clabo.

Top Bottom