dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You didn't see his big fits he was throwing Sunday? At the refs, at the coaching staff. Several of them, over "bad" calls, over not getting the ball. And so on?

People who say he's matured just aren't paying attention. Trade him NOW, while he can still be a hot commodity and while he doesn't have a new, fat contract.

Honestly no

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
No reason you can't keep McClain and Lee and of course, McClain's deal has to be team-friendly. Not even Jerry is going to blindly throw guaranteed money at him.

I wouldn't franchise DeMarco. The 2014 RB Franchise Tag is $9.54 million. I'd rather draft a young RB and sign 2 other starters with that $9.54M.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No reason you can't keep McClain and Lee and of course, McClain's deal has to be team-friendly. Not even Jerry is going to blindly throw guaranteed money at him.

Agree

I wouldn't franchise DeMarco. The 2014 RB Franchise Tag is $9.54 million. I'd rather draft a young RB and sign 2 other starters with that $9.54M.

I hate the idea that he might be gone in his prime though. I'm sure he can be replaced, but he is a very good all around back. Runs well, can run with power, can make people miss some, runs with speed at times, excellent receiver and he is extremely good at blitz pickup.

If he stays healthy this yr he's easily going to get 300-350 carries, but this would be his first season of really having a huge workload so it isn't like there's a ton of excess wear and tear on him yet.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I hate the idea that he might be gone in his prime though.

I agree but I hate the idea of paying a beat up RB way too much money past his prime (Marion Barber). If he offered to sign a team-friendly deal, I'd be all over it. I'm betting he's looking for a payday and I get that.

Also, I know exactly how to convince you into letting Murray walk....

ToddGurley.jpg

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He earned it. Dez is an Irvin clone. Gotta keep him.
Let him test the market at least. Look at how our last big contract deal is working out.

He's good trade bait right now.

What happened to the negotiations? We were gonna have a deal before week one, now there's no deal, the talks broke down. Wonder why.

You guys really would sneeze at a deal sending Dez away for a 1st and 2nd round picks?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
image12.jpg

You're not gonna fuck me by getting hurt, are you?

No sir.

Excellent. Sign right here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Let him test the market at least. Look at how our last big contract deal is working out.

He's good trade bait right now.

What happened to the negotiations? We were gonna have a deal before week one, now there's no deal, the talks broke down. Wonder why.

You guys really would sneeze at a deal sending Dez away for a 1st and 2nd round picks?

He's too good a player.

Yeah lets trade him away for Bobby Carpenter and Jacob Rogers. Excellent plan!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He's too good a player.
Right, like several others were before they got their big contracts. Long list of them, who developed lots of soft tissue injuries and malingered on them until they could leave.
Yeah lets trade him away for Bobby Carpenter and Jacob Rogers. Excellent plan!
Excellent straw!

Answer the questions: What happened to the negotiations? We were gonna have a deal before week one, now there's no deal, the talks broke down. Wonder why.

And lemme give you a hint: NO team in the NFL is afraid of, nor do they game plan, Dez.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And lemme give you a hint: NO team in the NFL is afraid of, nor do they game plan, Dez.

If you believe that you are retarded beyond belief.

Hey you don't like the guy, we get it. But he is a helluva football player who works his ass off to get better and help the team win.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And they don't "deserve" shit. They were well compensated for what they've done. This idiotic idea that they "deserve" a long term, lucrative deal is silly.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If you believe that you are retarded beyond belief.

Hey you don't like the guy, we get it. But he is a helluva football player who works his ass off to get better and help the team win.
I don't like him or dislike him. I am dispassionate and objective about him.

You act like there's not 20 other guys out there than can do what he does. Newsflash - there are and most of them also have what Dez lacks, blazing speed.

Umm, nobody is afraid of him, they don't game plan for him, he is not a speed threat and he is fairly easily controlled.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Doomsday said:

Lol you don't watch the games do you? Just this past game Tennessee was lining up against Dez like it was a punt.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Lol you don't watch the games do you? Just this past game Tennessee was lining up against Dez like it was a punt.
That's a player playing the receiver. Do you understand what game planning a individual is?

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Answer the questions: What happened to the negotiations? We were gonna have a deal before week one, now there's no deal, the talks broke down. Wonder why.

Wonder why what? Come on man. It's negotiations. You're looking too far into it. This shit happens all the time. A deal will be done sooner or later. There's no rush. Dez is getting paid regardless.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Wonder why what? Come on man. It's negotiations. You're looking too far into it. This shit happens all the time. A deal will be done sooner or later. There's no rush. Dez is getting paid regardless.
I know all of that. But one day it's all sunshine and rainbows, the next day no deal and no timeline.

Maybe somebody at valley ranch woke up.

Top Bottom