Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I would try to sign McClain to an extension now. He may price himself right out of here.

I'd want the extension to be incentive-packed with plenty of opt outs for the team if he acts like a jackass.

He's the best player on Defense IMO. Keeping him also keeps Sean Lee from playing MLB which may save Lee's career.
Yep lock him up for two years, on the cheap. Save Sean LEE! That China Doll needs another position, like taking Redball's place as head cheerleader.

Reaction score
Jimmy was crazy to trade Herschel.

Dez is excellent trade bait, you might could even get a 1st and a 2nd for him, for the right team really needing a WR.

There's SOME reason the contract talks broke down guys. Once you sign a guy like this to a big deal he's no longer trade-able.
It's debatable whether it's a good idea to trade Dez and it all depends on what you get in return.

I'm just saying Jerry would never do it. He doesn't have that type of foresight. Herschel wasn't his deal. When's the last time Jerry traded a young rising star to get a haul of picks in return? We're on the wrong end of these deals under GM Jerry.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
yes it was, but fans should stop saying the refs cost us a score. the Titans stopped chasing him when the whistle blew.

I'd need to see the replay but it didn't look like anyone was going to get him

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Jerry would trade Dez Bryant, Demarcus Lawrence, and a pick for Larry Fitzgerald. Tell us how we just got a Hall of Famer.

Hostile, dbair, and the other mindless sheep would defend the move.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I would try to sign McClain to an extension now. He may price himself right out of here.

I'd want the extension to be incentive-packed with plenty of opt outs for the team if he acts like a jackass.

He's the best player on Defense IMO. Keeping him also keeps Sean Lee from playing MLB which may save Lee's career.

I want to see how it plays out, but so far am liking what I am seeing.

But playing MLB is not what is problematic for Lee in terms of staying healthy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry would trade Dez Bryant, Demarcus Lawrence, and a pick for Larry Fitzgerald. Tell us how we just got a Hall of Famer.

Hostile, dbair, and the other mindless sheep would defend the move.

No, I wouldnt

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
But playing MLB is not what is problematic for Lee in terms of staying healthy.

It's playing in less space, less distance between him and the Guards.

Good Lord man, please tell me you don't think that playing MLB is not more physically demanding than playing WLB. Why do you think the Dexter Coakley's of the world survive?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's playing in less space, less distance between him and the Guards.

Good Lord man, please tell me you don't think that playing MLB is not more physically demanding than playing WLB. Why do you think the Dexter Coakley's of the world survive?

I'm sure the MLB needs to be physical, but that isn't what has caused his injury problems. He plays plenty physical enough in addition to being a really good athlete for the position.

The injuries he has had have nothing to do with where he has played at LB.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Trade Dez?? GTFOH with that shit.

Murray.. I'd tag him. I hate signing RBs to long term deals. I'd like to keep him but draft his replacement. Learn from the Barber deal.

Sean Lee is brittle. That's why he can't stay healthy. We could move his ass to punter and he'd fuck around and strain a knee cap.

McClain's deal, whatever it ends up being, needs to protect us. Maybe he has matured and did a lot of growing up but don't take our chances. Gotta start protecting ourselves with this shit.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It's debatable whether it's a good idea to trade Dez and it all depends on what you get in return.

I'm just saying Jerry would never do it. He doesn't have that type of foresight. Herschel wasn't his deal. When's the last time Jerry traded a young rising star to get a haul of picks in return? We're on the wrong end of these deals under GM Jerry.
Yep I agree with you, my response was to the "gurrrl you crazy" gif posted.
We need more players just like him, not less.
You didn't see his big fits he was throwing Sunday? At the refs, at the coaching staff. Several of them, over "bad" calls, over not getting the ball. And so on?

People who say he's matured just aren't paying attention. Trade him NOW, while he can still be a hot commodity and while he doesn't have a new, fat contract.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Going forward Sean lee Or McClain who'd you rather

As injury prone as Lee is I'm not ready to give up on him. Might be too early for McClain too. He has a lot to prove yet.

So Lee for now but McClain, by the end of the season, could be the real answer. Considering he keeps up the good play.

Top Bottom