Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Of course, just because he's still here doesn't mean he's going to have responsibilities. He could end up spending Sundays holding a clipboard and looking goofy while McCarthy does all the heavy lifting.

So nothing will change for him

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yep

This does change the way I look at things growing forward

I’m not as optimistic as I was before this news.

We are also sticking with the 4-3 base defense and now switching to a 3-4 as some ppl thought we might

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yep

This does change the way I look at things growing forward

I’m not as optimistic as I was before this news.

We are also sticking with the 4-3 base defense and now switching to a 3-4 as some ppl thought we might
Was trying to point this out earlier, about Boy Wonder Helen Keller Moore. OC calls the plays, typically. Look for lots more runs in the A gap on 1st and 10 into 9 man boxes.

Who ever thought we would switch to a 3-4? Never saw anyone anywhere thinking that.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
oh goody. another season where Zeke touches the ball five times in the second half.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Was trying to point this out earlier, about Boy Wonder Helen Keller Moore. OC calls the plays, typically. Look for lots more runs in the A gap on 1st and 10 into 9 man boxes.

Who ever thought we would switch to a 3-4? Never saw anyone anywhere thinking that.

It wasn’t ppl on here
It was the media/podcasts that were alluding to it because Nolan traditionally runs a 3-4 or 3-4 hybrid. So the thought was that he may switch to a 3-4 outright or ease into it over the next couple of seasons

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hopefully MM can learn the youngin sumthin and improve his play calling.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The good news is I was never optimistic after the McCarthy hiring. The bad news is Helen is still involved in the offense. Oh and for those of you that think Jerry at age 78 has another HC hire left in him after the shit sandwich we got fed the last decade I think you are dreaming. However long Jerry has is how long McCarthy has unless he has a couple 5 and 11 seasons. Hoping for a miracle but expecting wild card playoff exits

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It wasn’t ppl on here
It was the media/podcasts that were alluding to it because Nolan traditionally runs a 3-4 or 3-4 hybrid. So the thought was that he may switch to a 3-4 outright or ease into it over the next couple of seasons
First I've heard of it and I watch all the sports and football shows.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
First I've heard of it and I watch all the sports and football shows.

It’s been mentioned more than once

If you haven’t seen or heard it then it probably came from the podcasts that I listen to

I know they have been talking about it on the draft podcast because they are trying to figure what type of d lineman MM is going to want in the draft

They were saying that Nolan has run 4-3 before, but he typically runs a 3-4 or a 3-4 hybrid similar to the Pats

Listening to the draft show is kinda interesting this year. Since no one has an idea of what MM is looking for yet it’s causing them to look at everyone instead of the typical type players that Marinelli always preferred

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Or has it in him to take the kid's toys away if he doesn't play nice...

One can only hope

The shitty part is I was looking forward to having the offense/play calling/game management be completely new and unpredictable

I wanted to see a brand new scheme from a brand new team and to see something we have not seen from the team in a looooong time

Creativity

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If you haven’t seen or heard it then it probably came from the podcasts that I listen to
No telling, really. We need personnel help at all 3 levels of the defense. Hard to tell which of the three is worse. But above all we need to have less thinking and more action, no matter what scheme you use a 1500 page playbook craps it up.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hopefully Lewis will get a real shot now that Richard and his “typical sized players” is out the door

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No telling, really. We need personnel help at all 3 levels of the defense. Hard to tell which of the three is worse. But above all we need to have less thinking and more action, no matter what scheme you use a 1500 page playbook craps it up.
Yep and right this team lacks any kind of personnel to run a 3-4 effectively IMO.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
One can only hope

The shitty part is I was looking forward to having the offense/play calling/game management be completely new and unpredictable

I wanted to see a brand new scheme from a brand new team and to see something we have not seen from the team in a looooong time

Creativity

Not surprising and this is why I like McCarthy. How many times have we seen a QB struggle in a new scheme? I've said it 100 times. Next year is all about Dak. I'm certain the offense will have some wrinkles but Dak is going to be given every chance to succeed.

This is also eerily similar to when Parcells got here. He kept Zimmer and the 4 - 3 his first year before he changed to a 3 - 4 the following year. I expect a WC offense after next year unless Dak thrives with new coaching. It's all on Dak and he'll get every chance to succeed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom