dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep

This does change the way I look at things growing forward

I’m not as optimistic as I was before this news.

We are also sticking with the 4-3 base defense and now switching to a 3-4 as some ppl thought we might

It wasnt like Moore was awful. The offense did have a great deal of success. Whats missing is better fundamentals, which I am sure we will see an improvement in.

I dont know anyone other than idiot Zoners who thought we were switching to a 3-4. People get too hung up on what scheme you play anyway, 4-3, 3-4, 5-2, 3-3-5. Who cares. Just get to the QB and make plays on the football in the air at some point.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
One can only hope

The shitty part is I was looking forward to having the offense/play calling/game management be completely new and unpredictable

I wanted to see a brand new scheme from a brand new team and to see something we have not seen from the team in a looooong time

Creativity

A lot of what Moore did the first 3 weeks last season looked pretty creative, then it looked like Garrett got involved more and dumbed things down.

As for seeing a brand new team, you will. One that doesnt miss oodles of blocks and tackles, one that seems prepared on a week t week basis, a team that doesnt make dumb penalties or errors all over, a team that doesnt grossly mismanage the most simple in game management decisions etc etc

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This is also eerily similar to when Parcells got here. He kept Zimmer and the 4 - 3 his first year before he changed to a 3 - 4 the following year. I expect a WC offense after next year unless Dak thrives with new coaching. It's all on Dak and he'll get every change to succeed.

Parcells actually let Zimmer keep the 4-3 his first two years. After that good yr in 2003, the defense was a train wreck in 2004 and right after the season is when Parcells announced he was changing to the 3-4 and everybody on the staff would have to get on board with it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Translation= "Hey Witt, there might be a spot as assistant TE coach or something available, you interested?"

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Parcells actually let Zimmer keep the 4-3 his first two years. After that good yr in 2003, the defense was a train wreck in 2004 and right after the season is when Parcells announced he was changing to the 3-4 and everybody on the staff would have to get on board with it.

Good call and I stand corrected......

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
For the crowd that thought NOTHING was changing offensively, read carefully.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
gonna be interesting to see how he handles the fact his boss doesnt

I know where you are coming from amigo and I know it's early, but you have to like the fact that everything about the football team (hired coaches, systems, who is doing what) is coming from the head coach's mouth instead of drunken GM

Top Bottom