Jerseycowboysfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Understood, and yep I agree with you. No way he only gets a couple seasons. He's here to instill a significant change in culture and direction and if he wholeheartedly doesn't believe Prescott is the guy after working with him closely, there will be changes at the QB spot.

That said, I do think McCarthy is going to be really good for Prescott. The quality of coaching Prescott is about to get will far and away be the best he has ever received, especially since coming to the Cowboys.
I agree with some but not all. I agree that McCarthy is going to be on a somewhat of a truncated timetable but not a quick hook. McCarthy will need time to instill his system and don’t forget about the talent ( player personnel ) he requires for his system to be acquired yet.

I wholeheartedly agree Dak will get the best coaching he’s received since coming over . Maybe, just maybe that’s what he needs.

Listen fellas, I believe the talent on this roster is un-fuckin-believable . However , we didn’t have the right guy running the show to push that talent to be even better. We need a no nonsense guy that’s not gonna take any shit from these fuckin players . With garret here the inmates ran the asylum, hence we went nowhere!!!! It’s time to take control back , push these mothafuckas.

1 good thing I see is McCarthy assembling his own staff. He seems to be in control. Maybe just maybe Frank Sinatra ( Jerry Jones ) in the booth upstairs is realizing he can’t do it 🎼 myyyyyyy wayyyyyyy.🤷🏻‍♂️

America's Team

Spectator
Reaction score
I doubt he is being mandated to get to a NFC Championship or else in his first year. There's almost no way in hell he'd get fired after one yr, if you'd like to bet on it let me know.

Jerry thinks this team is already ready to compete in the Superbowl. I'm judging by what Jerry believes in, not by what I do.

He brought McCarthy in for instant results. If he doesn't deliver anything substantial after 2 years (past the divisional round), my guess is that he's gone.

And they did reach out to Urban Meyer (who was also the guy I wanted for the job) but it's apparent Meyer didn't want to do it.

According to what Meyer said to some people at Fox, he wasn't even contacted by Dallas. That might be true or not. I find doubtful that Jerry wanted him since he wants immediate results and McCarthy, in his mind, fits the role better than a College coach.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
According to what Meyer said to some people at Fox, he wasn't even contacted by Dallas. That might be true or not. I find doubtful that Jerry wanted him since he wants immediate results and McCarthy, in his mind, fits the role better than a College coach.

It was widely reported that they reached out to Meyer a couple months ago. When Stevie was asked about it later, he didn't deny it.

Then there were reports that said the Browns wanted to consider him for their job too, and nothing came to fruition. I strongly suspect Meyer was really intrigued by the idea of a return (especially for Dallas) but after giving it much thought, he probably came to the conclusion that his health wouldn't hold up.

There were reports that Dan Mullen was clearly Plan B if McCarthy hadn't accepted the job, and I'd be willing to bet Meyer gave a really strong recommendation for his former Asst HC/OC.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The old strength and conditioning coach Mike Woicik won’t be returning

GOOD, maybe these fuckers won’t take themselves out of the game after one single play so they can rest

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well it sure looks like Jerry is letting MM do his own thang when it comes to choosing his staff

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They always say to keep one person around from the past coaching group so they can point out the Rico Gathers types

I just wish it would have been the ball boy instead of Moore

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Of course, just because he's still here doesn't mean he's going to have responsibilities. He could end up spending Sundays holding a clipboard and looking goofy while McCarthy does all the heavy lifting.

Top Bottom