yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think Leary is often overlooked and underrated plus he is in a contract season. That said, if Collins is anything like Martin, then you cant keep him off the field. Could Free be the odd man out? Kindof an expensive backup.

Not a bad problem to have.

My hope is he pushes Free, Leary stays healthy and does well and remains part of a young and talented starting 5 going forward

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Does his name translate to The the Collins?

Actually I believe it translates to "God-God". Combining the Arabic "La" --- God, with the Hebrew "El" --God.

One thing for sure... proof that God is a Cowboys' fan.LOL

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Leary sucks anyways.

You're being ignorant. Leary doesn't suck. I for one always felt that he should be a swing/backup guard. It would extend his career.

Leary is probably the 5th best (last) starter on the OL. Somebody has to be though, doesn't mean he sucks.

I mean on an OL with Larry Allen, Mark Tuinei, Erik Williams, Nate Newton, and Mark Stepnoski... who would be the 5th best player on that OL and did they suck? 1 and 2 would obviously be Allen and Williams.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
OK. He's average. Gave up 28 pressures in the regular season but ranked 6th among guards in run blocking.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
reddit: the front page of the internet

Some great reading in here... funny shit.

Example:

trustthepudding Eagles
I can see it now: Its 3rd and 5 for the cowboys. Romo takes the snap. Suddenly, he remembers he left his oven on at home. He face palms and then runs to his car. Damn, it won't start he thinks to himself. He decides to take the bus instead. He finally gets back home and realizes he forgot his keys. Knowing how dire the situation is, Romo decides to climb to a second story window he remembers was unlocked. Finally, he turns the oven off. Romo decides to get some cardio in on the way back, so he decided to do a brisk jog. Romo makes it back to the stadium just in time to see one of the D-linemen piercing through. He points and winks at Jerry before tossing the ball to Dez. First down, Cowboys.

:lol

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
reddit: the front page of the internet

Some great reading in here... funny shit.

Example:

trustthepudding Eagles
I can see it now: Its 3rd and 5 for the cowboys. Romo takes the snap. Suddenly, he remembers he left his oven on at home. He face palms and then runs to his car. Damn, it won't start he thinks to himself. He decides to take the bus instead. He finally gets back home and realizes he forgot his keys. Knowing how dire the situation is, Romo decides to climb to a second story window he remembers was unlocked. Finally, he turns the oven off. Romo decides to get some cardio in on the way back, so he decided to do a brisk jog. Romo makes it back to the stadium just in time to see one of the D-linemen piercing through. He points and winks at Jerry before tossing the ball to Dez. First down, Cowboys.

:lol

LOL

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus retweeted

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt
· 6h 6 hours ago
I'm sure #Cowboys received good character reference on La'el Collins from Les Miles. I know Cam Cameron told me he swears by the kid.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't double check this, but this is pretty incredible:

Collins, Martin, Fredrick, and Free will cost just $18M against the cap over the next 2 seasons. Jeremy Parnell will cost JAX $14.5M over that same span. If we assume a $4M 5th-year option on Fredbeard, it will be $32M through 2017. That's $2.6M per player per year.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Parnell was overrated by Cowboys fans (Zoners and dbair) and overpaid by Jacksonville.

In 2 years, our 7th rounder from Va Tech will be a better player than Parnell.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It's okay to go full homer right now.

This is a lot of fun, something we haven't had for a while.

But I hope these guys know that they will still have to go out and earn it.

None of that "Dream Team" shit please.

Just go kick someone's ass on Sunday afternoon, go to their house Sunday night, fuck their woman and kick their dog.
I just.... See our OL they way it was before this, as a nasty bunch anyway and I can't imagine them not getting alot more nasty now. Collins with the big chip on his shoulder can be the nasty mauler brute Williams was for the line backna day - making everyone on the OL, just plain mean in kind.
Thread title courtesy of the dbair school of comedy.

Or was that doomsdays dumbass?
I don't do stuff like that, dicknose.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
What was it, 4 or 5 seasons ago this line was a complete disaster. Doug Free as the best of the worst. People claiming we were lucky just to have Free.

Now Free will be lucky to keep his job if they kick this guy to LG.

4 young all-pro caliber talents on the offensive line. Insane.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
4 young all-pro caliber talents on the offensive line. Insane.
And, relatively cheap too for awhile.

There's alot to like about this deal. Easy to get excited about potential what's to come as well.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Parnell was overrated by Cowboys fans (Zoners and dbair) and overpaid by Jacksonville.

In 2 years, our 7th rounder from Va Tech will be a better player than Parnell.

this thread was great until you started fagging it up

Top Bottom