ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Whatta move. There's hope for Jerruh yet!

Well this is right up Jerry's alley. If there were no draft and this were recruiting like college, we'd have some of the best talent every year.

It's that pesky level playing field that stumps him.

Reaction score
Collins was projected late 20s. I've seen Gregory as high as fifth pick to Washington.

It's hard not to get excited about 3 first rounders in the boring offseason.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Well this is right up Jerry's alley. If there were no draft and this were recruiting like college, we'd have some of the best talent every year.
I don't give him any credit at all as a talent evaluator. I DO give him credit for surrounding himself with some people over the years who are though.

He's s salesman, just show him the Mark as they say.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It's now safe to say this is a pretty darned good draft/offseason thus far.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He does not possess elite balance and can be challenged by speed-rushers. He'll over-compensate occasionally and leave the inside open for counters.

Collins' aggression is admirable but also leads to mistakes. Rather than patiently waiting for defenders to come to him, Collins will occasionally lunge, making himself top-heavy and prone to slipping down the body of his opponent. This can lead to his hands getting too low or slipping onto the side and/or back of defenders, which invites them to swim over the top of him to disengage.
All this stuff can be fixed with pro coaching.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I was wondering when ya dumbasses were going to change the thread title.

Now that it has been changed appropriately.

To the rest of the NFC East...

qblC2nF.gif

~Insufferable homer mode on~

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Collins was projected late 20s. I've seen Gregory as high as fifth pick to Washington.

It's hard not to get excited about 3 first rounders in the boring offseason.

He was projected top ten near the end of the process before the news broke.

Safe to say the Giants would have took him at nine where they forced the Ereck Flowers pick.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I seriously want to rub one out right now.

Not even going to ask if that's gay, because it is.

i don't care.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Even the evil Universor cabal now getting pumped up about next season.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This is without question a stellar move and it is a move you don't make if you don't intend to continue playing bludgeon ball. So on that note I'll shut my mouth about Dallas' offensive intent. They've made it about as clear as it can be, with this acquisition.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
[video]http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2015/05/02/live-press-conference[/video]

This is a must watch.

Something or someone or old age has possessed jerry jones because I don't recognize this guy who's humble, defers to others to speak and is self deprecating

What the fuck is going on here? I'm stoked!

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Sad that an innocent pregnant woman/ex-gf had to die for him to fall in our lap.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'd be hiring people to murder the loved ones of blue chippers across the country around draft time.

Reaction score
@toddarcher: La'el Collins said he understands why teams passed on him but "now everybody has to face me ... They will feel me."

Reaction score
@RainerSabinDMN: On losing millions, La'el Collins said, "I am still getting paid. It's way more than I was getting in college." Laughs after that remark.

Reaction score
@toddarcher: @toddarcher: La'el Collins - This is going to be the best offensive line in NFL history. Mark my words.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wow, so we basically got 3 first rounders this year. Even if rounds 3 and later end up busting, it's a great draft if Collins, Gregory and our actual #1 end up not busting.

While the Chaz Green pick may be regarded as a reach, I think this Collins' signing even makes that look good; with Green being the added depth.

Top Bottom