dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
LOL at fans of teams like Saints, Eagles, Giants and Skins just beside themselves over this move.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
It was pure class giving this kid a press conference of his own after all the shit that he's been cheated out of.

Reaction score
The press conference was great. The kid's attitude and poise is impressive. And he's so fired up. He seems to have that burning desire for greatness. It is obvious that this guy can't wait to kick some ass.

Watching him ... it isn't difficult to imagine him becoming the emotional touchstone of that OL ... the guy who motivates and raises the performances of the guys around him.

Great players want to play with great players. It didn't surprise me that he wanted to join a bunch of pro-bowlers.

What does surprise me is that I'm about to say this: Gotta give credit to Jerry for closing the deal.

That must have been one hell of a dinner conversation.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sturm says this draft week has been the highwater mark of the Cowboys front office since he started covering the team. Says Collins was the #1 rated OL on his board and that Jones, Gregory and Collins were all top-25 picks for him.

Am gonna check his final rating out.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sturm write up on Collins, did have him as top OL prospect:

The Best
La’el Collins, LSU

He is a competitive, physical bull-dozer with a mean streak. He is “a finisher” – a guy who is not interested in blocking you for 3 seconds when he can mess with you for 6. He has very strong zone blocking skills in the running game and comfortable in pass protection and gets centered with the edge rushers very well with a kick-step that beats his man to the angle. He will face an adjustment if he is drafted into a passing offense from what he dealt with at LSU. He gets better as a game goes along. Good disposition and good competitiveness.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Sturm says this draft week has been the highwater mark of the Cowboys front office since he started covering the team. Says Collins was the #1 rated OL on his board and that Jones, Gregory and Collins were all top-25 picks for him.
The Collins signing isn't really "front office work" like the others, though. Everyone knows this guy is super talented -- it's not like it takes any ability to spot talent better than anyone else. It's just recruiting, which we know Jerry is good at.

Just saying that I see each player as very different. Jones might be good or might not -- he's not a slam dunk but more of a typical lower first rounder. Gregory is a troubled talent that 30 other teams passed on. Collins looks great, but again, everyone knows that.

To me Collins looks like by far the most sure thing. He's huge even compared to Frederick and Martin.

Reaction score
Collins seems as close to a sure thing as you can get. We've essentially got an all-pro oline for the next decade. That should help a lot when we need to find Romo's replacement.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
To me Collins looks like by far the most sure thing. He's huge even compared to Frederick and Martin.
He's just so quick off the line and rangy, has those long arms that have alot of power in them. He has all the tools to dominate.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
LOL at fans of teams like Saints, Eagles, Giants and Skins just beside themselves over this move.

Yeah Redskins' fans are talking about Cowboys will take anybody and that they (Redskins) are building a team of players with character etc. Yet they wanted him right up until they found out he signed with the Cowboys.

Reaction score
Dante Fowler carted off, knee injury.

On a side note, go watch the match ups he had with Collins. He couldnt do shit against him. Never understood the Fowler thing, looks like a scheme thing.

***I just saw the video. It looked serious.

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

On a side note, go watch the match ups he had with Collins. He couldnt do shit against him. Never understood the Fowler thing, looks like a scheme thing.

Pretty much everyone reputable really liked him, though, and for the right reasons.

That sucks, though. Hope nothing like that happens to us.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

Jaguars' 1st-round pick Dante Fowler tore his ACL and is out for the season, league source tells ESPN.

Top Bottom