Second round: 43rd overall selection
Second round: 45th overall selection
Third round: 64th overall selection
Third round: 76th overall selection
Fifth round: 140th overall selection
Sixth round: 193rd overall selection
Seventh round: 222nd overall selection
link

If the 2nd is the 33rd overall and the 3rd is the 64th overall, I could see how this would be tempting.

Plus they will be asking for next years pick as well, especially since the Titans will likely have mid round picks next year. Would be nice to get a 1st and 2nd for next year through trade/s that would allow us to trade up to #1 to take Fournette

tonyraye

Cheerleader
Reaction score
They've won the division, twice.
10-6 (RG3's year) I give them that
3-13
4-12
9-7

Not overly impressive plus what will they do next year? I don't think it will be better than 9-7 as well as giving up 2012 1st, 2012 2nd, 2013 1st and 2014 1st! You build a team through the draft, hard to do without your top picks.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
10-6 (RG3's year) I give them that
3-13
4-12
9-7

Not overly impressive plus what will they do next year? I don't think it will be better than 9-7 as well as giving up 2012 1st, 2012 2nd, 2013 1st and 2014 1st! You build a team through the draft, hard to do without your top picks.

You said crippled them from being competitive.

I'd say winning the division twice is not crippled.

Put it this way, the Redskins were good enough to survive that trade and still compete last year. In that same time span, we have won the division one time and went 4-12 last year.

tonyraye

Cheerleader
Reaction score
You said crippled them from being competitive.

I'd say winning the division twice is not crippled.

Put it this way, the Redskins were good enough to survive that trade and still compete last year. In that same time span, we have won the division one time and went 4-12 last year.

I did, 4 years have passed and they have a combined record of 26-38!
The only reason they won the division last year was because the Cowboys lost the starting QB, starting WR, starting CB, starting MLB x 2 and that's just off of memory. No excuses just a freak year for injuries.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If you are going to troll, I'll let you go back under your bridge. If you want to have a discussion then I'm happy to do that.

This place is my bridge.

It just seems like you are towing the company line. Last year was a fluke, injuries, bad luck. 2014 is the real team. Never mind the 20 years of mediocrity.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Listen to the man, cmd.

Don't like the team and everything they do?

You want to consider that maybe Romo might not play five years? We do anything but think last year was just some bad luck thing and we just need to replenish the juggernaut?

GEEEEEEEEEETTT OUT

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Listen to the man, cmd.

Don't like the team and everything they do?

You want to consider that maybe Romo might not play five years? We do anything but think last year was just some bad luck thing and we just need to replenish the juggernaut?

GEEEEEEEEEETTT OUT

Where would I go next?

I'd consider DCC but umm.. well, @Iamtdg is there.

Reaction score
I did, 4 years have passed and they have a combined record of 26-38!
The only reason they won the division last year was because the Cowboys lost the starting QB, starting WR, starting CB, starting MLB x 2 and that's just off of memory. No excuses just a freak year for injuries.

If you can just dismiss 2015 as a "freak year for injuries" then can you also dismiss 2014 as a "freak year for amazing good health, a ridiculously easy schedule, and playing 5 back up and or rookie QB's?" Because we've been 8-8 with no divisional titles the three previous years.

But let me guess... 2014 was the real us.

GO COWBOYS!

tonyraye

Cheerleader
Reaction score
If you can just dismiss 2015 as a "freak year for injuries" then can you also dismiss 2014 as a "freak year for amazing good health, a ridiculously easy schedule, and playing 5 back up and or rookie QB's?" Because we've been 8-8 with no divisional titles the three previous years.

But let me guess... 2014 was the real us.

GO COWBOYS!

I never said this team cannot make major improvements, this was just assumed by someone on the boards. Offensively we have a lot of talent but we need a great RB and I do not think Elliot is the one. I have said this for months, I prefer to trade out of the first round for picks next year plus some this year. I believe Fournette is the next big thing and we should trade 2 firsts and 2 seconds to be able to draft him. How we get those picks is by trading this years picks (this draft class is weak compared to others) for next years and get more value for our #4.

That said on defense our biggest weakness is the DL/DE and not being able to generate pressure on a QB, which causes our backs to suffer. You cannot afford to be in coverage for more than 5 seconds in this league and Denver showed what getting to the QB can do for you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not even sure you addressed my post at all.

But at any rate, the LSU RB is going to be rode hard next year in a Heisman campaign. Might have 300 carries. A lot of wear and tear.

You don't sell out for RB's. This isn't the 1980's NFL anymore.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I never said this team cannot make major improvements, this was just assumed by someone on the boards. Offensively we have a lot of talent but we need a great RB and I do not think Elliot is the one. I have said this for months, I prefer to trade out of the first round for picks next year plus some this year. I believe Fournette is the next big thing and we should trade 2 firsts and 2 seconds to be able to draft him. How we get those picks is by trading this years picks (this draft class is weak compared to others) for next years and get more value for our #4.

That said on defense our biggest weakness is the DL/DE and not being able to generate pressure on a QB, which causes our backs to suffer. You cannot afford to be in coverage for more than 5 seconds in this league and Denver showed what getting to the QB can do for you.

What about Elliott makes you think he won't be great? Especially running behind this line. Or are you saying that because you really want Fournette?

I can understand wanting to trade down to get extra picks but I wouldn't trade all those picks for a RB.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So gamble everything on Fournette next year while Tony uses up a half to a third of the only time he has left.

Sounds like a great plan.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not to mention we are competing against 31 other teams for the opportunity to draft Fournette.

If we suck and he's there, sure, bring him on.

Trade two #1's and two #2's for him? Ninja please.

tonyraye

Cheerleader
Reaction score
What about Elliott makes you think he won't be great? Especially running behind this line. Or are you saying that because you really want Fournette?

To me he can catches beautifully out of the backfield, his pass blocking is good and he hits the hole hard, I just worry that his vision and top speed are not what you would need at this level. When you watch him run, you see a great college back, when you watch Fournette run, you see a man among boys.

So gamble everything on Fournette next year while Tony uses up a half to a third of the only time he has left.

You are not gambling everything if you are trading this years pick for a higher quality pick in next years draft. Every draft is not the same, so this years best RB is not going to be as good as next years best RB etc. I am talking about making the most of the #4 pick in a stronger draft class for RB next year. Fournette would dominate behind this line and Romo will not be around for another 3-4 years.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
No doubt Fournette would be great here but no way in hell am I sending multiple firsts for a RB with their life spans being the way they are in todays NFL.

Reaction score
Lawson is probably a better pass rusher but not as good against the run than Bosa.

I would think that this defense is going to need a lot of help against the run. Right now the goal is the pass rush and the Dallas defensive line does not really have a "demand a double team" type player. When guards and centers are 315-330 pounds and Crawford is 276 and maybe McClain or Thornton are 300 and the space allotted is limited, the mass can contain the speed even with just one player. On the outside the Dallas DEs are light but they are not exceptionally fast or strong or tall either.

If you look around the league at the best 4-3 under teams, the best 1-techniques are massive and demand double teams.

Dallas has a group of slightly oversized LBs at DE and slight fat DEs at DT. Just getting set up to be manhandled in a run game.

No I can't fathom what is being built here.

tonyraye

Cheerleader
Reaction score
No doubt Fournette would be great here but no way in hell am I sending multiple firsts for a RB with their life spans being the way they are in todays NFL.

If those draft picks are are all acquired from the #4 this year plus next years #1 are then traded for him, then I have no problem with it. As I see us having a much higher first round pick next year than we currently have. Also there is consideration to giving up the #4 this year for Elliot, the same arguement can be made for Elliott's durability.

Top Bottom