dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks! How many did you have to check? I have seen like 10 with him holding the ball in his right hand on the left side of the field.

I don't think its an issue even if he does do it. One of the impressive things about him is ball security.

I thought I read he had zero fumbles in his college career.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Has anybody seen any tape of him carrying the ball in his left hand?

Curious because switching the ball to the outside arm is taught all thru early football.

Emmitt never switched hands. He always carried the ball on the same side.

Reaction score
Thanks! How many did you have to check? I have seen like 10 with him holding the ball in his right hand on the left side of the field.
This is the first clip on Sturm's scouting breakdown of Elliott, which I posted earlier in this thread... so about 1. :biggrin

tonyraye

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Has anybody seen any tape of him carrying the ball in his left hand?

Demarco Murray never switched hands either, but the only season he focused on it, he had the most fumbles of his career. We will see with Elliott.

Reaction score
Where is this notion that Ezekial Elliot is a "home run threat" or has breakaway speed, or has speed that Murray didn't have? He ran a 4.47 and a 4.45 but Murray ran a 4.41. Elliot explodes through the line in bursts but it's not like he's Chris Johnson and his impressive runs in the college secondary are going to be much different in the NFL where everyone is his speed and faster. McFadden is probably still faster than Elliot in straight line speed but Ellot is just more complete, much quicker and elusive and much more difficult to corral for the defense. But this idea that he is somehow an acceleration step up from Murray is nonsense.

tonyraye

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Where is this notion that Ezekial Elliot is a "home run threat" or has breakaway speed, or has speed that Murray didn't have? He ran a 4.47 and a 4.45 but Murray ran a 4.41. Elliot explodes through the line in bursts but it's not like he's Chris Johnson and his impressive runs in the college secondary are going to be much different in the NFL where everyone is his speed and faster. McFadden is probably still faster than Elliot in straight line speed but Ellot is just more complete, much quicker and elusive and much more difficult to corral for the defense. But this idea that he is somehow an acceleration step up from Murray is nonsense.

I would agree with you. I honestly think that he is overrated in those aspects. No Emmitt, was deemed too slow to be a home run threat and look where he ended up and sometimes when I watch his games, he seemed to be able to do everything he did by sheer will. I did like a lot of what Elliott had to say after he was drafted, he looked at his team as a family, he would not take anything away from his brothers at OSU..etc etc. Shows a level of leadership and maturity. If that translates to the field, I do not know, but he played in a zone blocking scheme at OSU and he will play in the same scheme here at Dallas and I think he will rush for over 1200 yards if healthy. I still would have loved to see the Cowboys trade back for picks in next years draft and go after Fournette, the power and speed that man has.....wow.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Fast enough to have 3 runs over 80 yds for tds.

Murray was fast coming out of OU. He was fast his rookie year. His speed deteriorated quickly though and IMO he bulked up too much, probably in an effort to better handle the workload.

Elliott is already 227 lbs. Murray was nowhere near 227 coming out, and Chris Johnson was a fucking string bean. So the comparison is moot.

McFadden got caught from behind more than he should have last yr.

Reaction score
By Barry Horn , Staff Writer Contact Barry Horn on Twitter: @bhorn55

Planning on a career as a television draft expert? Take a page from NFL Network's Mike Mayock -- and disregard Thursday night's dancing exhibition put on by ESPN's Mel Kiper.

It all happened as the Cowboys prepared to make Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott the fourth selection in the draft.

Mayock managed to cover all his bases when he said the Cowboys have "nothing" at defensive end. Then he mentioned that defensive back Jalen Ramsey "may be the cleanest player in the draft." And finally, he mentioned that Elliott was the Cowboys' pick in his mock draft. See what he did there? He covered all his bases.

Meanwhile Kiper was defending himself against fellow ESPNer Jon Gruden, playing prosecutor. One minute Kiper was saying Elliott would be a good pick for the Cowboys. The next minute, Gruden guided him into declaring, "If I was a general manager I'd never take a running back in the first round." All Gruden could do was smirk.

It was left to Louis Riddick, the third analyst on ESPN's panel, to clean up the mess.

"Ezekiel Elliott would be my guy here, regardless," said the former front office executive for the Philadelphia Eagles.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What's up with that big square white patch in the middle of Jerry's forehead?

Microdermabrasion or some other cosmetic procedure?

Reaction score
They photoshopped the life-threatening melanoma off his forehead before it was released to the media.

Top Bottom