Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd be happy with that. Although with McClain trying to eat himself out of the league they may need to look at drafting Darren Lee or Reggie Ragland.

2648892b18e55830954306af85e7acfe.jpg

Is that old pick of Nate Newton? lol

tonyraye

Cheerleader
Reaction score
We disagree then, nothing wrong with that.

No nothing at all, you come here to discuss things like adults hopefully and maybe get your eyes opened to other people's perspective, which is something I really enjoy.

You have to have someone willing to trade with you though. With the top two QB's gone a lot of the trade leverage the Cowboys had is gone. They're not going to get a deal like the Titans and Browns got.

I mean it is highly likely that both Goff and Wentz are going 1-2, but stranger things have happened and if someone takes Lynch, Ramsey or Bosa at #2 then it will get very very interesting. Highly unlikely but things like this have happened before in the draft. Who knows maybe the Browns love Lynch and think they can get him for the #8 and let him sit a year to let him learn how to be under center, if Philly took him they might trade with the Cowboys to take Wentz or Goff, whichever is left, but we can play this game all day long.

I'd be happy with that. Although with McClain trying to eat himself out of the league they may need to look at drafting Darren Lee or Reggie Ragland.

Let the man eat during the off season, his playing weight is like 250, I mean he can probably gain 20-30 lbs without blinking an eye. Now at least he's working to get back into shape, hopefully it's not the round shape!

Reaction score
Preventing Elliott from joining the Eagles and Giants is worth something in and of itself.

Doesn't it seem like the whole spirit of the Philly draft move up was exactly that: they knew Wentz would go to Dallas and they didn't want that. After all, they already have their QB and the backup locked up in pretty big money. Makes not financial sense but it does make strategic sense in QB down the road but more importantly keeping Dallas from getting a strong weapon. They didn't need Murray last year and he certainly didn't fit in their offense. They signed that Oakland CB Asomougha right out from under Rob Ryan when it was not a big need for them. Eagles have a history of toying with naive and impulsive Jerry (didn't the Eagles trigger LaFleur or another TE?).

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Doesn't it seem like the whole spirit of the Philly draft move up was exactly that: they knew Wentz would go to Dallas and they didn't want that. After all, they already have their QB and the backup locked up in pretty big money. Makes not financial sense but it does make strategic sense in QB down the road but more importantly keeping Dallas from getting a strong weapon. They didn't need Murray last year and he certainly didn't fit in their offense. They signed that Oakland CB Asomougha right out from under Rob Ryan when it was not a big need for them. Eagles have a history of toying with naive and impulsive Jerry (didn't the Eagles trigger LaFleur or another TE?).

I don't think its that at all. I think they wanted a legit long term solution at QB and saw the chance to get one. Obviously by moving to 2 w/o 100% knowing who the Rams were taking, they were fine getting either of the big two QB's.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Bradford and that JAG backup they signed arnt the answers.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
By the way ESPN's Louis Riddick was on Mike & Mike this morning, he's 100% convinced Dallas is drafting Elliott. Said they have been doing a ton of work on him.

He also believes 5 QB's are going round one, the top 3 plus Cook and Hackenberg (has him going to Denver)

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
By the way ESPN's Louis Riddick was on Mike & Mike this morning, he's 100% convinced Dallas is drafting Elliott. Said they have been doing a ton of work on him.

He also believes 5 QB's are going round one, the top 3 plus Cook and Hackenberg (has him going to Denver)

That would be crazy if 5 QB's go in the 1st round. I want a QB but not enough to draft Cook or Hackenburg in the 1st round. The one bright side is that will push some really good players to the Cowboys at 34.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't think its that at all. I think they wanted a legit long term solution at QB and saw the chance to get one. Obviously by moving to 2 w/o 100% knowing who the Rams were taking, they were fine getting either of the big two QB's.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Bradford and that JAG backup they signed arnt the answers.

It appears that Bradford got his panties in a bunch the day after PHI moved up to number 2. The report states that he may ask to be traded

His problem is that the Eagles hold all the aces in that deal

Good ole Sam has NEVER lived up to expectations, he's injured every single year, throws damn near as many INT as he does TD's so Sam really has no leverage in his favor other than his insanely overpriced contract that I'm sure the Eagles would love to part with

Here is a worst case scenario

The Eagles move up to block the Cowboys from taking a top QB, then they trade us Sam Bradford to us for a bag o dicks or whatever else he may be worth. The Eagles kill three birds with one stone. They get their QB of the future, block us from getting ours, and they saddle us with shitty Sam Bradford effectively crippling our future

It's a win win win for PHI. lol

Reaction score

Murray and Asomougha ... most definitely.

I guess it could be that when the Eagles were talking themselves into giving so many draft picks to Cleveland for the chance to draft Wentz, someone in the Eagles' front office mentioned keeping Wentz away from the Cowboys, but I wouldn't think that the Cowboys played much of a role in the Eagles' decision.

However, if the Eagles shocked everyone by using the 2nd pick on Elliott, I'd say that the "spirit of Philly" idea definitely would apply.

Of course it is very difficult to imagine the Eagles drafting Elliott at #2, given what that #2 cost the Eagles.

Reaction score

That's good news as far as I'm concerned.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's good news as far as I'm concerned.

I like Riddick, he seems to be really honest with his player evaluations, brutally honest.

But his projections have been shit so far in his young draft guru career.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I like Riddick, he seems to be really honest with his player evaluations, brutally honest.

But his projections have been shit so far in his young draft guru career.

He says Elliott is a 100% solid prospect, no baggage or concerns off field etc etc (as some had rumored, like TE mentioned when Elliott apparently moved out from Bosa)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Clayton reporting Cowboys and Titans may have a deal in place now to trade 4 for 15, plus a 2nd and 3rd if Tunsil is still available at 4.

When Riddick was on this morning with Mike & Mike, they all agreed the Chargers were going to pass on Tunsil and take Ramsey instead.

15 is a little further than I'd like to see us go, but the 2nd and 3rd rd does appear to be pretty deep

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Since my Goff dreams were destroyed, my draft hopes are:

1. Ramsey
2. Trade down

Reaction score
Clayton reporting Cowboys and Titans may have a deal in place now to trade 4 for 15, plus a 2nd and 3rd if Tunsil is still available at 4.

When Riddick was on this morning with Mike & Mike, they all agreed the Chargers were going to pass on Tunsil and take Ramsey instead.

15 is a little further than I'd like to see us go, but the 2nd and 3rd rd does appear to be pretty deep

Here's the Titans' picks:
First round: 15th overall selection
Second round: 33rd overall selection
Second round: 43rd overall selection
Second round: 45th overall selection
Third round: 64th overall selection
Third round: 76th overall selection
Fifth round: 140th overall selection
Sixth round: 193rd overall selection
Seventh round: 222nd overall selection
link

If the 2nd is the 33rd overall and the 3rd is the 64th overall, I could see how this would be tempting.

So that'd give the Cowboys a total of 11 draft choices, right?

Realistically, how many roster spots are likely to be available for the 2016 rookies?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Since my Goff dreams were destroyed, my draft hopes are:

1. Ramsey
2. Trade down

I thought you liked Bosa, what happened?

And if they want Elliott, they'll probably have to take him at 4. There's a lot of teams behind us that like him and need RB's.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I thought you liked Bosa, what happened?

And if they want Elliott, they'll probably have to take him at 4. There's a lot of teams behind us that like him and need RB's.

I don't mind Bosa. I think he fills an obvious need and if he can kick the weed habit, he'll be a solid starter for the next several years. If you're asking me if I'd rather have Bosa at 4 OR Lawson a little lower and a pick, give me the trade down all day.

Top Bottom