dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I really wish Zeke would retire to be honest.

His body is broken down (ala Earl Campbell). Love his attitude on the field and he works his ass off, but he physically just can't do it anymore I'm afraid.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Was confirmed where?
They had a long thread on it in that other place with the still pics and the entire video clip, it seems pretty clear Kittle was covered up and ineligible. It's also very odd that we ended up having an interior DL try to chase him down the seam. For whatever reason, the thread has completely disappeared or been moved to some other part of their forum because you know, over-moderation.

That said, they were talking about it on NFL radio and the two guys agreed it probably should have been flagged (I think it was Jim Miller show) but that there was still no excuse for Prescott's poor play.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And just so everyone is clear about my response above, in no way am I saying Jimmy lacks football intelligence (or you DaBoys). I agree whole-heartedly with Jimmy that the play design itself was stupid.

My point is people that believe that play somehow cost the team the game is lunacy. Even last yr when Dak ran with the ball and didnt get down fast enough, did it really matter? They still had a 25-30 yd play left that they would have HAD to get a TD on. People do realize the odds of these type of plays working are pretty damn slim right?

At the end of the day, we didnt advance this year or last yr past San Fran because our QB was the worst player on the field in both games. Period.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And just so everyone is clear about my response above, in no way am I saying Jimmy lacks football intelligence (or you DaBoys). I agree whole-heartedly with Jimmy that the play design itself was stupid.

My point is people that believe that play somehow cost the team the game is lunacy. Even last yr when Dak ran with the ball and didnt get down fast enough, did it really matter? They still had a 25-30 yd play left that they would have HAD to get a TD on. People do realize the odds of these type of plays working are pretty damn slim right?

At the end of the day, we didnt advance this year or last yr past San Fran because our QB was the worst player on the field in both games. Period.

The only real option would have been to get around the 50 and hope for a miracle Hail Mary that probably wouldn't have worked. Dak was so bad he couldn't get 30 yards with 50 seconds or so. It's not the first time we've seen that either.

In a way, this had to happen to open people's eyes. No way Dak should lose that game. Our D played great. They shut down McCaffrey, Kittle and Samuel. If we would have known what their stat line would be before the game most of us would have been certain of a victory.

I'm sorry but we can not win anything with Dak. My biggest hope is that this loss will initiate some change. Maybe we can't trade Dak. But that doesn't mean we don't start evaluating and drafting QB's.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And note to Dooms- no, the penalty that wasn't called didn't cost us the game.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
7cb97a417bdaf8ceaa8ed4ec6270b249.jpg

Well wouldya look at that. They are talking about Allen just like they talk about Dak.

The NFL network was just talking about how Allen needs more pieces around him to succeed. That he can’t do it on his own. He’s not Superman. Blah blah blah

If they didn’t say Allen’s name I would have thought they were talking about Dak.

It’s the exact same shit everyone says about Dak.

When you have a great season then shit the bed in the post season you are going to be judged solely on your lack of post season success. That is the measuring stick for all QB’s

Now Allen is being lumped into the same category as Dak

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Well wouldya look at that. They are talking about Allen just like they talk about Dak.

The NFL network was just talking about how Allen needs more pieces around him to succeed. That he can’t do it on his own. He’s not Superman. Blah blah blah

If they didn’t say Allen’s name I would have thought they were talking about Dak.

When you have a great season then shit the bed in the post season you are going to be judged solely on your lack of post season success. That is the measuring stick for all QB’s

Allen is much more gifted physically than Prescott is and has a far stronger arm, but I think both those guys are lacking in the mental part of the football game. Both make too many poor decisions and don't seem to read defenses all that well. Both can be scattershot with accuracy too.

I think Dak is already at CoachKiller status, and Allen is teetering on that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't worship PFF like some do, but found this out there, this was for the San Fran game.

I thought Tyron had a pretty good game, the other one that surprises me is Bland. I didn't really notice anything good or bad from him but none of the Niner WR's had strong games so he must have been decent IMO.

On the not surprising side, I said several times Prescott was the worst player on the field and apparently PFF agreed.

Top 5 Offense

1. Connor McGovern 77.4
2. CD Lamb 75.6
3. Tyler Smith 74.2
4. Zach Martin 62.7
5. Jake Ferguson 62.0

Bottom 5 offense

1. Dak 39.9
2. Gallup - 44.4
3. Zeke - 51.2
4. Schultz 54.1
5 Tyron Smith 58.6

Defense

Top 5

1. Micah 83.1
2. Osa - 78.8
3. Diggs 75.6
4. Hooker 74.6
5. LVE 68.8

Bottom 5 defense

1. Bland 45.6
2. Gallimore 50.2
3. D Wilson 52.4
4. Hankins 53.0
5. Anthoney Barr 59.7

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

BS. Last year's game between the Bills and Chiefs was one of the most incredible display of QB talent I've ever seen in the modern NFL era. Josh Allen has to run the gauntlet of top tier QB's EVERY year to get the SB. Had he played for the Cowboys, he'd have to get past Purdy and Hurts. I'd take my chances.

Josh Allen is no Dak Prescott. Not even in the same universe.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Allen is much more gifted physically than Prescott is and has a far stronger arm, but I think both those guys are lacking in the mental part of the football game. Both make too many poor decisions and don't seem to read defenses all that well. Both can be scattershot with accuracy too.

I think Dak is already at CoachKiller status, and Allen is teetering on that.

This take uterly delusional. Josh Allen had 7 games throwing for better than 300 yards and 2 where he threw for 400 yards (1 he lost against Miami). All while playing in the elements of Buffalo. Give me Josh Allen any day, all day, 100 times over Dak and I'd take my chances in the NFC. Right now he has to get past Mahomes, Joe Cool and Herbert (with lesser surrounding talent). But I guess this take makes us feel better.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Another BS take. Dak has beaten the zone plenty. What he can't do is do it consistently. But this is not just zone. Dak can't consistently perform. He is what he is. A decent player who has wayyyy outperformed his draft status but was elevated to Franchise status by idiot talent evaluators in Dallas. Andy Reid or Howie in Philly would have traded him for picks.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This take uterly delusional. Josh Allen had 7 games throwing for better than 300 yards and 2 where he threw for 400 yards (1 he lost against Miami). All while playing in the elements of Buffalo. Give me Josh Allen any day, all day, 100 times over Dak and I'd take my chances in the NFC. Right now he has to get past Mahomes, Joe Cool and Herbert (with lesser surrounding talent). But I guess this take makes us feel better.
I didn't say he wasn't better.

But there are similarities with the mistakes. I think I saw during the broadcast against Miami that Allen leads the league in redzone turnovers.

Physically they are not comparable. But he does turn the ball over as much as Prescott. (29 picks last two seasons in the regular season, and a ton of fumbles.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
BS. Last year's game between the Bills and Chiefs was one of the most incredible display of QB talent I've ever seen in the modern NFL era. Josh Allen has to run the gauntlet of top tier QB's EVERY year to get the SB. Had he played for the Cowboys, he'd have to get past Purdy and Hurts. I'd take my chances.

Josh Allen is no Dak Prescott. Not even in the same universe.

And yet Josh Allen watched the Super Bowl from the same place Dak did

His couch

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't say he wasn't better.

But there are similarities with the mistakes. I think I saw during the broadcast against Miami that Allen leads the league in redzone turnovers.

Physically they are not comparable. But he does turn the ball over as much as Prescott. (29 picks last two seasons in the regular season, and a ton of fumbles.

I get it but they're not the same type of player. Not even remotely close, mistakes be damned. Believe what your eyes tell you. Josh Allen would have been in the SB last year if not for a Superman performance by an otherworldly Mahomes who took his team down the field with litterally seconds on the clock. I've never seen anything like it. Ever. Both QB's were supermen that day and it's one of those games where no one should lose.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I get it but they're not the same type of player. Not even remotely close, mistakes be damned. Believe what your eyes tell you. Josh Allen would have been in the SB last year if not for a Superman performance by an otherworldly Mahomes who took his team down the field with litterally seconds on the clock. I've never seen anything like it. Ever. Both QB's were supermen that day and it's one of those games where no one should lose.
Yeah, neither team is that big on Defense. It's like when we had that shootout with Manning at Denver. Nobody could stop anything. This ain't a video game.

Allen's team is doing him no favors at all. They can't run the ball without it being him carrying the ball, and they can't play defense. Cincy has their number and KC's too, because it's about defense. Can you stop the fuckers.

But helll yeah, I'd take Josh Allen right now today over Dak. All but maybe five GMs would take Allen over their current QB.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And yet Josh Allen watched the Super Bowl from the same place Dak did

His couch

See my previous post. Josh Allen should have been in the SB last year. Except he ran into Mahomes. Had that been Dak I'd be saying the same thing. The Bills not being in a SB has nothing to do with Josh Allen. It has everything to do with Mahomes. Go watch the ending of that game and tell me Josh Allen is in the same universe as Dak. Mahomes is just otherworldy, especially in last year's AFC divisional round game against the Bills that went into OT. That game will go down as a classic.

Watch these highlights and you tell me that Josh Allen and Dak should mentioned in the same sentence. 4th and 13 with 2 minutes left and Allent throws a dart for a TD. Chiefs go up (again) and Allen takes the bills down the field and score a TD 13 secons left on the clock. Then converts on the 2 point conversion to go up by a FG. That was ALL JOsh Allen.

13 fucking seconds left. 13..........And Mahomes takes his team down the field from his own 25 and gets them into easy FG range. With 13 seconds. Disgusting for Bills fans but that's Mahomes. And it had nothing to do with Josh Allen.

Top Bottom